No S12's to buy at a reasonable price.

Well its been a frustrating few days I have cash in hand and cant find a S12...well at least I cant find one thats not a ripp off. I found plenty for $799 on gunbroker and elsewhere but Iam sorry to say the S12 in stock configuration is no where near worth $800. Guess I will be buying a Mossberg 590A1 pump instead.

Well its been a frustrating few days I have cash in hand and cant find a S12...well at least I cant find one thats not a ripp off. I found plenty for $799 on gunbroker and elsewhere but Iam sorry to say the S12 in stock configuration is no where near worth $800. Guess I will be buying a Mossberg 590A1 pump instead.

One of my local dealers has some on order, and says they should arrive this coming week. Prices will be somewhat, but not much, less than $600. I greased their palms by buying a WASR AK47, and for good measure, tipped the salesman while pleading, "PLEASE call me the moment an S12 hits the door".

Naturally, I realized I should possess a second S12 several months ago, and just as naturally, I put it off until that momentous day when all S12's suddenly increased in price, if not in value....but such is my life.

edited for stupid mispellings....but again, such is my life.

Edited by PJJ

Atlanstic doesnt have any, and they told me over the phone that they have no idea when they might get some.

Its hard to find a S-12 on GunBroker for undre 800 and alof of the 100% stock S-12's are even selling for close to $900 in the auctions.

When K-Var had their last recent batch for under $600 I was going to buy two... then of course they sold-out in less than two days (a day before I had my $$$ ready; man I was bummed)

Finally I searched around and found a classidied Ad on AR15.com ...some company I never heard of said they had a few @$750. I just went ahead and bit the bullet on one... figured if they ever come around cheap again then I'll buy another.

My senses tell me that even if a big batch gets imported again... price won't be down @ $500 again (but thats pure speculation on my part). I hope I'm wrong, but even if they're selling at $600 I'd probably get another one if I had the $$$

i have 4 s12s..paid $700 for one(local gunshop before i knew what was up)$480 for the other one(another local shop...but i knew what was up)$550 for the third(just wanted it) and the last was from KVAR for $600, and that was last week..

I hope more get imported so my douche friends stop trying to buy one off me..they dont get it..NOT FOR SALE!! lol

i have 4 s12s..paid $700 for one(local gunshop before i knew what was up)$480 for the other one(another local shop...but i knew what was up)$550 for the third(just wanted it) and the last was from KVAR for $600, and that was last week..

I hope more get imported so my douche friends stop trying to buy one off me..they dont get it..NOT FOR SALE!! lol

When were we invaded??:killer:

Remember the ammo scare when Barrack HUSSEIN Obama was elected??? You could find a box of bullets??? Same thing here, everyone is shitting their britches. Give it a year and and the S-12 will be back in stock and the price will fall due the guns not moving same as the ammo in the present.

I don't usually do panic buying, but I got the BATF report the morning it was issued (I know it's a controversy, but I don't believe the BATF issues importation "studies" for no particular reason, or because they're worried about guns with piccatinny rails - anyway, that's a different discussion). I went out and bought a couple immediately after I read it, before the locals heard about it and had a chance to jack up their prices. That was a few weeks ago, and I went back over to the gunshop where I purchased my Saigas yesterday. I don't usually go to gunshops, but I needed to look for an AK grip screw for my conversion. While I was there, a guy came to the counter to ask for a Saiga 12. The clerk (who wasn't the guy I dealt with when I purchased) told him to forget it: "We had two here one day when all this started, but before we got wind of what was happening some guy called and asked if we had any. Charlie said "yes", and the guy was here within 20 minutes and bought 'em both on the spot. We've tried like hell, but we haven't been able to get another one since".

Hopefully I'm wrong about the BATF report. If I'm not though, my guess is that at some point there will be a US-manufactured version of the S12 which will be available, but it'll probably still sell in the $700+ range. IMO the days of the cheap S12 are probably over, but look at it this way; the gun has always been undervalued on the marketplace anyway. $500 or less for a box-fed semi-auto shotgun? C'mon, that's awfully cheap. People don't want to pay more than $650+ now, but that is mostly because they're accustomed to seeing it sell for less.

Edited by Mr. Scratch

Don't bother with the mossburg unless that is really what you want. This happens to S12s at least once a year. Just hold out and in 6 months you'll be able to get one from a number of sources.

One of my local shops said they stopped importing them 3 weeks ago, and another shop said he couldnt get any and probably wouldnt be able too cause the BATF was blocking the "stamp" of approval for more imports. I Also called Atlantic and they told me they had no idea if/when they might get some because the BATF was causing blockages. The one place I called who had any type of positive info was Mississippi Auto Arms ...fella on the phone says he think there will be a batch in a month or so and prices will come down.