• 1 month later...

A 1911 from redjacket sounds great. Did you notice they only use the saiga's as a platform for most of there builds?

You don't have a 1911 yet?? Shame on you, your missing out on one of the best auto's there ever was. I like my CZ85DB and the CZ line of pistols too but the 1911's are awesome too.

After owning three bad brand new 1911's in the 70's, 80's and 90's the last 1911 for me was going to be a used norinco. The norinco showed me what all the 1911 hype is all about. I soon after went out and purchased a brand new Auto-ordnance army WW2 copy 1911a1 in 2005. Its been flawless right out of the box for well over 500rds+ now too. At the sametime i purchased a brand new in '05 a Springfield armory G.I. Mil-Spec 1911 and i just shot it after all this time and its been awesome right out of the box too. I don't know why but the label on the green plastic box says G.I. Mil-Spec. It seems my curse of the 3 bad 1911's is broken now.

I been reworking my norinco 1911a1 and so far she shoots one clover leaf per mag even with a loose slide to frame fit. I can't beat my orginal $300 investment for a well used norinco. I did install a $59 new barrel and full length guide rod kit w/18# recoil spring from sportsmans guide and a national match IAI barrel bushing $12 and the IAI full wrap around rubber grips $9 from CDNN. I also ramped the disconnector slot on the bottom of the slide. Right now it cycles much faster and smoother too. I started off with all the wilson combat dvd's and the Jerry K 1911 shop manual and his armorers VHS to learn everything i can about the 1911's. Little by little i been buying up all the tools to work on the 1911's too. I had one new 1911 that stove piped for many years and i fixed it by tuning the extractor. There not that hard to work on and make improvements. I figure if i'm going to own them and run them i better know how to repair them when something goes wrong with them. UNKN

BTW; The most fun is tweeking my norinco and seeing the success i'm making with it. I fitted the new barrel to the national match barrel bushing and its accurate with 100% lock up with no barrel spring in either direction. I'm no 1911 guru nor will ever be one but i can work on my own 1911's with success.

Edited by Unknown Poster

A 1911 from redjacket sounds great. Did you notice they only use the saiga's as a platform for most of there builds?

You don't have a 1911 yet?? Shame on you, your missing out on one of the best auto's there ever was. I like my CZ85DB and the CZ line of pistols too but the 1911's are awesome too.

After owning three bad brand new 1911's in the 70's, 80's and 90's the last 1911 for me was going to be a used norinco. The norinco showed me what all the 1911 hype is all about. I soon after went out and purchased a brand new Auto-ordnance army WW2 copy 1911a1 in 2005. Its been flawless right out of the box for well over 500rds+ now too. At the sametime i purchased a brand new in '05 a Springfield armory G.I. Mil-Spec 1911 and i just shot it after all this time and its been awesome right out of the box too. I don't know why but the label on the green plastic box says G.I. Mil-Spec. It seems my curse of the 3 bad 1911's is broken now.

I been reworking my norinco 1911a1 and so far she shoots one clover leaf per mag even with a loose slide to frame fit. I can't beat my orginal $300 investment for a well used norinco. I did install a $59 new barrel and full length guide rod kit w/18# recoil spring from sportsmans guide and a national match IAI barrel bushing $12 and the IAI full wrap around rubber grips $9 from CDNN. I also ramped the disconnector slot on the bottom of the slide. Right now it cycles much faster and smoother too. I started off with all the wilson combat dvd's and the Jerry K 1911 shop manual and his armorers VHS to learn everything i can about the 1911's. Little by little i been buying up all the tools to work on the 1911's too. I had one new 1911 that stove piped for many years and i fixed it by tuning the extractor. There not that hard to work on and make improvements. I figure if i'm going to own them and run them i better know how to repair them when something goes wrong with them. UNKN

BTW; The most fun is tweeking my norinco and seeing the success i'm making with it. I fitted the new barrel to the national match barrel bushing and its accurate with 100% lock up with no barrel spring in either direction. I'm no 1911 guru nor will ever be one but i can work on my own 1911's with success.

Norinco's are made of 5100 grade steel, but other 45's are made of 4120 grade. A Norinco 1911 will last forever if you change out a couple of parts. I love mine.

post-27155-0-82098300-1307326365_thumb.jpg

Have to wait and see who's / what components they use or if they do it in house. Other than that, how it's all fitted together that's were it's either a good or a great 1911.

I think I have one great 1911 and a couple of real good ones. Doesn't matter in a way all of them can shoot better groups than I can shoot them.:lolol:

Edited by 20-Mags

A Norinco 1911 is a great starting platform for a really good shooter. You upgrade the internals and wind up with an excellent gun.

Les Baer used Norinco's as a base for the custom 1911's before that fag Bill Clinton banned them from importation. I hate that draft dodger and his bitch wife.

Edited by ARMOR
  • Like 5

Years ago I got cussed by a gunsmith that I had taken a Norinco slide to for getting some dovetails cut to put better sights on. It was the hardest metal he had ever come across and broke or dulled every cutter he touched it with.

Years ago I got cussed by a gunsmith that I had taken a Norinco slide to for getting some dovetails cut to put better sights on. It was the hardest metal he had ever come across and broke or dulled every cutter he touched it with.

LMAO. Me too!

LMAO. Me too!

Took a Norinco SKS to my 'smith to have the front sight post/bayo lug removed and he broke everything he tried to use to remove the damned thing. Needless to say, I'm still using iron sights...

I guess they really make their stuff to last!

should have the prototype up within a couple more weeks . We'll post pic's , spec's , price , all that .

If you made a pistol like the new Ruger SR1911 with a rail in front of the trigger guard. It would a 1911 owners dream, in my opinion.

ours will be std , full size 1911's i .45 acp . That first , then we'll look at the "Tony" level pistols :)

Thank you. I collect 45's. I think I told you this before though?

HART SYSTEMS

how in the hell are you going to do a 7 inch in 10mm "Tony Rumore Special"? the pressures are so far out there on the 10mm, it pushes the frame to the limit with the regular length barrels. that would be impressive, to say the least. hell, totally "Tony" it, and make one in select fire.

...then all you need is a damn buttstock, and you have a rifle..... :)

how in the hell are you going to do a 7 inch in 10mm "Tony Rumore Special"? the pressures are so far out there on the 10mm, it pushes the frame to the limit with the regular length barrels. that would be impressive, to say the least. hell, totally "Tony" it, and make one in select fire.

...then all you need is a damn buttstock, and you have a rifle..... :)

I'd port the last two inches of the barrel and top slide to bleed off the pressure then.

I had this done to a regular 1911 to control muzzle flip, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work to drop 10mm pressure levels.

I'm willing to do some R and D work on it when I finish the project I'm working on now. I think I know someone who can make me a 10mm barrel?

Damn, I just sold my underfolding 1911 shoulder stock. Lol!

100_0969.jpg

Edited by ARMOR

Here's to hoping it's around the price of the new Ruger 1911. I've been leaning towards that as my first dip into the 1911 world, due to the price and (so far) great reviews. If it is similarly priced, I'd love an RJ 1911. :super:

Basic's of the Red Jacket 1911 specs are as follows: 100% American made parts. STI forged carbon steel frame, made in Texas. All models are .45acp 5" government length with ramped barrel. Low profile carry sights with the option of night sights. Our goal is the best 1911 on the market . Prices will reflect final production cost at time of release but will range in the 1500 to 2000 range depending on model and options . Should have pic's and full details next week or so .

• Like 1

I'm glad you're having fun working on your Norinco 1911 copy.

I prefer to buy a Springfield Armory 1911 and it needed nothing. Worked perfectly out of the box.

To each his own.

Basic's of the Red Jacket 1911 specs are as follows: 100% American made parts. STI forged carbon steel frame, made in Texas. All models are .45acp 5" government length with ramped barrel. Low profile carry sights with the option of night sights. Our goal is the best 1911 on the market . Prices will reflect final production cost at time of release but will range in the 1500 to 2000 range depending on model and options . Should have pic's and full details next week or so .

That's a long time, :cryss: you getting old. :lolol: Be 5 to 10 pages here by then. :smoke:

I'm glad you're having fun working on your Norinco 1911 copy.

I prefer to buy a Springfield Armory 1911 and it needed nothing. Worked perfectly out of the box.

To each his own.

That's nice, I decided to go with a Colt... :haha: