- - - - -

KUSHNAPUP - With X39 installed...

17 replies to this topic

#1 twoton

twoton

• 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

Suggestions for anyone else getting one of these:

1. If you are putting a Saiga 7.62x39 in it, you will not have the sling mount hardware or a butt plate for it. The Kushnapup does not come with these. You are expected to salvage them from your original Saiga 12 stock, so if you didn't have a Saiga 12 or disposed of the original stock, you are SOL.

2. Any Saiga 7.62 magazine over 10 rounds will not fit. It will hit the trigger guard when you try to rock it forward. So get a couple of 10 round mags if you plan to get one of these.

3. Whether you put a Saiga 12 or a Saiga 7.62 in it, even though the website says that you don't need to modify the rifle, you will have to cut off the tangs for it to fit. Distribution was put off for over a year. You would think that the damn thing would have been designed to be 1.5 inches longer where it would encase the tangs.

4. If you do get one of these and you want to keep the tangs (so that you don't destroy the rifle), there is a solution. I went through many failed ideas, but I landed on one that is sturdy and looks acceptable. It is also on the rifle itself, so when you remoce the stock to clean your rifle, it will not disturb the recoil assembly.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Kpup.JPG   66.59KB   84 downloads

• Sgt. Raven likes this

#2 KennyFSU

KennyFSU

12 gauge addict

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

Good info, it's great to learn from the experience of others, thanks for the insight.

#3 -Indy-

-Indy-

Weapons GURU

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 10,260 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Cool... The buttstock extension has been worked out in many different ways so far...

Moving this to the review section, as well as putting a link to it in the X39 section,

Posted Image
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
~ Thomas Jefferson

It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it, hath it not.
Jeremy Taylor
English prelate (1613 - 1667)

"The AG has determined that you're a potential terrorist, because only potential terrorists are interested in buying guns."

#4 AE86FL

AE86FL

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

No 30rd mag; that is a deal breaker for me.
  • post-apocalyptic, W8lifter and GunMetalGrey like this

#5 GunMetalGrey

GunMetalGrey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

Although, a drum would most likely fit.Posted Image

#6 twoton

twoton

• 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:27 AM

Drum fits, but unless you're a contortionist, you can't get your arm around it to reach the trigger.
Drums and anything over 10 round mags are useless with it.
Bernie Rolf of Centerbalance Systems may be working on a better design to come out later.
  • unclejake likes this

#7 AE86FL

AE86FL

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

Wondering if the 223 or the 5.45 mags will clear the trigger guard since these mags are not as curvy as the 7.62 mag, just a though.

Edited by AE86FL, 05 June 2012 - 12:08 PM.

#8 post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic

magnificent bastard

• Banned
  • 4,814 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

I wonder how much you'd have to cut off the pg to get proper, standard magazines to fit.

In Bjorn's defense, his Kushnap is specifically marketed for Saiga-12s, not the rifles.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#9 GunMetalGrey

GunMetalGrey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

It can easily be filled in with JB Weld and painted if you are considering shaving some of the grip off. If i had one i would do it.

#10 Nailbomb

Nailbomb

Plague-Bearer

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 6,387 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

Removing a tang destroyes the rifle?
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen.
Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945
"I've always felt that the real horror is next door to us, that the scariest monsters are our neighbors."
George A. Romero

#11 post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic

magnificent bastard

• Banned
  • 4,814 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

Removing a tang destroyes the rifle?

No, but it can severely limit your choice of stocks.

I wish Bonesteel had come out with their folding mech a few years ago.. my S-12 would still have her tang.. and I could put a Slide Fire on her to see how well the Tromix Monster Brake really works. :D

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#12 unclejake

unclejake

Old fart at large

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

Drum fits, but unless you're a contortionist, you can't get your arm around it to reach the trigger.
Drums and anything over 10 round mags are useless with it.
Bernie Rolf of Centerbalance Systems may be working on a better design to come out later.

From what research I've done this will be the way to go

"What's worse...thinking that you're being paranoid ot knowing you should be?"

#13 Sgt. Raven

Sgt. Raven

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Someone needs to put one together for .223 with AR mag well.

(Sorry, I'm short on time, and much shorter on funding).

Also, I wish KP would offer one for already converted rifles (with moved FCG).

In other words, make it AK-suitable (at least, for setup mentioned above: PMAGs and USGI would rock'n'roll in it).

IF YOUR FREEDOMS MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU, THEN UNLEASH FULL POWER TO DEFEND THEM NOW!!!
JOIN (or at least, DONATE to):
THE NRA: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
THE GOA: http://gunowners.org
THE National Association for Gun Rights: http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
Contact your Representatives at 202-224-3121 or by alternative webmail form here:
http://www.nraila.or...-your-reps.aspx

#14 liberty -r- death

liberty -r- death

I walk where the devil dances. . .

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

Has anyone tried 20 rounders?

- even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while -
- Obuhmer won the election, we're fucked, keep on prepping -

#15 Twitch 0415

Twitch 0415

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

You mean 20 rounders like mine?  They fit fine. I have Steel Tankers, Tapco 20s, and SGMs for Saigas, modified to use with bullet guide. All of these have been modified to provide LRBHO.  Yeah, I kinda modified the Kpup stock.  Ignore the date in the pics.  I always forget to reset the calendar in the camera.

I pulled these pics off of another forum.  This was the builders answer to fitting 30 rounders to his Kpup.

Attached Files

A soldier above all prays for peace, for it is he that must bear the wounds and scars of war.

#16 -Indy-

-Indy-

Weapons GURU

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 10,260 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

Those first few pics.... all I could THINK was THIS :lol:

http://www.bolgernow...ss-army-gun.jpg

Holy shit theres a lot of CRAP on that rifle!!!!!  Almost as much as on the one in the link I posted! 032.gif hhahahaha

000.gif

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
~ Thomas Jefferson

It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it, hath it not.
Jeremy Taylor
English prelate (1613 - 1667)

"The AG has determined that you're a potential terrorist, because only potential terrorists are interested in buying guns."

#17 billdozer

billdozer

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

Surefire 223 mags fit not Promag. I have put one together. Fyi..I put a bolt through the top on mine to hold it together better. It was a little to loose on the top where barrel is. The barrel rests on it and its holding a rail on the sides so you cant tell I added it. Stock feels solid now

#18 billdozer

billdozer

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

Here my 223. Its more of a novelty than anything.

Attached Files

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users