Why, it's my Concealed Carry License!! With great power, comes great responsibility.

Congratulations! I noticed I was immediately more aware of my surroundings and potential situations when I started carrying.

Good for you! If everyone had one the world would be safer.

Edit: almost evryone.

I can't shake the feeling that you were pointing your finger at me when you did your edit and I hadn't even posted yet.

Are you physic?

Edited by TacticoolTim

Must be nice to get it in the mail, I had to go back down to the Sheriff's office to pick mine up then go to the DMV to get the endorsement put on a state ID.

Now it's time for a "Walmart walk!"

Must be nice to get it in the mail, I had to go back down to the Sheriff's office to pick mine up then go to the DMV to get the endorsement put on a state ID.

Is a "Walmart Walk" the first time you take your CCW into a Walmart and see what happens? Or is it something similar to the "GAP Challenge", wherein you must enter the store, walk to the back of the store, touch the back wall, and leave the store without any of the store's employees talk to you?

Is a "Walmart Walk" the first time you take your CCW into a Walmart and see what happens? Or is it something similar to the "GAP Challenge", wherein you must enter the store, walk to the back of the store, touch the back wall, and leave the store without any of the store's employees talk to you?

Never heard of that one. The "Walmart Walk" I think, was originally that upon receiving your CPL (that's what MI calls it) you head to Walmart, order some nachos at the eatery and then just walk around.

You will "feel" different, almost paranoid but not quite. You will notice people much more than you had before and your awareness will be higher than likely ever before. You will "feel" like people can tell you are carrying.

With time, the feeling lulls a bit. Though you want to be sure you never become complacent.

ETA: Congrats!!

Edited by Pyzik

My Concealed Carry weapon is like my keys, wallet & cell phone where I feel like I am missing or forgetting something if I don't have it.

If you only carry 10% of the time, you will only be prepared 10% of the time. Carry 100% of the time, you will always be prepared.

"A license is simply an authority or permission to do what is otherwise wrongful or illegal and in ordinary usage it extends to the document certifying or recording that the appropriate permission has been given by the competent authority." Edwards v O'Connor

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

• Like 4

After having a Virgina CCW for years (a process which took several weeks!) I finally decided to get my WV CCW.

Applied for it on the 3rd, received a call to pick up on the 10th! Gotta love WV! smile.png

What's wrong with OCing?

I thought you were a big proponent of that?

After having a Virgina CCW for years (a process which took several weeks!) I finally decided to get my WV CCW.

Applied for it on the 3rd, received a call to pick up on the 10th! Gotta love WV! smile.png

What's wrong with OCing?

I thought you were a big proponent of that?

Of course I am. It's sad your aren't, I guess cops don't want the sheeple to armed.....

But for my own preference I like to be able to do either legally depending on the situation.

• Like 1

Of course I am. It's sad your aren't, I guess cops don't want the sheeple to armed.....

But for my own preference I like to be able to do either legally depending on the situation.

Once again, you try to twist what I said.

I never said I was against OC.

GO back and re-read that thread.

But you don't really give a rat's ass about facts.

Once again, you try to twist what I said.

I never said I was against OC.

GO back and re-read that thread.

Just the one's that are tools?

I second that. Anyone who has spent anytime here will know why I love it here.

Just the one's that are tools?

Better said the ones that give OC a bad name, but yes those are tools.

Add to that there are a lot of OC'ers out there with little or no weapons retention training.

And then there are the in-your-face, make-a-statement types who are several sammiches shy of a picnic that give all OC a bad name.

Seriously, down here we have a famous tool whose actions and rhetoric are an embarrassment to OC.

Going out in a group OCing to an above noted location for the sole purpose of "educating the public and police" is what I call in your face.

And, as you mentioned intentionally seeking a confrontation with police to supposedly educate them gives ALL OC a bad name.

It's no real wonder that a cop such as yourself would accuse a lawfully abiding citizen who is determined to video tape any interaction with cops to be "seeking confrontation". After all a cops best friend is a non-witnessed, undocumented encounter. If these cops would just act lawfully there wouldn't be any question about a citizen trying the "catch them" doing anything wrong.

I second that. Anyone who has spent anytime here will know why I love it here.

hell yeah brother!

Why, it's my Concealed Carry License!! With great power, comes great responsibility.

good for you.....now it's time to buy several different weapons, inside holsters,

outside holsters, shoulder holsters, mag holders, loose fitting jackets, shirts,

etc....etc.....etc.......be safe and sane......big_smile.gif

• Like 1

I was pretty stoked when I got my NV and UT ccw ( I even picked up a mall ninja ccw badge soon after!) (mostly to have a chance of not getting shot by Las Vegas cops at the time, as trigger happy as the were). Now my NV permit expired last month, and my UT expires in September. My gal and I will be applying for our MT ones soon.