Unfortunately, without a court hearing, you will NEVER get your job back at Lowes, and even the, who would want it as they will make you sorry...

BUT... I would get that gunshop owner in there, and I would bring him to the manager who fired you, have him present his credentials, and let HIM tell the manager, that your conversation was on the level, he thought you were an excellent worker, etc.etc..etc..

*AND*

DUE TO THE BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES, he will be telling all of *HIS CUSTOMERS* what Lowes did to you... in the world of small business, WORD GETS AROUND... It wont get your job back... BUT... it may make that manager think twice about jumping to conclusions NEXT TIME...

As well as make him realize that he was LIED TO by the women who ratted you out... and fucked you over....

Good luck!

:smoke:

Well now you have a chance to do something you'd really like to anyway. Really Lowe's is just a big dead end. Do you really want to work around people like that? I know I wouldn't and couldn't. I wish you the best of luck in your next endeavor! And I probably wouldn't waste any time thinking about those losers.

Lift from another thread:

Loneman01,

As for your Lowe's experience, violence in the workplace is a big issue today for companies. You have to be careful about saying anything that might be perceived as threatening, intimidating or violent behavior. Talking about guns and shooting can lead to problems at work these days.....as you found out.

That said, I think I would have asked what exactly was reported as being stated by yourself. Most worthy employers conduct a proper investigation before taking a termination action which would have included speaking with you first and even the gunshop owner. I could be wrong but I suspect the manager who let you go was as anti-gun and a little paranoid as the two women that reported you. In his book, once it was reported you represented a risk he did not want to take so he did the easy thing and let you go. Think of the position he would be in if you went postal a couple of weeks after the women reported their complaint.

Once you are terminated you will not get your job back even if the employer was dead wrong unless you have a union and it demands reinstatement as remedy. At best you would get a financial settlement in exchange for a waiver of all claims and legal rights. If you talk to an employment attorney you may have a case to pursue for wrongful termination. Of course if you live in a state that has employment-at-will as in Michigan, an employer can let you go for any reason or no reason at all and with or without notice. However, that does not give the employer the right to violate other protective statutes such as discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, disability, etc.

Life goes on after job loss. Make yourself feel better. Go get that Saiga..........before somebody else does!!!

Hi

I work in a school and my manager is a very anti-gun female , she has no idea that im a shooter and we get on fine that way but if she ever found out i think things would rapidly change. Your story is sad but is common these days , why do people regard us as such violent killers when we are just joe average???

i will never be able to answer this

all the best for the future

assassin

the sad thruth is...

in many states..

if you are "Union", you can be the most imcompotent fuck.. and still have a safe job..

and if you are not.. they can fire you for anything.

you can't win anything against LOEWS.

However, write an anonymous letter to LOEWS, acting as a consumer.. that this "empoloyee" was talking about how a specifix 2x4 would be good to beat down your children.

Get her fired.

It's the only real "justice" you can get.

well, unless, you are rich+famous+black

Hi

I work in a school and my manager is a very anti-gun female , she has no idea that im a shooter and we get on fine that way but if she ever found out i think things would rapidly change. Your story is sad but is common these days , why do people regard us as such violent killers when we are just joe average???

reminds me of a real patriot.

he won the congressional medal of honor, and wore the silver star with clusters from two wars ( WWII and Korea ).. and yet, he got fired because it was found out that he "owned rifles"...

The actions of those women, are typical of what we see in the World.

Dumb,lame,weak,shallow,no-life low-life,jealous people ganging up together on a Smart,Strong,Decent individual to get on top.

The HAVE NOTS (including criminals) ganging up on the HAVES.

Look at the Anti-Gunners,

Contestants on WEEKEST LINK,SURVIVOR,APPRENTICE and other reality shows.

Yes these shows are bullshit but people learn from what they see.

Loneman 01 Do what you feel is best.

Success in whatever you do.

ACE

seriously...........

sue all parties involved.

that was wrongful and it seems a violation of your rights.

i too believe that won't get your job back but i wouldn't want it back if i were you.

me and a couple buddies talk about guns a little at work and we do get some weird looks from the "older population" but i guess they deal with it b/c i haven't been fired yet.

wish they would try b/c they would have a fight on their hands! it would win national recognition i assure you!

just to save ourselves any unwanted trouble we use the "code" names for our guns like sar1 and romak and saiga and so on.

lord help us if we ever said "AK47" in the presence of others. :cryss::unsure::cryss::unsure:

Edited by TWGLADF

trust me, sueing won't get you anywhere unless you have loads of $$$

look at MJ'.. he shreaded teh anus of a white brat.. but had enough $$$..

the ONLY avenue of justice you have is thru anonymous sources. call up the local "news hound" and tell them the store is knowingly employing child molesters.. then call up the anonymous child services.. and tell them that lady who ratted you out may be abusing her kid.. then call the sheriff's department, and tell them you think your former manager may be hording ammunition and may be a terrorist.

think about it: someone who would fire an american patriot, and would object to law abiding citizens owning legal firearms.. *ARE* most likely terrorists.

You should contact the NRA. They will probably help you out in your wrongful termination suit. Hell, that's why we pay all that annual membership for!!!

Speaking of Lowe's: In my area, Lowe's is known as the female store, while Home Depot caters more to the male population. Maybe you can get a job with Home Depot. They're probably more gun-friendly over there.

Jimmy

Sue the bastards!! You got a hell of a wrongful termination law suit.

We gun owners are still covered by the First Amendment and the anti gun bitches who ratted on you will get theirs in the end. These anti gun nazis will do whatever they can to hurt decent gun owners including their livelyhood. Their disgusting behavior is reminiscent of Stalinist Russia.

:osama::killer:

:sadam::killer:

Of course if you live in a state that has employment-at-will as in Michigan, an employer can let you go for any reason or no reason at all and with or without notice.

hmmmmmm

theres more to it than what we know about from lowes side of the story wouldn't you think that firing him would "push him over the edge" causing him to go postal?

job termination was not the most effective thing to do.

it should have been investigated thoroughly.

prevenative measures should have been taken.

termination was not prevenative, it was instigative. that was begging for him to blow up and go on a killing spree.

not saying he would have but it has happened before. so some people are capable.

sounds to me like lowes (or his co-workers) didn't want him working there anymore. """

Sadly the day i get fired, i drank a lot of beer and Everclear. wokeup the next day in the Hosp. now i owe the Hostp. alot of $$. plus i live in a small town, noone will give me a job now?. So i had to get a Mcdanold's :cryss: just to pay the bills.

All my co-workers; but afew women(whom i was still nice to,& were most likely the ones who get me fired); little me alot.

I would go to your old boss with the gun store owner, like was suggested. even if you dont get your job back, you might be able to get the two women fired because they lied and manipulated the boss. people in charge do NOT like that sort of thing.

unfortunately, like others have said, when you are wronged, it is often a financial burden on yourself to prove yourself otherwise. Also, if you pester the old boss, it might not go well for you, and instead of making yourself look in the right, you will be a nuisance and have no shot at getting your job back.

the fact is that you were wrongfully terminated. ACLU might be able to help you, NRA might, your local assemblyman might be able to help.

you have a right to free speech. so long a you didnt threaten anybody, there is no cause at all for termination.

Sounds kind of weird to me, honestly, were you punctual and hard working? Were you perhaps getting a bit boisterous and joked of killing terrorists? :angel: (I do it all the time!!!) For an employer to fire a person based on hearsay would seem to be a irrational move on his part, especially from a large company like Lowe's. I dont mean to put you down or anything but it just dont sound right.

On the other hand it may even be that the company has an "official" anti-gun stance like AOL or ebay/paypal. If you are indeed an honest victim, you ABSOLUTELY MUST CONTACT THE NRA, WRITE THE PRESS, AND MAYBE ORGANIZE A BOYCOTT OF LOWE'S. Your right to own firearms is a constitutional right just like your right to worship as you choose and freedom of speech. Dont just blow it off, go after them consider it an oppurtunity to help our cause.

God never closes a door without opening a window.

Good luck

Gee, a month or so ago, I got terminated from my job because they wanted somebody older, who could work full time (9-5) as opposed to me working any damn time they needed me and not working when I wasn't needed. . . . Yup, got axed just like that. (maintenence job at a grad school - not grade school) Talk about guns all the time. Then I got kicked out of that same Grad school on some goofy setup about how I had a past due incomplete from two years ago and if I didn't finish it while carrying a full class load, this job I was talking about, and dealing with a divorce. . . I'd get the frozen boot. They didn't hesitate to give me the boot. I am out and unemployed with only my B.S. and three years of Grad sans degree. Maybe I should have talked louder about guns, maybe quieter, who knows.

Dude, somebody lied to get you canned. Chances are if anything comes up hinky, they are gonna look at you as the suspect. All the same, I'd go to one of those "free consultation" lawyers and see if they see enough potential for $$$'s that they will take the case for you.

I wonder who has your job now? one of those cunt's friends or family I bet. if i were in a place where I could legally gamble, I WOULD in fact bet on that there is. almost the same thing happened to me when i still was in the computer trade, working at IBM. I also went through jobs because unknown to me, my criminal record was BOTCHED (completely) for 12 years. Im pretty fucking bitter about all of it too. I now work for myself as a contractor, and even though im in a state where its seasonal work somewhat, I survive. Im booked through my teeth right now actually. I feel very much free doing what I do now, even though its less money.

I guess you have to try to keep your witts about you, and look at whats there to do. call a house painter. some of them will let you apprentice for them. it doesnt take long to learn it well, so its worth checking at least.

Sounds kind of weird to me, honestly, were you punctual and hard working? Were you perhaps getting a bit boisterous and joked of killing terrorists? :angel: (I do it all the time!!!) For an employer to fire a person based on hearsay would seem to be a irrational move on his part, especially from a large company like Lowe's. I dont mean to put you down or anything but it just dont

i was allways real early work, and was told by few managers + store manager that i was a great worker. I never joked of killing terrorists at work but sometimes with the guys.