Quad rail systems

FWIW "aircraft" aluminum....:lolol:

As an aircraft mechanic I giggle because there is no such thing as "aircraft aluminum" we use all sorts of aluminum.

Sorry for the rant, and I can't help on the rails, I'm not a taticool kinda guy.

the best quad rail I have had in hand was the CHAOS system. period.

couple it with a DPH milled aluminum stock, and its tough to beat up.......literally....tougher than the gun, actually.....

• Like 1

the best quad rail I have had in hand was the CHAOS system. period.

couple it with a DPH milled aluminum stock, and its tough to beat up.......literally....tougher than the gun, actually.....

+1 for the Chaos. It is well built, and tough.. all rail systems add too much weight up front, IMO; so I wont't use them, unless plenty of weight is added to the rear to counter the balance. An aluminium stock sounds like the ticket! But they are much better quality than UTG.

UTG/Leapers is for airsoft, in my opinion. I actually do like the style of a lot of their stuff, but the material they use is ridiculously soft. I bought one of their forward rail systems for my M1A SOCOM. It wouldn't hold zero, the screws were soft, and after 40 or so rounds of .308, the VFG I was using tore mightly into the teeth on the rail. Another 40 or 50 rounds, and I'd have expected that tooth to break off. I sent it back to Midway and got my money back.

Get a Chaos rail.

I got a tri-rail...cant remember the name but it

was heavyer than my now chaos extended 4 rail.

The over all look is nice and it is light.

I haven't had any issues with toughness.

But the next time I do more than shoot my

S12 at a stand..i.e.(combat) I'll let you know.

chaos is awesome, but spendy. go with the UTG quad rail, you wont be disappointed.

Well, I was pretty disappointed in the UTG quad rail (and the vertical grip and some other suchlike)....in fact, it's lying in a spares box somewhere around here, after several attempts, first, to install it without stripping out screws, and secondly, to learn to like it. Now, I just use the OEM forearm with a light attached to the barrel. That's all I need. After all, its a shotgun.

As to LEAPERS brand I have no use for them, although my experience with such was a couple of years ago. Could be they are improved by this time, and I'm not a guy who follows the crowd, the fad, and the current 'best' idea. I don't want expensive, I want 'it works'. However, I guess in my case, with Leapers, it's once burned, twice shy, so I give them a pass.

Some day when I'm rich and famous, I WILL have a Chaos, but for now I went with this:

Thats the UTG at a decent price. I'm not sure if the whole kit is there though, they should come with two different length top rails and a set of trail covers. My only complaint with it so far is the longer top rail (which looks like the one in the picture) is too long an unsupported and has a bit of wobble to it. Since its not too usefull otherwise I was planning on cutting my longer top rail to a custom short rail.

Dph also has what appears to be the UTG quad for $60. Seems OK, but the Chaos quad is only $100 right now. I need to get one or the other, its really uncomfortable to shoot with an MD20 without a vert. grip.

My thoughts exactly. I was having a hell of a time debating on which quad to get (UTG :unsure: Chaos) and after doing some more reading on the chaos, I went over to Cameron's page and almost shit my pants when I seen it was down to $100. :eek: Forked over the cash.... I can't wait!!

Now I just need a good front grip to avoid my MD 20 "chicken wing" :ded:

I'm also thinking about getting something similar to this.post-25529-0-84141700-1299906876_thumb.jpg

I'll post some pics after I get everything assembled (If I can ever stop buying parts long enough to afford a camera that is).

I swear this place is like crack (Makes me spend all my damn money, and I don't get nearly enough sleep) :bad_smile:

Dph also has what appears to be the UTG quad for $60. Seems OK, but the Chaos quad is only $100 right now. I need to get one or the other, its really uncomfortable to shoot with an MD20 without a vert. grip.

My thoughts exactly. I was having a hell of a time debating on which quad to get (UTG :unsure: Chaos) and after doing some more reading on the chaos, I went over to Cameron's page and almost shit my pants when I seen it was down to $100. :eek: Forked over the cash.... I can't wait!!

I've got the UTG HG-SG12 on order off eBay for $80, I hope it's nice!!

Now I just need a good front grip to avoid my MD 20 "chicken wing" :ded:

I ordered a UTG Ambidextrous Vertical Foregrip for like $18 and just got it, verry nice, I'd recommend getting one!

post-22575-0-43399700-1300264451_thumb.jpg

I'm also thinking about getting something similar to this.

post-22575-0-52539700-1300264606_thumb.jpg

Ok, I need one of those! attaching my vertical grip on the bottom might be weird and holding it sideways creates unbalanced support...where do I get one!?!?!?

I'll post some pics after I get everything assembled (If I can ever stop buying parts long enough to afford a camera that is).

I swear this place is like crack (Makes me spend all my damn money, and I don't get nearly enough sleep) :bad_smile:

Amen, brother! I cant wait to show off my setup when I'm finished. I'll upload work in progress ones too.

I'm also thinking about getting something similar to this.post-22575-0-52539700-1300264606_thumb.jpg
Ok, I need one of those! attaching my vertical grip on the bottom might be weird and holding it sideways creates unbalanced support...where do I get one!?!?!?

I found this one at Midway, but you might want to wait until you get everything together before you buy one. I found I didn't need it after I converted mine.

Anyway, I Finally got everything assembled on the chaos rail and it's a VERY solid platform. :super:

Pics coming soon!