Who makes the cheapest 2 round mags?

I like to shoot sporting clays at a local shooting range in the Dallas area. I have used my converted S12 once for a few stands until one of the range officers noticed I was using 5 round mags. He made me take it back to my vehicle because it wasn't long enough (min. 21") and uses hi-cap mags. I tried it again yesterday and they made me put it away again.

I've installed a flash hider (though it doesn't make the total length exactly 21") and I need to find some cheap 2 round mags so that these suckers have no complaints next time I go out there.

So who makes the cheapest 2 round mags?

CSS has them but they're $30. I don't really want to pay $30 for a 2 round mag if I don't absolutely have to.

Any clues?

It sure would be nice of the company that made the 5rd K-S.com mags would make some 2 rdr's crazy cheap.... I need to get some at some point so I can go dove hunting :smoke: Freak people out :lolol:

Maybe you should try and find the plugs they put in the 5 rdr's? cheaper then a whole new mag...

I like to shoot sporting clays at a local shooting range in the Dallas area. I have used my converted S12 once for a few stands until one of the range officers noticed I was using 5 round mags. He made me take it back to my vehicle because it wasn't long enough (min. 21") and uses hi-cap mags. I tried it again yesterday and they made me put it away again.

I've installed a flash hider (though it doesn't make the total length exactly 21") and I need to find some cheap 2 round mags so that these suckers have no complaints next time I go out there.

CSS has them but they're $30. I don't really want to pay $30 for a 2 round mag if I don't absolutely have to.

Any clues?

Let me guess... Elmfork? Try Garland. They seem more relaxed about the size.

I had the same mag problem at my local range css sells them but I ended up clipping and pinning a 10 round promag that would jam at 5 rounds. Put 2 rounds in and see where the bottom of the follower is. Drill a hole directly beneath the follower through the housing and throw a POP rivet in it. Perfectly legal and you can sometimes get the 5 and 10 rounders cheaper then the 2

I very much doubt that a flash hider is going to assuage their concerns, by the way. Skeet/trap/etc ranges tend to be extremely conservative in what shotguns they allow for some reason.

You may be right but they do allow "turkey" guns that have pistol grips to be used on the sporting clay range so I have them there. The flash hider makes the gun a little over 20.5" Unless they have a tape measure they can't tell if it's under 21" or not. The last issue is the magazine. They know what a 5 round mag looks like and they won't allow it. So the 2 rounder is the last step.

Then again, I'm sure they will still probably come up with some BS reason on why I can't shoot it even though I have complied with everything they say, who knows.

Any clues?

Let me guess... Elmfork? Try Garland. They seem more relaxed about the size.

Bingo!

Any clues?

just block your mag where it only accepts 2 shells. if blocking a mag is good enough for federal regulation on migrant bird hunting, it should be good for these range nazis.

either that, or find a non nazi runned range.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

If you're bound and determined to shoot at this range, I'd stuff a block of wood under the follower of a 5-rounder, limiting it to 2 rounds. When they bitch, because they will, hand the magazine to the Range Officer and ask him to load 3 rounds in it.

*Politely* remind them that Mossberg 500s come from the factory with a 5-round magazine, plugged to 2+1, which is exactly what your mag is.

Assuming they still kick you off the range, go find a range that isn't inhabited by more assholes than mouths.