Video moments after accidental discharge

I've been looked at like I was crazy for checking the chamber on a gun every time I handle one. This is why.

I recently went to a shop where one of the workers muzzled me from a distance of 2ft; when I jumped out of the way he told me "Don't worry man, it's unloaded, lol." I've made a habit of not standing in front of any barrels thank you very much.

• Like 1

The gun shows that I've attended, a zip tie is on each gun to prevent the bolt/hammer/slide from being pulled back.

Also, every gun brought into the show is inspected by local police (working security) at the entrance.

A friend brought an AK to a show and a round was stuck on the carrier.

The cops who inspected the weapon found it and told him to take it outside to clear the round.

That one could have been deadly.

• Like 2

HOLY CRAP!!! I do pay attention sometimes just how many times firearms are pointed at me at a gunshow....I guess I really should be worried!!!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=720_1298998893

Not funny...

Great post Bean. I had to "advise" someone at the range today not to sweep... Almost had a "Depends" moment!

I've been looked at like I was crazy for checking the chamber on a gun every time I handle one. This is why.

I recently went to a shop where one of the workers muzzled me from a distance of 2ft; when I jumped out of the way he told me "Don't worry man, it's unloaded, lol." I've made a habit of not standing in front of any barrels thank you very much.

I had the same thing happen to me at a gun store and the clerk said "don't worry its not loaded". You would think some one working at a gun store would be right up on the rules of gun safety and enforce them.

speaking of irresponsible handling of firearms, a few years ago, my friend was holding my 500 series mossberg 12 gauge. he wanted to pull the action back, but i had already done so, and the action was locked shut. i tried to explain to him how to unlock it, and without thinking, he pulls the trigger, while the shotgun was pointed at me. later the same friend was holding my glock 30. he decided to pull the action back, and didnt realize he had chambered a round. fortunately, i saw him do that, and i took the pistol away from him before he carelessly pulled the trigger.

i suppose theres a lesson here...

speaking of irresponsible handling of firearms, a few years ago, my friend was holding my 500 series mossberg 12 gauge. he wanted to pull the action back, but i had already done so, and the action was locked shut. i tried to explain to him how to unlock it, and without thinking, he pulls the trigger, while the shotgun was pointed at me. later the same friend was holding my glock 30. he decided to pull the action back, and didnt realize he had chambered a round. fortunately, i saw him do that, and i took the pistol away from him before he carelessly pulled the trigger.

Yeah its sometimes a good friend needs a good smack in the face.

• Like 1

Yeah its sometimes a good friend needs a good smack in the face.

well, i was thinking more along the lines of not letting him anywhere near any of my guns, but i guess smacking him would be ok too. i mean, he did point my shotgun at me and pull the trigger

Edited by Cali_Armz
  • Like 1

As a kid, I lost my top two front teeth to a "friend" that wanted to show me his BB gun. He tipped it back and forth, no rolling BBs sound. He cocked it and pointed at my face and said, "Smile". I did and there went the teeth, blood everywhere. We never found the BB. I'm just glad it wasn't a Shotgun with 00buck.

Since then, anyone that's pointed a gun at me, has had a tendancy to end up on the ground. Including a Walmat clerk who didn't know better.

Good post.

• Like 2

HOLY CRAP!!! I do pay attention sometimes just how many times firearms are pointed at me at a gunshow....I guess I really should be worried!!!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=720_1298998893

Not funny...

Great post Bean. I had to "advise" someone at the range today not to sweep... Almost had a "Depends" moment!

Well ya know, I think its a mindset you have to have. You have to worry about it constantly, and if your mind isn't trained to worry about the muzzle of a firearm at all times, even in a Friends hands then...you need either more training or more experience.

As a kid, I lost my top two front teeth to a "friend" that wanted to show me his BB gun. He tipped it back and forth, no rolling BBs sound. He cocked it and pointed at my face and said, "Smile". I did and there went the teeth, blood everywhere. We never found the BB. I'm just glad it wasn't a Shotgun with 00buck.

Since then, anyone that's pointed a gun at me, has had a tendancy to end up on the ground. Including a Walmat clerk who didn't know better.

Good post.

I wonder what your friend is up to these day BP?? I just wonder if your two front teeth taught him a lesson for life!! I bet he NEVER made that mistake again.

Good post.

thats a hell of a story man. im glad he didnt hit your eye.

It is never an "accident". . . it is always negligent.

:rolleyes:

Yup! A lot of these dealers think they really know their shit and their trailer load of weapons do not need inspection before entering the building of the show. This shows how careful they are. I watch my back even in a shop when dumbasses are finger fucking weapons let alone shows. My son was dating a girl a while back whose Mom worked at a local shop owned by her brother. She had a company truck which was covered in graphics for the shop and stored a loaded HK handgun in the glovebox which was promptly stolen when the truck was broken into. Duh! Goes to show you not all FFLs have their shit together!

most gun shows i've been to the vendors run a cable lock through the action so stuff like this doesn't happen. could have gone in a very bad direction.

I was at a gun show and a guy selling a revolver pointed it at the guy looking to buy it and I have never seen anyone disarm someone so fast...short of Steven Segal.

The look on the idiots face was priceless.

Vince @ msp fabrication

talk about being careless with a firearm... this guy directly points his full auto mac 11 at the cameraman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjbwcAbrHB4

*edit*

actually, i just realized the guy had his camera on a long pole, and so when the gun was being pointed directly into the camera lens, the guy operating the camera was not standing directly behind it. it had me worried for a minute

Edited by Cali_Armz

All of these stories are exactly why i ONLY shoot with people i trust with very few exceptions. I will gladly pass up shooting with "friends of friends." One of the guys i shoot with brought a friend one time. The guy was not being considerate of where he was pointing the barrel of 12g. Everytime the barrel got close to me i threw my left hand up, made a noise or comment and put my right hand on my 1911... If you want to point a barrel at me, I'm okay with that. But just understand that im going to point one right back at you, and im a pretty decent shot ;)

Edited by Madcow82

Im just glad that guy didnt get stabbed in the fucking face at 2:15! that would have been a huge embarrassment! i woulda chopped everyone to bits with that saber~ and I think if you look closely they are swinging their rifles exactly down the seams of the rows of seating as to not paint anyone! except the guy that was walking with the popcorn and sodas... that asshole almost fucking died! those guy's are slick though ;)