Kvar Buttstock, trap door useless?

I have a Kvar butt stock for my AK. When ever I try inserting my cleaning kit, it just gets stuck. Am I inserting the kit wrong? Or is it just a piece of crap? If, so, should I just remove the spring in there, I finding the spring in there is making annoying sounds.

I have a Kvar butt stock for my AK. When ever I try inserting my cleaning kit, it just gets stuck. Am I inserting the kit wrong? Or is it just a piece of crap? If, so, should I just remove the spring in there, I finding the spring in there is making annoying sounds.

I've had ones that work and ones that don't. So I don't bother with it.

Mine was a little tight at first too.

I cut a bit of paracord, tied a knot in on end, then poked it through the hole in the cleaning kit lid and tied a another knot so it wont come out. This way i could pull it out if it got stuck. After a few times taking it in and out it loosened up....get your minds out of the gutter!

Ya the trap door is pretty good for pinching fingers, but i actually do find it pretty useful to have a cleaning kit on hand. In my experience some cleaning kits vary in size. You might also try a different kit.

Mine was a little tight at first too.

I cut a bit of paracord, tied a knot in on end, then poked it through the hole in the cleaning kit lid and tied a another knot so it wont come out. This way i could pull it out if it got stuck. After a few times taking it in and out it loosened up....get your minds out of the gutter!

Ya the trap door is pretty good for pinching fingers, but i actually do find it pretty useful to have a cleaning kit on hand. In my experience some cleaning kits vary in size. You might also try a different kit.

Thats what she said.

Anyways, I have had the same problem. Really annoying. I'm thinking about replacing my Kvar stock set with a wooden Russian set.

The cleaning kit would always bind in the trap door on my Arsenal SGL21-61 when I first got it. Fortunately, it was easy to fix.

Take off the rear trap door plate with a T15 Torx screwdriver. Take away some of the material from the plastic ribs that makes the cavity with a small rat-tail file. Test the fit with your cleaning kit, and repeat if necessary. Once you think it's right, replace the rear trap door plate, and test again with the cleaning kit. You may need to repeat the entire procedure.