That's a fat fistful of "Fuck Yeah". 027.gif

Best marketing idea a mainstream gun industry leader in a long time!

The repackaging of TAP-like ammo with zombies on the box are going to sell shit loads!

V-Max = Varmints

A-Max = Accuracy

Z-Max = Zombies

red_heart.gif

Just wondering what the legal implications for using this for self defense is gonna be after reading their disclaimer.

• Like 2

Take my money, please.

I have to have a couple of boxes of this, just for kicks...and you know, just in case.

I couldn't find what the load was on the 12 gauge. Any body know?

Its 2 3/4" with 00, I would guess a 9 pellet load. Not much other information available on any of the Z-max line. The 12 gauge hull looks awesome too.

Just wondering what the legal implications for using this for self defense is gonna be after reading their disclaimer.

This is the first thing that crossed my mind, It specifically says "not to be used against humans" so I would hate to see what a prosecutor would do with that.

Unless this stuff is super cheap for plinking(which I doubt) I probably wont be shooting any of it. I just dont get the whole zombie thing,unsure.png nothing against those who are into that stuff but its just not my thing. I will stick to the bullets made for killing REAL things and cheap bullets for plinking. Indeed a good marketing Idea though, they'll defiantly sell some ammo this way.

"No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition." I think it would have been easier on their legal department to say that it could effectively be used for hunting... seems kind of a weird angle to sell something lethal. Cool as hell, but I don't see it doing anything but causing the easily butthurt to be butthurt

• Like 1

Yeah, it is slightly off-color which is why I appreciate it!

I am assuming that it is repackaged TAP stuff with Zombie Green tips and hulls by the bullet weights and designs they are offering. I seriously doubt they would take the time to R&D a new design for this purpose and the insinuation is that it is effective because you don't see any zombies anywhere.

The legal issue for Hornady is that they could easily be sued by multiple gun hating groups saying they are perpetuating violence or targeting a minority or religious group by public insinuations that a group of people are "zombies" in some bigoted circles (think KKK or Black Panthers).

I am kind of feeling that this may be short-lived and that I need to get these stocking stuffers while they are available. I would love to demo my weapons for noobs with boxes of this stuff!

Even if it is the same price or more than TAP, I think it will be good ammo for target shooting which is what the majority of us do anyway.

But it begs the question, what is the best zombie load? And by that I mean, what makes one .223 round a better for zombies than a different .223 round?

My thoughts exactly, they don't explain at all, why or how this is a zombie specific load...I still must have some.

Edited by fauxknight
But it begs the question, what is the best zombie load? And by that I mean, what makes one .223 round a better for zombies than a different .223 round?

My thoughts exactly, they don't explain at all, why or how this is a zombie specific load...I still must have some.

Maybe Hornady knows something that they're not telling us.

• Like 1

Yeah, it is slightly off-color which is why I appreciate it!

I am assuming that it is repackaged TAP stuff with Zombie Green tips and hulls by the bullet weights and designs they are offering.

No. It's V-max with the tip changed to neon green. I looked at some at the local fun shop for my x39 AK, and it was the same price as V-max. Nice thing about the x39 stuff is it's zinc plated instead of the polymer stuff. They took the time to polish it out like Silver Bear.

I sent them an email to see if I could get some for reloading purposes. I could see the look on my wife's face now......

"Hon, grab the box labeled "Zombie Apocalypse" for me quick, will ya? It has the special bullets just for this."