Keepshooting 5 rd magazines

I just recieved my 5 rd magazines from keepshooting, and Id have to say that for im really impressed with the overall quality. I mean when they were on sale for 4.95 each you couldnt beat the deal. Each mag did require some fitting, but after you get the hang of it, the process took about 30 seconds for each mag. When compared to the factory mag you can definitley tell that there is a quality difference (the factory mag is much more robust), but like mentioned above, the quality is not bad at all. I havent tested them out yet, but will give a range report when I get a chance.

Anyone else get there mags yet? Im hoping they answer the calls for a 8 or 10rd stick mag.

Keepshootingmag.jpg

Edited by SDRider

Got some, I had to be grind a bunch where the mag release grabs it on them all. Once you do the first you know about where to go with the rest quickly and then file to final fit. Seem good for the price. Had to take the shine off them too. Seem better than the 2 pro mags I have. Fit in the gun better.

Edited by rnemhrd

Bought 8 and had to fit each also, no big deal.

Tested all with rapid fire testing using Winchester Universal.

No problems whatsoever. They feed ammo as well as factory original.

I can't remember who recommended them to me before they went on sale but Thanks a bunch.

BTW it was dwnthehatch that recommended them...Thanks again.

Edited by TapeWorm3
  • Like 1

BTW it was dwnthehatch that recommended them...Thanks again.

+1, thanks dwnthehatch! If these go on sale again, hopefully we'll get another heads up. I want to pick up 5 more.

He initially recommended them to me +1 for that

+1 to jwiedy for letting us know of the sale.

• Like 1

I bought mine the last day of the sale (last monday) and got them this monday. I bought four of them and they all needed to be fit, no surprise there. Fitting wasn't hard at all, but I was a bit perplexed at first. I was comparing them to my stock 5rnd mag (specifically the rear locking tab) and couldnt see why I needed to shave material off - then I realized that the rear locking tab needs to be ramped like on my AGP and SGM mags (more material on the bottom of the tab than the top).

They all fit very tight (no wobble) and feel pretty solid. As everyone else has said, they dont feel as beefy as the Izzy mags, but they certainly dont feel cheap, or like they are going to break easy (if at all). They are a bit shiny and slick though, which is going to be fixed after I verify that they are 100% reliable (hopefully make it to the range this week). I wish i had more cash so I could have bought More than four! $5 a pop is a seriously absurd deal.

Edited by CFOofEVIL

I bought 3. Package arrived a few days later and I only had one mag in the box...

I immediately call the number on the invoice, spoke with a real person, and the shipped the other 2 mags out the next day. They were very apologetic and even sent an apology card with the other 2 mags. Mistakes happen. No big deal.

The mags are great quality. Especially for the price. And the customer service was top notch.

I've been meaning to weld some plastic to the back of mine and file off the front lug for a while. Any threadlurkers have good suggestions for what to use? These look like PVC to me, but that is purely guess.

I bought six of them during the $4.95 each sale and received them last week. Same as the majority of you, I had to do a little filing for fit but they all work well. For the money I feel they were well worth it - wish I would have gotten many more!

I ordered mine on friday and got them on tuesday but Im only like two hours drive from their store. I only opened one of my four that I bought but it locked up right out of the package, its a little tight but I think I'll let it wear in with use I still have to check the rest. LIke everyone else said for five bucks they are impressive.

I ran across the company on another site for AK maga and missed all the other mags on sale. MY question is this...do they run ads similar often or is this an isolated ad? I keep looking at the site but nothing else is advertised at low prices.

I purchased AK 30 rounders for $7 each and had no problems with them.

They used to be $25 then $20, Now $10 except for sales.

It looks like I can't use mine anymore due to the new 922r count issues. I can repace the floorplate easily on the Izzy's and keep compliant.

Got 5 when they were 5$

Wish I would have bought 10 at that price!

They were definitely worth 15$ shipped, but less than 7$ shipped is an outright steal!

My thoughts exactly. I was worried about the quality at $4.95, but decided to take a gamble.

post-32852-0-37938100-1323638048_thumb.jpg

Worth it!!!

Had to fit mine, but it was quick and easy, Prompt service and delivery, very impressed.

I may be missing things now, but it seems like if you have other evil features, you should have a safe parts count.

My local gun dealer told me not to worrier about 922R, says LLO does not care or know what it is.

By my count my S12 and S308 are compliant for high cap mags (10 or more).

I think I see your concern about this, I did not look close on the "keepshooting" mags, where are they made?

I have been told I am PURE EVIL and will never be COMPLIANT.super_man.gif

They are made in Taiwan, and from a legal standpoint are equivalent to the OEM 5 rounder. Both are imported and have the same features: detachable magazine with a 5 shot capacity.

sure. It would mean I could skip paying $14 or $30 on a piston (x2). It looks tricky to make at home, but I am sure it would be dirt simple for you.

If you did the follower it would be interchangeable with the Izzys too, and that could be a broader market for you. Heck, maybe you could use both when you start making S12 mags from scratch.