Odd thing at the gun show on March 17th, an anouncement was made on the PA system that a local company, Olin, had just stated that all production will be going to the military. They also made the comment to buy ammo now, prices will be soon going up as supply dries up.

This is a 500 table show with only one major ammo supplier so I doubt it was a marketing move. Has anyone else heard about this within the last few days? Odd indication of our next move gearing up for Iran?

I just wanted to put this out there to see if anyone can confirm the Olin announcement since I haven't ran across it on any of the boards.

The PA announcement was Olin specific. Been searching but have yet to find anything even in the finance sections. I was thinking the same thing as DogMan, but there weren't many bulk ammo suppliers (essentially one), and the main seller only had one case of steel 62gr .223 and not a shitload of 55gr or .308.

Edit-FWIW I sent an email to Olin regarding confirmation, received an "out of office" reply until Tues 3/20. I'll post back if I receive a reply either way.

Edited by 6500rpm

Happened when we went to afgany-land too.

Also the Afgan war set suppressors up for a 9 moth back order to civilians due to the cave fighting. Then once you were lucky enough to get a can, you still had to wait on the ATF to approve you.

One of the reasons Remmy bought AAC. they saw the sales jump due to that war.

AAC and Remmy has since turned their back on the civilian market for favor of the military market.

I know a few ACC owners that are now buying other cans due to lack of customer support ( LIKE NONE, NIL, SILCHE)

The ammo companies due this every time the Military re stocks.

We get the pull down seconds and the leftovers.

I buy 5000 556 heads (ss109) for 320 shipped.

primes are 130 shipped for 15000

powder is 90 bux for 8 lbs and I have 5 gallon buckes of brass so I don't worry about it.

all banged together on a BLUE PRESS.

the primer scare during the Klinton years taught me a nice hard lesson. And so did out immediate response to 911.

I was once told by a guy, I bring more ammo and mags. to the range then he owned.

I laughed inside....

I buy it when I can, figure out where to store it when I bring it home, need to go get some more ammo cans tomorrow it looks like. I don'y buy in a "panic", more when finances allow and I can squeeze $5 out for a box of 20 Tulammo 7.62. I remember the last time, .380 was the first to dry up, rumor had it that those lines were switched over to 9mm for the military.

I buy it when I can, figure out where to store it when I bring it home, need to go get some more ammo cans tomorrow it looks like. I don'y buy in a "panic", more when finances allow and I can squeeze $5 out for a box of 20 Tulammo 7.62. I remember the last time, .380 was the first to dry up, rumor had it that those lines were switched over to 9mm for the military.

I think it had more to do with concealed carry being passed in so many states aorund the same time and 380 being the load of choice at the time. The ammo market was hit pretty hard with all of those 380 pistols needing fed.