I dont even know where to start....

Hi, my name is Greg and I seem to be SOL lately.

let me share......

Not mentioning what or who it is at the moment as I do not believe the seller is at fault and dont want to draw any negative attention to him.

I bought something from someone on here and the person sent it. Its coming from a foreign country and it was mailed months ago. Tracking, I was told was not possible for it. I've contacted the seller, my post office, hes contacted his post office, ive spoken directly with my delivery driver and noone has seen it. I believe both my driver and the seller. Ive kindof came to the conclusion that its in customes so I went to their website and basically they said if they had it they would have contacted me within days, 30-45 at the latest and if I think its lost to contact my post office and they'll probably tell me to contact CBP. basically getting the runaround. I just got off the phone and with usps and they said im sol without a tracking number. Im going down to my post office again "and request that a parcel tracer action be initiated to locate it" or whatever.

Pretty sure im just SOL on this one.

How many of you concur?

nobody knows wtf it is.

Well it feels good. Maybe this is just to get me warmed up for the 030 let down. No there is no news of it not going through. dont freak out. im just bummed.

anyone have any cheese for my whine.

I know, I know theres thousands of little kids out there who didnt get there toy for xmas either. Ill get over it.

Thanks

I ordered stuff from Israel and it went usps

Took close to 2 mo. before I got it.

Remember in the last 30 days shipping company's

Are busy not to mentione home land security

Of all countrys.

Orrrrrrrr. .........you got screwed by big

brother .

Edited by FORKLIFT352

If you bought it from someone on this forum, be sure to post in the feedback thread as an ugly transaction to warn others. Sorry about your loss.

Was planning to but dont want to jump the gun and post negative feedback without trying to investigate a good deal aand waiting a good amount of time to see if it shows up so I dont post and receive the package the next day.

Is close to 2 months more than enough time? was told it was sent on Oct 31, 2011

Edited by AZG
  • Like 1

Orrrrrrrr. .........you got screwed by big

brother .

That would be fine. If they are going to keep it cuz of whatever reason, great! I would just like an answer. Im tired of getting BS replys saying im sorry we cant help you from people who dgaf about actually helping but are saying so cuz its their job to. If the seller got a pm from another person and decided to take both our money and give the stuff to him cuz he offered double/tripple what I paid but I was in line first so agreed to take my money to make it look legit and then just say, oh it got lost in the mail, yeah, thats happened before to me too. Well the saying it got lost in the mail part anyway.

I just dont get it.

Edited by AZG

I’m a little slow but shouldn’t the seller make good on the sale or return the money? Why would it be just your loss and they pocket the cash?

They should be able to know how it was shipped and have a tracking number from their overseas vendor if not they have no proof of shipment, there are only so many shippers and they all use tracking numbers. Most shipments have some insured amount too even if it's not enough to cover the item.

So did anything besides you gave money away really happen? By the same token I hope you have proof of payment.

Edited by 20-Mags
  • Like 1

I’m a little slow but shouldn’t the seller make good on the sale or return the money? Why would it be just your loss and they pocket the cash?

I donno, He did say he sent the package, and went to his PO to find out where its at, which btw he said the post office told him it left his country with no problems. which is when he suggested us customs.

Sellers words:

Hi!

They think that something has happened in the United States, because the package seems left (country) normally.

Have you heard anything?

So, to me he kindof did all he could so far...I think. which its not really his fault that customs has it or usps lost it or etc. unless he ripped me off which I dont believe he did. but its quite possible.

So to me I would think im at a loss, not him. imo. I dont want the damn $ anyway, just the package. Im not attempting to get $ back. I just want whats owed. It seems like it might not even have reached customs and is on a boat somewhere. Or what would be even better is if it was in that boat wreck that was supposed to have WPA's molot rifles on it. that would explain alot, but is unlikely

They should be able to know how it was shipped and have a tracking number from their overseas vendor if not they have no proof of shipment, there are only so many shippers and they all use tracking numbers. Most shipments have some insured amount too even if it's not enough to cover the item.

So did anything besides you gave money away really happen?

yeah, pretty much everything I said happened, happened. not sure what you mean?

By the same token I hope you have proof of payment.

Im not one to rip people off.

post-24335-0-73319900-1323894953_thumb.png

I think ill just wait it out some more. seems to be my only option anyway.

• Like 1

so if you need a car part from Japan and you pay the dealer for it but it doesn't show up. the dealer keeps the money and you're just out of luck? not where I'm from but maybe out in Az life's different, gun part or car part should be the same thing to my way of thinking. he's saying it shipped so they should have or can get documented peperwork for, "he said" is would not be $184.14 worth of proof to my wallet. sorry you've got trouble but I think you're accepting it all too easy, don't get mad but have maybe a little better view of what's fair includes you.

• Like 1

I've seen packages get lost in customs for two months and then just show up one day, and ive seen packages just disappear in customs without a trace, and ive even seen a package leave customs, only to be delivered 1500 miles from the address they were addressed to (wtf, that was according to the original tracking number, showing the correct address.) Usually when ive seen packages seized by customs, they notify the sender, not the recipient. Its a mess, and always a gamble.

Either way, you are probably out of luck, and the problem is probably the fine folk at US Customs, and to the previous poster, yeah, if someone sells you something worth money, they are exchanging that item for money, if they dont get that item back, why should they be out the price of that item?

• Like 2

Oh well sorry for the having problems but to me it’s still just a contract, you paid to get an item, it's not you paid for an attempt to get an item. Be it gun part, car part, or a hamburger item if you paid and you don’t get the item you paid for the vendor failed to meet the contract and you’re entitled to a refund.

• Like 1

so if you need a car part from Japan and you pay the dealer for it but it doesn't show up. the dealer keeps the money and you're just out of luck? not where I'm from but maybe out in Az life's different, gun part or car part should be the same thing to my way of thinking. he's saying it shipped so they should have or can get documented peperwork for, "he said" is would not be $184.14 worth of proof to my wallet. sorry you've got trouble but I think you're accepting it all too easy, don't get mad but have maybe a little better view of what's fair includes you.

you are right. I was just meaning it might still be on its way. Im getting a better idea from everyone's' replies that I need to wait longer. But its no different in Az and others seem to agree that the $ should be returned, if the deal boils over. I plan to wait perhaps a month longer to see what happens.

AZG I admire your integrity. It takes a big man to hold back blame when the truth is not known.

thanks, I just dont think the guys ripping me off. and from the sounds of it theres a decent chance it might show up. it hasn't quite been two months yet. Im glad a few people that have delt with customs before have chimed in and shared.

I ordered stuff from Israel and it went usps

Took close to 2 mo. before I got it.

Remember in the last 30 days shipping company's

Are busy not to mentione home land security

Of all countrys.

Thanks for the info :up:

I've seen packages get lost in customs for two months and then just show up one day, and ive seen packages just disappear in customs without a trace, and ive even seen a package leave customs, only to be delivered 1500 miles from the address they were addressed to (wtf, that was according to the original tracking number, showing the correct address.) Usually when ive seen packages seized by customs, they notify the sender, not the recipient. Its a mess, and always a gamble.

Either way, you are probably out of luck, and the problem is probably the fine folk at US Customs, and to the previous poster, yeah, if someone sells you something worth money, they are exchanging that item for money, if they dont get that item back, why should they be out the price of that item?

Oh well sorry for the having problems but to me it’s still just a contract, you paid to get an item, it's not you paid for an attempt to get an item. Be it gun part, car part, or a hamburger item if you paid and you don’t get the item you paid for the vendor failed to meet the contract and you’re entitled to a refund.

Thanks 20-Mags. If it comes to that you'll see a thread in the feedback section and ill go from there.

• 1 month later...

Give us a warning if he is on this forum!

S12 forum member: Hammer

i wasn't serious about all those transferable aks i had in uruguay.... and i was only asking $180 each, but thanks for the extra $4.14

Lmao, I was totally gonna put not to be confused with Russian Hammer XD you're funny

Since you paid via paypal, you can file with them as well. I had a guy on ebay rip me off on some marker lights for my Ranchero. Turned it over to Paypal, had the funds back in less than 30 days.

PS: Last Active Yesterday, 02:07 PM

Edited by Lone Eagle

Since you paid via paypal, you can file with them as well. I had a guy on ebay rip me off on some marker lights for my Ranchero. Turned it over to Paypal, had the funds back in less than 30 days.

PS: Last Active Yesterday, 02:07 PM

From paypal:

This dispute closed because it was opened for more than 45 days after the transaction date or did not meet other filing criteria.

Basically I've been told I'm on my own cuz I didn't freak out right away and report it. That's what I get for trying

to be cool and wait it out.

Edited by AZG

I hope it all turns out for the best.

I've been ripped off before, and other times i thought i was but i wasn't

Thanks, I really hope it does too. I hate this crap. It shouldn't be this difficult.

I really would like to give the guy a good review but as things stand, im probably just going to be Sht out'a luck.

Too early to tell, you gotta roll the dice sometimes.

I once ordered from a Canadian Co. No phone # or address on their web site. BUT - they offered a Yugo underfolder complete with rear trunnion NEW for $90. Charged my CC imediatly. 2 mos. - no word. Looked all over hell for an address or phone # and could not find one. Sent many E-mails, no reply. 6mos. later - money reappeared on CC. Still no reply from the vendor. One YEAR later, after I found one at a different vendor and finished my project.....there was a package with a USED (well used) Yugo UF from the origional vendor? There was no communication from them at any time. The only E-mail they ever sent me was the origional order confirmation when I first ordered. Other than that never a single word.

• Like 1

Too early to tell, you gotta roll the dice sometimes.

I once ordered from a Canadian Co. No phone # or address on their web site. BUT - they offered a Yugo underfolder complete with rear trunnion NEW for $90. Charged my CC imediatly. 2 mos. - no word. Looked all over hell for an address or phone # and could not find one. Sent many E-mails, no reply. 6mos. later - money reappeared on CC. Still no reply from the vendor. One YEAR later, after I found one at a different vendor and finished my project.....there was a package with a USED (well used) Yugo UF from the origional vendor? There was no communication from them at any time. The only E-mail they ever sent me was the origional order confirmation when I first ordered. Other than that never a single word.

I appreciate your imput. Being 4 months into it is rough. Hope it does work out. Seems my only choice is to wait it out.

Got a receipt from Hammer. Going to USPS to try and get a trace on this thing. Will also be writing Customs.

I shipped a number of packages to other countires a year or two ago via USPS Priority. Never had an issue, they were all delivered within their listed delivery times (like 6-10 days for China). Since international packages are already expensive never skimp and make sure they are insured for the value of the item being shipped. You also have to declare the items being shipped on the customs form, and it's possible he worded it something that would have caught their attention, like "gun parts".