Inexpensive high brass

Looking for inexpensive high brass option. Something to run through my gun anywhere from 25-50 rounds before i feed some lower brass stuff through it, every trip to the range. One member recommended birdshot Remington Nitro 7.5 shot 1 1/8 oz 1300 fps. Something like .32 a round. Which is fairly cheap IMO. Don't really want to spend lots of money on higher brass, but will settle somewhere in the middle while i break in my saiga12. Anyone else have some others I could look at? thank ya

you might want to look into reloading shot shell. I make all my rounds for my Saiga 12. Slugs,buck shot, and bird shot .25 round of 00 buck cost me $11.07 to make. Store bought 00 buck you looking to spend $30-$40 for 25 rounds

Edited by Rottieman33

614256.jpg

I primarily run that stuff thru mine. Its rated a bit faster then Win Universal (~1200fps). Its not high brass but its cheap @ $22 for 100, and seems to be pretty consistent. I get mine from Farm & Fleet. Sometimes its on sale at $20/100.

If you can buy online, RIO Royal buckshot and Sellier & Bellot buckshot run pretty good in S12's and in quantity, can usually be had 250rds for $105-$110 or so. I'm a fan of the RIO Royal #4 21 pellet buck, rated at 1345fps. I've never had one issue with the stuff.

Edited by Mullet Man

614256.jpg

I primarily run that stuff thru mine. Its rated a bit faster then Win Universal (~1200fps). Its not high brass but its cheap @ $22 for 100, and seems to be pretty consistent. I get mine from Farm & Fleet. Sometimes its on sale at $20/100.

If you can buy online, RIO Royal buckshot and Sellier & Bellot buckshot run pretty good in S12's and in quantity, can usually be had 250rds for $105-$110 or so. I'm a fan of the RIO Royal #4 21 pellet buck, rated at 1345fps. I've never had one issue with the stuff.

I'll have to look around for some of this. I don't have enough room to reload, or I would consider.

Centurion Slugs from SGAmmo (or buck) $79.75 per 250

http://www.sgammo.com/product/centurion/250rds-12-gauge-centurion-1-18-oz-slug-275-inch-1400-fps

Less energy, but still works on same settings as slugs above

Rio high velocity birdshot $5.78 per 25

http://www.natchezss.com/Ammo.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=RO&prodID=ROST328&prodTitle=Rio%20Star%20Team%2032%2012ga%202-3/4

• Like 2

you might want to look into reloading shot shell. I make all my rounds for my Saiga 12. Slugs,buck shot, and bird shot .25 round of 00 buck cost me $11.07 to make. Store bought 00 buck you looking to spend $30-$40 for 25 rounds

15 round value pack of Remington Express 00 buck runs ~$10.00 at Wal-Mart.

614256.jpg

I really like this too. They used to have it at my local wally world, but not lately. And I am nearly out of it. Been shooting the hell out of it testing.

Centurion Slugs from SGAmmo (or buck) $79.75 per 250

http://www.sgammo.co...5-inch-1400-fps

Less energy, but still works on same settings as slugs above

Rio high velocity birdshot $5.78 per 25

http://www.natchezss...%2012ga%202-3/4

Checked out that Rio. Nice on sale! Expensive shipping, will look into other places, but will maybe get some of this!

Checked out that Rio. Nice on sale! Expensive shipping, will look into other places, but will maybe get some of this!

It's ~27 pounds for 250, so it actually costs them real money to ship. But there are lots of places with decent fairly cheap ammo. (edit: ) Those two are what and where I have purchased ammo recently that I shot through my Saigas.

Look at

http://gun-deals.com...p?caliber=12+Ga

Edited by KevinInNM

They are pretty stout. I shot 55 of the slugs, with a sissy pad, on Friday. My shoulder still hurts a bit. But they seemed accurate enough. I was shooting at 15-20 yards, in one of the action pistol pits, so I don't know how it works at range, but I could keep a 5 round mag on the head of an IPSC target easily using the stock iron sights.

cool man. And what is on the centurion slugs right

edit: I went with 250rds of centurion .. cant beat the price.

.31 cents a round.

I bought 1k 223 and 250 12ga slugs for 303 shipped.

Not bad. 26 bucks shipping.

was that at gun deals?

nope :)

Ive come to noticed that gun-deals isnt always the best. and usually it isnt.