Doublestack Mags on the Way from MD Arms?

Apologies if this has been posted already, but I haven't seen anything yet on the forum so I thought I'd share:

http://www.guns.com/md-arms-patents-double-stack-magazine-saiga-12-double-stack-shotgun-magazine-6656.html

Looks like MD arms is pretty serious about bringing something to market - looking at the patent application, I'd guess we're looking at 14-18 round capacity in something that doesn't look too terribly ridiculous.

I'll take 5, thanks!

It's touchy because MD put out a release in November 2010 that they would be available late January 2011, IIRC. Then after about halfway through 2011 he announced that he wouldn't release them untill after he sold some AK coffin mags that were his new priority because of the broader . One or two other companies have beaten him to that particular punch though.

Understandably, many customers feel led on about this.

Then a month or two ago, his patent surfaced. He also just sold about $30k worth of minigun parts to finance some production, but he didn't say which production. I believe it will come to market, but the timeline is impossible to predict, and MD has learned not to make promises he isn't immediately ready to fulfill.

Edited by GunFun
  • Like 1

First of all, I think Mike is a stand-up forthright entrepreneur based on how he conducted himself during the MD20 production....With that said,...I could be way off with this, but what I think happened...and this is taking the $30k sale of mini-gun parts into concideration, is that when ProMag came out with their mags he lost a lot of potential sales which has affected his business financially...His profit margin went down considerably also. I remember something was said that he now was able to do everything in house, which means that he invested a lot of money on expensive manufacturing equipment, had to hire a bunch of employees, and things are probable getting tight for him with the way the economy is running....Which could explain why we haven't seen any of those double stacks that were supposed to be out by now.

Hey Russian Hammer...

If I told you I would do a write up and review of the new MD arms doublestack mags... would you believe they were out?!?! Then you would think I was Mike D... oh wait... you already thought I was Bjorn... who am I??/. Mike D. ?? Bjorn??? Maybe I am TRULY BOTH.... and thats what took so long for the KPUP cause the drums didnt sell as well near the end from Promags deals... and now that the Kpups are making me money... I can get the doublestacks to market.... HMMMMM..... curiouser and CURIOUSER..... amazing.gif

Personal feeling is this on this subject. (I've said it before and I'll say it again.)

For me personally. They don't exist till they're in my hand in real life. Till then, I don't wanna hear about them. It's like long drawn out hype, I'm tired of it. Just tell me when they're ready to sell them. If not, don't waste my time.

• Like 2

Personal feeling is this on this subject. (I've said it before and I'll say it again.)

For me personally. They don't exist till they're in my hand in real life. Till then, I don't wanna hear about them. It's like long drawn out hype, I'm tired of it. Just tell me when they're ready to sell them. If not, don't waste my time.

So basically everything Kel-tec has made in the last 2-3 years.

Cause that all goes in that effin' category as well...

anger.gif

Edited by Asmodeus

So basically everything Kel-tec has made in the last 2-3 years.

Cause that all goes in that effin' category as well...

anger.gif

They don't count because I know I can get my local shop to get me one if I want one. KSG, the bullpup rifle, whatever they're not currently developing and I can actually buy.

That goes for anything I might want but don't have the cash for. The point is that I can have it, if I have the cash for it. For me personally, that's worth talking about.

Can I buy an old howitzer? Yes. Do I want one. Nah not really, no safe place to fire it around here. Why did I mention it? Because I can get one if I want it and have the cash to pay for it.

The unmentionable, can't get it. Why? They don't want to sell it yet. Why? I don't care why. Why? Because I can't buy it.

See how it works in my brain. "oohh cool!" You can't buy it. "That sucks." "What do I want instead? NEXT! What's next in line, step up!" lol

Hey Russian Hammer...

If I told you I would do a write up and review of the new MD arms doublestack mags... would you believe they were out?!?! Then you would think I was Mike D... oh wait... you already thought I was Bjorn... who am I??/. Mike D. ?? Bjorn??? Maybe I am TRULY BOTH.... and thats what took so long for the KPUP cause the drums didnt sell as well near the end from Promags deals... and now that the Kpups are making me money... I can get the doublestacks to market.... HMMMMM..... curiouser and CURIOUSER..... amazing.gif

actually, i have to apologize for accusing you of being bjorn, after i saw that impressive copstache i knew you could never be bjorn, now mike d on the other hand seems like the kind of guy who might have a copstache, so it is plausible that you actually are mike d

• Like 1

Hey Russian Hammer...

actually, i have to apologize for accusing you of being bjorn, after i saw that impressive copstache i knew you could never be bjorn, now mike d on the other hand seems like the kind of guy who might have a copstache, so it is plausible that you actually are mike d

I already said I got a whole face full... not just the copstache... :lol: I *AM* Mike I.... if not Mike D... :up: LOL!! HAHAHAHA

:smoke:

Hey Russian Hammer...

I already said I got a whole face full... not just the copstache... laugh.png I *AM* Mike I.... if not Mike D... 032.gif LOL!! HAHAHAHA

000.gif

i must call bullshit, after looking at your profile picture, there is no way in hell you don't have a copstache, posting pics with cat hair glued to your face to conceal the copstache will not work, so don't try it

I concur.