So what made you want a suppressor in the first place?

Honestly, I didnt think the "Trust" thingy would work. icon_redface.gif So, I have always been the "Go Big, or Go Home!" kinda person and bought a suppressor & sbr in the same deal submitted all the F4's and now I'm 10 stamps deep after submitting my first in early 2008 with half of those being suppressors. I think I need a can for every sbr or mg. icon_twisted.gif

(Post was copied from the SilencerTalk forum, originally posted by gixxerbill)

MCASSgt New River

Honestly I am buying mine becasue 1. the guys who host the matches where I shoot sell them and 2. because I made some money selling trusts last year through my business I decided that in order to sell more trusts I needed to test them myself and 3. We are not allowed to own SBR or SBS or MG so a 22 suppressor was an easy and cheap choice and at this point I have 3 or 4 more guns with threaded barrels so we will see what happens.

My hearing is vey sensitive from being in the USAF, so I want to protect whats left of my hearing. Plus I always wanted to experiment, and build my own Can. Got to get a Form 1 sent off to get started.

Suppressors just became legal in MO about a year and a half ago, so I've been drooling over one since then. Looking at an SWR to put on my Ruger customized 10/22. Just because I can!

What, I can't hear ya. Seriously, my ears RING like hell all the time, and my hearing ain't the best, so it just made sense to me to buy some, that and the noise the guns make when we shoot from the back deck. Now, everything I have sounds like a 22lr going off. I threaded my AK74 a few weeks ago and it's even nicer to shoot now, even if it does throw the shells up on the roof when shooting from the deck. Also, subsonic rounds are pretty fun too, the feral cats and dogs never hear it coming when they are digging in the trash or tearing up the yard. I think that suppressors shouldn't even be taxed and should be as available as firearms are, but if wishes where horses, we'd all be riders.

1. So I can go without hearing protection while shooting
  2. Potential to increase accuracy, reduce flash, reduce recoil and reduce sound in one package
  3. The advantage of sonic camouflage in a SHTF urban environment appeals to me
  4. Pest eradication
  5. The cool factor of legally owning something that is constantly belittled as "un-necessary" in society and even in the gun community

the only reason im going through the motions to paperwork and build one is to shoot my damn .22 without disturbing the neighbors. this driving to go shoot stuff is seriously getting on my nerves....

the only reason im going through the motions to paperwork and build one is to shoot my damn .22 without disturbing the neighbors. this driving to go shoot stuff is seriously getting on my nerves....

Ben,

If you have access to a lathe and some bar stock I will take several close up pics of one of my suppressors to give you an idea of how the k-baffles look. I'm sure you have a good idea but hopfully I can give you a little extra inspiration. Let me know.

MCASSgt New River

• 4 weeks later...

Ben,

If you have access to a lathe and some bar stock I will take several close up pics of one of my suppressors to give you an idea of how the k-baffles look. I'm sure you have a good idea but hopfully I can give you a little extra inspiration. Let me know.

MCASSgt New River

although I might take you up on that, I was considering two routes, one of which is a fuel filter dressed up a bit. cool factor means about zilch to me, i just want to shoot and not disturb the neighbors, not drop hundreds on a stupid closed off pipe from a gunshop, AND stay legal. the tax stamp is enough of a rip-off, but seeing how i gottta pay that anyhow, why not just go cheap after that and spend ten bucks? im sure it will suit my needs and get me some laughs at the same time.

Ben,

MCASSgt New River

although I might take you up on that, I was considering two routes, one of which is a fuel filter dressed up a bit. cool factor means about zilch to me, i just want to shoot and not disturb the neighbors, not drop hundreds on a stupid closed off pipe from a gunshop, AND stay legal. the tax stamp is enough of a rip-off, but seeing how i gottta pay that anyhow, why not just go cheap after that and spend ten bucks? im sure it will suit my needs and get me some laughs at the same time.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/58472-econo-can-the-50-suppressor/page__p__554233__hl__%2Boil+%2Bfilter__fromsearch__1#entry554233