• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This week I did something crazy, I sold off my HK USP .45 and HK 45c. I had the USP for years and it was a great handgun, I had close to 3000 rounds through it, never one problem. The HK45c I just bou

I have a few Glocks and a couple Walther P22s. Guys with M&Ps and XDs are always telling me how great their shit is and how much better it is than a Glock, blah, blah, blah. Fuck all that bullshit

Screw American Express! Don't leave home without my G20....        

Posted Images

This week I did something crazy, I sold off my HK USP .45 and HK 45c. I had the USP for years and it was a great handgun, I had close to 3000 rounds through it, never one problem. The HK45c I just bought 2 weeks ago, great gun but the grip was too slippery and after 50 rounds the right hand slide release became loose and would rattle loudly, kinda pissed me off for a $1000 handgun. I sold it for 100 less than what I paid for it. Plus, the triggers really suck on them which would be my only real complaint.

So, after much thought Ive decided to keep it simple and go back to Glock. Ive owned a couple before so I knew what I was getting into. I wanted to get away from the da/sa and go with striker fired again. I shoot Glocks naturally better than any other gun, it just points good for me and I feel almost surgical with them.

For what I got for my 2 HKs, I picked up 2 Glocks, 400 rounds of ammo and 4 extra mags. Im a .45 kind of guy so I went with the 21sf for home and the 30sf for carry. Got them home, cleaned them and went to the range, 200 rounds each. 100 were WWB and the other 100 was American Eagle, both 230g ball. My fav.

First up was the 21sf. 50 rounds of slow, aimed shots at 10 yards, then 20 doing the same at 25 yards. The next 130 rounds I went through a couple fast point shooting drills at distances from 3 to 15 yards including a full mag of rapid fire just for fun.

The gun preformed as expected and I did really good with it.

I went through the same routine with the 30sf and had pretty much the same results.

Ive carried the 30sf a couple days now (loaded) and even though its a lil chunky, it hides well. I think Im going to order a crossbreed for them as well as a really good OWB holster, hopefully both will fit one.

I love these Austrian guns.

In fact, I love Austria! I lived there for close to 5 years and loved every focking min of it. I even had the coat of arms tatted on my leg because it has a special place in my heart.

well my friend, ive said it before, and i will say it again, sometimes you just have to have a glock. i love HK weapons. dont get me wrong. but to me, honestly, i think they may be a tad overrated. as far as price goes. i had a p200 and a usp. i loved the p2000 but i didnt like the pricetag of either. neither of the weapons performed any better, nor gave me any tactical advatange than i had when i carry my glock. i love the HK ergonomics, especially with the HK45, but i hate the limit on the capacity of the magazine. i own a FNP 45 and i must say that, while not as ergonomic as the HK45, its just as good, if not better on all other aspects. i dont care about finish, or shit like that. i care about performance. and that pistol performs well. i carry a glock 23 rtf with the 22 rd. mags. i love it. i wouldnt trade it for shit. but my FN is kick ass too. 3-15 rd. mags from the factory, great warranty, total reliability with great accuracy to boot. def. on par with the HK 45 but at a fraction of the price. i love glocks too man. and i like HK but i had to let mine go cuz i could attain the same shit with cheaper priced weapons with the same, if not better reliability.

glad you went back to your roots man. i did the same. now if i had a HK MK23 id hang on to that.......

I like my G 26 and will probably add a g17 or g22 with conversion barrel to go with it one day.

My favorite hand gun is my LCP. I carry an extra 10 round mag with laser, grip extension and pachmayr grip. At self defense ranges with laser I will put bullets in bullet holes. With factory sights I do just as well as my G 26

I have a few Glocks and a couple Walther P22s. Guys with M&Ps and XDs are always telling me how great their shit is and how much better it is than a Glock, blah, blah, blah. Fuck all that bullshit....

• Like 3

I just got my 2nd 21SF.

I really wanted one with night sights and this was a great deal.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=236173959

I was eyeing that bad boy last night. Congrats on winning it.

MO, it seems like half this forum doesn't leave home with out some 10mm nearby.

I have a few Glocks and a couple Walther P22s. Guys with M&Ps and XDs are always telling me how great their shit is and how much better it is than a Glock, blah, blah, blah. Fuck all that bullshit....

those guns are good, but i wouldnt trade my glock for either.

Next two pistols on my list are the G29 and a Sig P220. I wish Sig made an internal striker, and something in 10mm.

i love sig. i have a p226 in .40 and its sweet. but i still carry my glock daily. :smoke:

+1

I hear good things about XD's and M&P's, but nothing about them is going to make me switch from Glock. I've handled a few XD's and M&P's (granted, I didn't shoot them) and they felt pretty good. But I've become accustomed to Glocks in the relatively short period I've owned them (just under 1 year), and love everything about them.

Slightly off topic:

I'm all about function over aesthetics, but people say Glocks are ugly??? XD's are 42 times uglier than Glocks. Just sayin'. :lolol:

• Like 2

I was eyeing that bad boy last night. Congrats on winning it.

MO, it seems like half this forum doesn't leave home with out some 10mm nearby.

Between crackheads and critters, it's the best choice!

I agree. I pack my G20 everywhere.

As promised: My G19 with Austrian Proof Marks. Next thing to buy for it is an IWB holster. I've thought about a Joshua Covert from OST, or a Glock Clipdraw and negate the need for a holster altogether. Any recommendations?

post-20765-0-93541600-1309815113_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin in Texas

Cool thread! I'm glad to see so many other Glock fans on the site. :super:

I've owned a G21 and a G30 over the last ~10 years, both with factory night sights. I decided to go with Glocks once I'd determined that the 1911 design, (while classic and generally effective), was overly-complex and outdated at this point. Even the Colt 1911A1 Stainless custom model, (pretty nice 1911 by most any standard, and it sure wasn't cheap), I had would occasionally jam for various reasons.

I never had a similar issue with my Glocks. Their function was beautiful, and I was particularly impressed with the low recoil and accuracy of the G30. I sold em when I decided I wanted more long guns instead.

Now, it's time for another. I've got a brand-new G20 SF due to arrive at the end of the week. This one will use contrasting Trijicon night sights, (since the factory won't offer their ns models to civilians anymore :huh: ). I love the .45 ACP, but after trying a friend's G20 a few months ago, I knew I had to have a 10mm. That's one effective fuckin cartridge. I'm sure I'll buy another G30, (and maybe a G19), down the road at some point, but I generally prefer to spend my gun $ on various long guns and just have a few pistols at any given time.

ymmv.

Once the new G20 arrives, I'll post some pics! Really lookin forward to this one :killer:

Edited by post-apocalyptic

If you go Clipdraw, you might wanna find an option to cover the trigger, or go Israeli. Try Crossbreed Supertuck or Comp-Tac MTAC.

+1 on the Crossbreed and MTAC. You'll hear rave reviews about both of them, if you read around. I have a horsehide Crossbreed and love it. The one definite advantage with the MTAC is that you can buy different "shells" for different guns, and use the same leather. I wish you could do that with Crossbreeds. The one I have now is for my G19 and 23. But I plan on picking up a G30 soon, and it would be cool to be able to slap a different shell onto my leather and not have to buy a whole 'nother holster.

A buddy tried my Crossbreed for a few days and ended up ordering one for himself. He now uses it for work, and has gotten a few of his co-workers to get them.

You can't go wrong with either, IMO. If you do decide to go that route, MidwayUSA carries Crossbreeds now (and maybe even MTAC's, I'm not sure). It beats the long wait you have when ordering direct. I caught the horsehide model I wanted, in stock and received it in a few days. My buddy had to order direct, and had to wait something like 5-6 weeks, I believe.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the G20 SF about a week ago. I ended up going with all green Trijicon night sights. Aside from those and the Hogue grip sleeve, she's stock. I also plan to replace the trigger.. 5.5lbs is a bit much imo.

g201.jpg

g202.jpg

g203.jpg

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

I really like my 19, 21 and 22. I am thinking about a 23 or 30 next

You skipped right over 20! You can't buy any of the higher numbered models till you go back and correct that oversight. ^_^

DOH! you're right. I need to get that fixed, but that 10mm ammo is getting pretty hard to find.

I really like my 19, 21 and 22. I am thinking about a 23 or 30 next

You skipped right over 20! You can't buy any of the higher numbered models till you go back and correct that oversight. ^_^

DOH! you're right. I need to get that fixed, but that 10mm ammo is getting pretty hard to find.

Not really. Besides, 10mm auto is worth reloading for. ;)

• 1 month later...

My modest but growing collection of Glocks,

From Left to right - G26/22LR Conversion / G17 / G17L / G30SF / G21SF / G21SF.

Glocks.jpg

I have a G20SF on order :)

i cant help but get all wide eyed looking at this. ive loved glocks from the very second i knew what they were.

"Glock Love" as opposed to "Glock Perverted Lust"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2GM0KRHRME

I would make the sex with this gun, love just pure unadulterated love for the FA Glock.

I concur.

Check out this vid. It's not FA, but he's using a bump-fire technique I've never seen. That is, assuming the guy with the comment about how the shooters' doing it is correct. If you look at his fingers, it seems he is indeed doing what is described.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgoQ_7T47ig

I think if you double-click on the video, it brings you to the YouTube page so you can see the comments. Gonna have to try this technique next time I'm at the range.

• Like 1

"Glock Love" as opposed to "Glock Perverted Lust"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2GM0KRHRME

I would make the sex with this gun, love just pure unadulterated love for the FA Glock.

I concur.

Check out this vid. It's not FA, but he's using a bump-fire technique I've never seen. That is, assuming the guy with the comment about how the shooters' doing it is correct. If you look at his fingers, it seems he is indeed doing what is described.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgoQ_7T47ig

I think if you double-click on the video, it brings you to the YouTube page so you can see the comments. Gonna have to try this technique next time I'm at the range.

my god... thats impressive. i gotta learn how to do that