Another Strike Agains't American Guns Dad

Kinda surprised this has yet to be brought up...

On tonight's show a bar owner wants "a bad ass shotgun" that will really make a statement. AG dad says something like; I know exactly what you need and proceeds to build the guy a cut down 18" coach gun! And charges $1200. The bar owner's reaction was one of opened mouth joy -- I suppose if AG dad did the right thing and presented a tricked out Saiga that the guy would have ruptured a testicle or two....

These people have no clue.

• Like 1

Seen both shows on the m-107& and a 400 shotgun for 1200, wow talk about price gouging! And also buying collections of guns for 30% or less of theyre value, show has to be rigged or the customers are just frickin idiots! Or JUST MAKES GOOD TV!

i dont even think it makes good tv. did you see the one where he freaks out on his daughter just for asking about a tattoo. saying he would end up in prison because boys would want to see her tattoo. if he really cared, he would not let the show exploit her underage looks like they do.

• Like 1

I saw the one where he was dealing with someone that had a private plane and helicopter. He was freaking clueless as to what kind of stuff to offer the guy. Started with a mall ninja ar. The shotgun willie thing..well I could see the double since it fit the theme of where it was going to be. They did make it look like an old coach gun. He does come off as a used car guy. Looks like he caters to FUDs. Six guns and 1911s etc. The 1911 is the newest pistol design you see on the show. No way in hell I would let my daughter or wife dress like that. It does not seem like he has a problem with how his daughter dresses when she is selling to old guys.

Not standing up for anyone, as I have never seen the show, but as the saying goes, "A fool and his money are soon parted."

An educated consumer wouldn't end up paying that for a cut down Coach gun, which is hardly Long or cumbersome in the first place.

I see 18 year old kids come into my tattoo shop with tattoos they paid $200 for, that I would have legitimately charged $80 for a much more well done tattoo.

Sucker born every minute. Just not our angle in life, good for us then!!

Maybe it IS good TV....here we are, talking about it....kind of a "guy you love to hate" approach??

Pretty sure he charged $2500 for the gun. Also, he cut it down, antiqued it, laser engraved one side of the butt and did something with a silver dollar on the other side. It wasnt worth the money but he did do some "customizing".

It was cool watching them build and bling the 1911 for his wife. Not that Id ever do that to a 1911 or have nay desire to buy one. But I can see how some people would.

Man, if I would have blown that kind of $$$ for a 10 karat diamond encrusted .45 and gave it to my wife, she would have used it on me for being so incredibly stupid and wasteful. Cubic Zirconiums baby!!!

Some people have more $$$ than sense...

Edited by Odd Man Out

Got done watching episodes 3 & 4 on demand. There more than a few 'Hoo, boy' moments for me.

- The tattoo freak-out. Yeah, I'm a father of a young daughter, but I think the guy went overboard in his reaction. Take into account his apparent hypocrisy with the way he allows his daughter to dress like a slightly more risque Daisy Duke, and he went WAY overboard, IMO. Why will boys ask her to see her tatttoo when she's hardly hiding any skin anyway?

- The 'pink gun freakout'. "We build guns for MEN...in AMERICA!" He was heard bellowing to his wife. Seriously? Over a 1911? "It's my favorite gun!" He continued to lament. Someone get this guy on one of those "Man Up" Bud Light commercials.

- Telling the hunter that he doesn't "have $60,000." The hunter should have, or been allowed to, pointed out the fact the guy had just flown out in a damn helicopter, and gone on to up the price.

I'm trying to give this show a chance, but with every episode, it's getting harder to do so. The owner's a jackass, and my wife, who barely watches these kinds of shows even said "that Southern guy is way better." Lol.

• Like 1

While in complete agreement the guy is a totally silly ass POS, there is the part where people are BUYING this shit at those PRICES $$$. Look up Major Dumb Shits and you should see a group photo of his customers. Don’t you know these people get ragged on by their buddies after an episode airs?

http://vimeo.com/3945205

post-26137-0-81681900-1321634129.jpg

Edited by 20-Mags
  • Like 1

proceeds to build the guy a cut down 18" coach gun! And charges $1200.

If he's gonna hang it in the bar a coach gun is classier. Also, what gun did he make the coach gun from? Doubles can get expensive.

The show blows, long live Sons!

I actually find it mildly entertaining and with less cringe worthy acting/writing.