Just finished my conversion, check it out

19" Saiga 12

-Chaos Titan Rail with HK sights

-Tapco SAW and short intrafuse front grip

-Tromix DIY trigger guard and drop in trigger assembly

-DPH stock w/ace folding adapter

-DPH phantom flash hider

-MD arms gas knob

I painted the entire receiver with Duplicolor DE1634 as others had suggested, came out good. As you can see the color doesn't totally match the original black color on the top cover and barrel. The MD-20 drum had to be fit to the receiver, had to do both mods. My only gripe about the gun is that the CHAOS rail isn't parallel between the front rail and the top cover, you can see from my edited picture.

Can't wait to take it to the range this weekend and try it out

post-41890-0-22050300-1338869069_thumb.jpg

post-41890-0-13985100-1338869070_thumb.jpg

post-41890-0-30269700-1338869071_thumb.jpg

post-41890-0-66257100-1338869072_thumb.jpg

post-41890-0-61785300-1338869279_thumb.jpg

Edited by dustindu4
  • Like 4

Zero issues really. The Tromix parts dropped right in, no modifications needed. The CHAOS dust cover needed to filed down on the bottom so that the dust cover button would pop through. I just followed the videos on the CSS site where I ordered all my parts.

Your rear sight is on backward........

doh! I guess I should have checked that before I put it on

Edited by dustindu4

The other thing was I wasn't expecting to have to paint the receiver, that kind of caught me off guard. When you remove the stock trigger guard, the bottom of the receiver isn't painted. That area needs to be sanded down then primed and painted with your paint of choice. Me, I just sanded and primed the bottom then gave the whole receiver a quick blast after taping off the inside. The duplicolor engine paint says it's ready for handling after 3 hours if you paint all the coats within 1 hour with 10 minutes between coats.

Nice looking. What is your total weight ?

not sure, I don't think my bathroom scale goes that low

Edited by dustindu4

Nice looking. What is your total weight ?

that would be interesting. I know after I did my conversion using the dph stock, it went from 7 to 8 lbs. And I don't have a folding mech, chaos rails, vert grip, muzzle device, or add-on sights. If I had to guess, 9.5-10lbs can't be that far off.

Took it out today. Mind you that it ran perfect on gas setting 2 with Federal bulk pack before the conversion. Now it ran like dog shit for the first 100 rounds, no matter the mag, gas setting, or what. So I removed the CHAOS and oiled the shit out of the inside. Started running better, but it was really hit or miss. One drum it would be fine, next drum it wasn't. The main problem is that it wouldn't cycle the round enough to eject the hull. Then I put the MD Arms gas plug in and put it on setting 6, and it ran consistent but jammed a lot too.

I don't really know what to do here to make it cycle better.

here it is running good:

not so good:

http://youtu.be/vZ06re0cOa4?hd=1

http://youtu.be/cDDYE99hMJU?hd=1

http://youtu.be/9p9RhVifKpM?hd=1

Edited by dustindu4

do a search on polishing, bolt / rails / carrier.

have you inspected the gas ports? pull out the v-plug and puck. use a 90 degree pick or bent paper clip.

with more break in you may be fine. i chose to reprofile and polish the bolt. polish the carrier, rails , return spring guide and internally where the return spring rides.