Is this "normal" to received a new gun in this condition...

mine came with no hole in the box so i guess its a gay gun and should be sold to the convent sisters for exorcism...what the hell do you expect for a $200 shotty from a com bloc country?..its going to get worse if the factory is changing hands due to money issues...i bet QC has gone to hell and many of the tin hats will be on here bitching about there $1k purchase...saigas are not benellis so get use to lots of crazy shit...personally i am hoping if i ever buy one again its wrapped in a red rusky flag..id probably fly that damn flag as an honor to the rusky saiga builders..just sayin

Hey Boh....

Look at the part of the carrier that you can see when the dust cover's of.....

There are tool marks...

You need to get my Icerack service for 79.99 + shipping to get rid of those nasty tool marks where you can see them... ;)

As for the handle being scratched, I have the perfect solution..... GlassBolt comes with a free Matte finish on the carrier & the scratches in the paint on your current CH would be eliminated along with your break in time and $$$ spent on break in ammo being exponentially reduced...

S6300751.jpg

S6300761-2-2.gif

But you never know....

You may ship it again & that charging handle's sharp, so it could poke through the new box, or other side of the box if you just tape the hole & flip it around....

You need to make the charging handle so it would be unable to easily poke through. At the same time, you could make it so you could charge the weapon with your left hand by simply grabboing the vertical charging handle that is easily accessable so you didn't have to remove your right hand from the pistol grip.

It might save your life...

S6300813-1-1.jpg

S6300814-1.jpg

And remember, all services include a set of 3 port gauges, so you know where your ports stand size-wise.

Yeah...

Absolutely shameless plug.... :D

Yep...

I did it. ^_^

:haha:

:nothing:

I still am amazed that nobody has done a damned thing about the ages old problem of the charging handles poking through the side of the box on about every Saiga that gets shipped individually. How F'n hard would it be to put some extra cardboard or foam reinforcement right there before closing up the box and trusting it to the mail monkeys? Any AK that I've ever sold was shipped with either the bolt carrier removed and padded separately, or the thing supported there by a block of foam, or rolled up cardboard tube to keep it from poking through the box the first time somebody threw it down or put something else on top of it. Instead, most of em get delivered with a hole in the box and a scratched up charging handle.

The Arsenal SGL12-01 from k-var has a piece of pressboard glued to the inside of the box over the charging handle. The pressboard is chewed up on the inside, but the outside looks fine.

Love that avatar!! On par with the skittles girl....:) OK, so for the condition of the box and gun....I would have been pissed....but I still would have kept the gun. I pay good money for a new item, that is what I expect. With that said, I completely redo my guns anyway so it wouldn't have mattered. BUT I still would have voice my dissatisfied opinion, that is for sure!

just picked up mine today, the side behind the safety lever has been ground out , is that getting rid of someone's import marks? still has the legion izzy stuff on the other side. just curious what is is/was, it matches the pic on k-vars site, hopefully can be ground down a good smith ... edit: just found out its called hatch out, no wonder search didnt pick it up,

Edited by mellow

Mine had the hole in the box, no grit or scratches though. More curious was the magazine had 1499 written on it in a faint yellow chalk or grease pencil. Any of you guys have that?

That means the magazine was fitted to your particular gun. The numbers should match the last numbers of the serial #.

They all come with a hole in the box. If you get a Saiga that doesn't have a hole in the box, then it's probably defective and you should send it back. Sounds like you got a good one. :rolleyes:

Tony

That explains it!

My box was MINT.

The SG OTOH.... BHO has it jammed up TIGHT, and I can't see any good way to clear it...

GRRrrrrrrr~!!

DD

PS: I'd bet the "grit" is really dessicant - "silica-gel" - from a busted packet...

Hey Paulyski, your polished bolt video is cool, but what it needs is a naked girl fondling it. You'd double your sales...

Yeah, I'd definitely pay more for the service if Eva Longoria would fondle my bolt.

I asked my actress/model friend to, but she said her agent would never go for it.

I was thinking of using some clips of this for ads, but i need to work that out with her agent too.

Mine had the hole in the box, no grit or scratches though. More curious was the magazine had 1499 written on it in a faint yellow chalk or grease pencil. Any of you guys have that?

That's because the mag's matched to the gun.

That's normal.

just picked up mine today, the side behind the safety lever has been ground out , is that getting rid of someone's import marks? still has the legion izzy stuff on the other side. just curious what is is/was, it matches the pic on k-vars site, hopefully can be ground down a good smith ... edit: just found out its called hatch out, no wonder search didnt pick it up,

That's because it used to say RAA.

Strip the paint, hit it with abrasive prep pads, then media blast it with 80 grit.

Duracoat & it'll all match.

Hey Paulyski, your polished bolt video is cool, but what it needs is a naked girl fondling it. You'd double your sales...

Yeah, I'd definitely pay more for the service if Eva Longoria would fondle my bolt.

I asked my actress/model friend to, but she said her agent would never go for it.

Her agent is a wuss and/or a girly-guy!!:smoke: