S12 Range Stories

Went to the range today with my S12. As I arrived, I overheard two guys in the lane next to me talking about the juiced up Remington 870 on the table loaded up with all sorts of aftermarket stuff. One of them was working hard to convince the other (the owner) to sell it to him offering a $1000 on the spot, but his response was simply "I love this gun. No way in hell I'll sell it."

I settled in, taped up my target on the runner and sent it out, loaded up a 10rd mag of sluggers and let 'em rip. After that, the two of them came over to my lane and just sort of started lurking. After my third mag, the owner of the 870 pardoned the interruption to inquire about the gun. I told him about it, explained that it is modified from the factory set up, etc. Both of their eyes sort of glazed over as they pondered the magnificence of a 12ga Kalashnikov, and when I told him about the MD20 (wish I had brought it with me!), I thought he was gonna stroke out right in front of me. He asked if he could put a few of his slugs through it, and of course I obliged.

After he dumped his first 10rd mag, he instantly turned to his shooting partner and said "The 870 is yours" .. only now his buddy had no interest.

I got a kick out of that.

I'm sure others have range stories about their S12's .. lets hear 'em!

• Like 2

First time i took mine to the range everyone stopped shooting as i pulled it out even the guys working the clay throwers were like holy shit I can't wait to see that thing shoot...... afte racking it back the first time an older guy I was shooting with said that sound reminds him of being back in Cambodia......... I'm sure there will be a few new saiga oweners after that trip

I have an iz 107 with the css muzzle shroud on it that looks like a big silencer, and the css AR-15 forearm. I was shooting at my local Izak Walton league and i had a random member come up and tell me i couldn't shoot a .50 cal at the range. I proceeded to point to the 12 gauge hulls on the floor. He just stared at the gun dumbfounded and turned white. Guess it really is a scarry black shotgun. Some of the members there have issues with tac style weapons if it aint fer huntin it ain't right type mentality. They wont let me shoot skeet with it either, though i think getting their clocks cleaned by that "Ivan Crap" irritated em a bit.

• Like 2

I have an iz 107 with the css muzzle shroud on it that looks like a big silencer, and the css AR-15 forearm. I was shooting at my local Izak Walton league and i had a random member come up and tell me i couldn't shoot a .50 cal at the range. I proceeded to point to the 12 gauge hulls on the floor. He just stared at the gun dumbfounded and turned white. Guess it really is a scarry black shotgun. Some of the members there have issues with tac style weapons if it aint fer huntin it ain't right type mentality. They wont let me shoot skeet with it either, though i think getting their clocks cleaned by that "Ivan Crap" irritated em a bit.

I love those type guys.

I challenge them to go shot for shot with me with their pumps...

...for some reason they always seem to walk away muttering something...

One guy called it a rattle-trap. I told him that I couldn't hear him over the sound of how awesome my gun was. :lolol:

• Like 5

One guy called it a rattle-trap. I told him that I couldn't hear him over the sound of how awesome my gun was. :lolol:

That's funny, right there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love those type guys.

I challenge them to go shot for shot with me with their pumps...

:lolol::cryss::lolol: :lolol:

I did something similar a few years ago. I took it to a department sight-shoot a few year ago an let a couple of range officers try it out. They both liked it and one of them has one (and is a member of the forum, by the way). As it stands, to the best of my knowledge, another deputy has one as well as an officer in a linked jurisdiction. When I showed it to the Sheriff, he asked me not to show it to the SWAT team, as they would all want one :lolol:

• Like 1

Went shooting yesterday. Took a couple of handguns and the S12. Had the Saiga wrapped up in a gun sock as I fired a couple of hundred rounds of 9MM from my G17 and about 50 .45ACP from my 1911. Nothing no one had not seen before. As soon as I slid the S12 out of the sock, People started looking down my way.

As soon as I ran 12 rounds of 00Buck out of the Promag drum, a couple of them walked over, looked at the shredded target and asked: "What the HELL kind of shotgun is that???" :lolol:

I told them what it was, how it was modified from stock and where to find out every thing you want to know about them (HERE!).

All would just stand and watch each time I ran a drum or mag through it and just laugh and shake their heads. All agreed it would make a fearsome home defense weapon. :super:

I shoot on a private range with a bunch of guys, a few who have lots of cash tied up in Class 3 stuff like beltfeds, subguns, etc. The first time I brought out my S12 after converting, I whipped it out and dumped a MD20 full of 00 and got a lot of ooohs and aaahs. A couple of them are shopping for S12s, another bought a professionally built .410 already.

When I showed it to the Sheriff, he asked me not to show it to the SWAT team, as they would all want one

I think the proper answer to that is "You know, even after all the modifications it's still cheaper than a stock Benelli, which they already all want."

point :super: