Too many people ask the same question of people who carry a firearm.

They're legal to own/carry, so until he uses them illegally/tries to impersonate a LEO, I could care less his reasons for carrying them.

Good Job!

• Like 1

I want to know why was he carrying handcuffs?

http://www.komonews..../127082543.html

Yakdung

I love seeing people utilizing citizens arrest. Had that Law abiding CCW holder not of been there, the suspect may have disappeared and never have been caught, only to repeat more crimes. I often carry handcuffs and I have used them several times. My wife's mom saw a kid spray painting a wall years ago and held the kid down on the ground while my wife called the cops. She received a $500 reward for it! AWESOME!027.gif

It was just a curious question. I never really thought about owning a pair, but there is a first for everything.

Yakdung

I like Peerless cuffs.000.gif

Ok. I'll check into it.

Thanks,

Yakdung

The most important thing about using handcuffs is knowing the law. In Nevada, I can detain for a felony if the alleged crime has been witnessed by someone or occurred in my presence. To arrest for a misdemeanor, a crime has to of been committed in my presence, but I can assist a citizen in an arrest if he/she has witnessed a misdemeanor. If it is a monetary crime, like purse snatching, the total value has to be $250 or more for a felony and $249.99 and less for misdemeanor. Two credit cards are considered a felony. If I arrest or detain someone and it is later determined that they didn't commit a crime then THEY can arrest me for kidnapping and if I do it while armed I could be detained and charged with felony kidnapping. You also have to know the difference between arrest and detaining! There is too much to know in regards of citizens arrest. Its best to not do it.

021.gif

I already EDC a, 4" XD9, flashlight, multitool & smartphone... I'm not adding the weight of handcuffs too. :rolleyes:

I'll just keep them in the PU truck.

Yakdung

Just carry some decent flex-cuffs. They're lighter and more compact than metal cuffs. Downside, obviously, is they're one time use... which is fine unless you're CA'ing people day in and out for some reason.

• Like 1

I already EDC a, 4" XD9, flashlight, multitool & smartphone... I'm not adding the weight of handcuffs too. :rolleyes:

Yakdung

Just carry some decent flex-cuffs. They're lighter and more compact than metal cuffs. Downside, obviously, is they're one time use... which is fine unless you're CA'ing people day in and out for some reason.

Great idea. I have a ton of super sized industrial strength pull ties already in my truck.

Thanks,

Yakdung

Yakdung

Great idea. I have a ton of super sized industrial strength pull ties already in my truck.

Thanks,

Yakdung

"Flexi-cuffs" are a good choice. They can be used for other purposes, too. I normally have a set of hand-cuffs in my car, unless I take them out for recreational purposes. :rolleyes:

"This guy did a great job"................. "but we don't recommend doing that".

The fact that these two statements exist in the same sentence says a lot about how fucked up our official approach to fighting crime is. Apparently it's our job to just be afraid and call 911. Defending ourselves and those around us is a God given natural instinct that has existed from the beginning of time, long before anyone ever heard of a police department. We don't just suppress that because it is decreed to be the "recommended procedure".

Edited by DogMan

We caught some kid trying to steal from a Uhaul we were loading. You know those rolls of Saran wrap to hold pads on couches?

They work great to tie a gangsta to a tree.

When I was in the Army there was a guy that was really annoying and kept getting us in trouble doing stupid shit. We mummified him in 100MPH tape head to toe, leaving only his eyes and nose exposed, then propped him in the corner for a few hours.

...he lost some skin and hair when our boss made us unwrap him, but it was still funny as hell!

We caught some kid trying to steal from a Uhaul we were loading. You know those rolls of Saran wrap to hold pads on couches?

They work great to tie a gangsta to a tree.

Pic or it didn't happen, lol

I wish I could have seen that.

I CCW for my own protection, not for anybody else, anybody with a clean record can get their own CCW permit and protect themslves. if I wanted to go around playing hero and detain/handcuff people doing crimes, I would join the police force.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

...so you'd turn away and not get involved. How responsible.

no, I would call 911. if I go in charging like the cavlary to the resue, and something happens, I would be open to a lawsuit either from the victim or victim's family, or from the criminal. and don't say, "oh, that wouldn't happen from the victim" people are fricken sue crazy, and I'm not about to go through court hell pay 10s of thousands of dollars in attorney fee, just because I wanted to play hero.

now if you feel like you have to get involved and charge in like john wayne in a situation, then fine, that's you.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

...so you'd turn away and not get involved. How responsible.

no, I would call 911. if I go in charging like the cavlary to the resue, and something happens, I would be open to a lawsuit either from the victim or victim's family, or from the criminal. and don't say, "oh, that wouldn't happen from the victim" people are fricken sue crazy, and I'm not about to go through court hell pay 10s of thousands of dollars in attorney fee, just because I wanted to play hero.

now if you feel like you have to get involved and charge in like john wayne in a situation, then fine, that's you.

So if a lady was getting raped and you just happened to wittiness it you would just stand there and call 911. What about an old lady getting mugged. I would give you the benefit of the doubt and say you would charge in like the calvary to stop a crime. Unless you were a chicken dick coward, of coarse. I can't just sit by and wait for someone else to do what I am fully capable of doing myself. It doesn't sit well with me to just sit on my hands and let people commit crimes without helping people. Cops can't be everywhere all the time and I don't need to be payed (like police are) for doing what I am convicted of anyway.

• Like 1

Yakdung

+1

I always keep a big zip tie handy. Good for all sorts of practical purposes but I could double them up around some dirtbag's wrists if I needed to.