I figured something like this would be better than a small black bead. But, how about something that doesn't need to gather light?

post-41803-0-64339800-1340005734.jpg

I watched the vid, what was that thing she was doing after every shot, moving her hand back and forth?

I remember seeing something like that in an old Clint Eastwood movie...

Ha. The saiga is a new addition for me. Didnt even have one when that was filmed. I've had the 870 for years. It may be slower but it does the job.

As for the other commentary that developed. I get poking fun at the pump. But Family/wife = off limits. Thats like basic forum etiquette 101. This isn't YouTube. Shut the fuck up.

Edited by Asmodeus

Lil tension I sense thanks for the video link hot girls with potty mouths shooting guns equals ++++1 in my book sorry if this offends you but atleast I'm being honest

No your fine. I actually don't have thin skin. But if the first thing someone said to you was in reference to hand jobs and your lady.

I think the least you would say is stfu.

Its all good.

The Krebs GRS uses the factory rear sight leaf slot right?

I'm still trying to decide what to put in mine. But I have an AK rear sight. So I can't use the Krebs S12 setup. Already have the FSB out in front too.

Maybe just a micro red dot since I have a rail already too.

Edited by Asmodeus

I figured something like this would be better than a small black bead. But, how about something that doesn't need to gather light?

post-41803-0-64339800-1340005734.jpg

I watched the vid, what was that thing she was doing after every shot, moving her hand back and forth?

yer pussy hurt?

I remember seeing something like that in an old Clint Eastwood movie...

Ha. The saiga is a new addition for me. Didnt even have one when that was filmed. I've had the 870 for years. It may be slower but it does the job.

As for the other commentary that developed. I get poking fun at the pump. But Family/wife = off limits. Thats like basic forum etiquette 101. This isn't YouTube. Shut the fuck up.

so why change?

One reason is eyesight. If you have 20/20 vision uncorrected, I'm happy for you. In my case, my vision hasn't been that good since I was 10 years old. I have to wear glasses (tried contacts, drove me nuts) to see the front sight clearly when shooting a rifle but I can see the factory front bead on an S-12 clear enough without correction because I'm near-sighted. But unless the front bead is against a light background it's not so clear.

Add to this the fact that I was diagnosed during my last eye exam as having the early stages of "Endothelial Distrophy" which means my corneas are clouding up, it adds up to a situation in which an easier to see front bead would be a big help. Something like a Tritium dot (that doesn't have to gather light) is what I'm leaning toward. Or a red dot of some kind.

I imagine at some point in the future replacement with a "bionic" eye complete with rangefinder, IR and X-ray mode will be possible. But I'll be a pile of dust by then.

Edited by Squishy

So what about removing the bead and adding one of these boys;

post-41803-0-32477000-1339970403.jpg

this is what i did with mine with a micro red dot.

have chaos HK quadrail but decided to change set up.

the chaos is a high quality set up but with little experience more comfortable with new setup works better for me for point and shoot

So that's a deal that has to gather light unlike Tritium, does it work well in low light?

Also, I assume when you remove the bead, drill and tap the hole it goes through to the gas block. If you use Locktite does that sufficiently seal the hole?

Edited by Squishy

So that's a deal that has to gather light unlike Tritium, does it work well in low light?

Also, I assume when you remove the bead, drill and tap the hole it goes through to the gas block. If you use Locktite does that sufficiently seal the hole?

Remember the gas block has a big vent hole in the side of it towards the rear. Its never sealed. Granted that is more forward and towards the top... I don't see a bunch of gas escaping through the threads. There wont be time for that to happen. And locktite should seal it enough as you mentioned.

But aren't their ways to just get a peep sight on the Saiga without doing the HK at all? Like skip a step?

Cause to me... its like putting 416 sights on an AR, and then turning them back into peep/ ghost ring sights.

Or basically... what you could have had from the start. Minus the trouble and cost of putting the HK on the gun in the first place.

See what I'm saying?

Hello

+1 for XS on HK bases. I'm not wild about HK sights but for shottie use the XS hits a sweet spot.

My new woody S12 will be the only one in my stable without XS sights but with the Dinzag sight block mod's I've mounted Meprolight rear and XS Big Dot front in the standard AK sight mounts. I'm optimistic it will be a good night-sight combo.

JMHO...

-guido in Houston

But aren't their ways to just get a peep sight on the Saiga without doing the HK at all? Like skip a step? Cause to me... its like putting 416 sights on an AR, and then turning them back into peep/ ghost ring sights. Or basically... what you could have had from the start. Minus the trouble and cost of putting the HK on the gun in the first place. See what I'm saying?

Sure. It's a matter of preference on positioning of the rear ghost ring in relation to the shooter- some like them in the standard AK location, such as with the Krebs, etc, and some like them closer to the rear of the receiver, more like what one might find on certain other non-Kalashnikov rifles/shotguns. If positioning isn't a concern, then there are certainly other ghost ring options besides the HK/XS that are cheaper....

Don't forget the XS ghost ring rear for HK sights- I wouldn't like a HK diopter rear on a Saiga, but the XS can work out nicely.

p_006000137_2.jpg

I'm interested in low sights. It looks like that front sight will drop into the HK front sight block, but I don't see how that rear sight block is going to attach to the Saiga.

Edited by Control3

Don't forget the XS ghost ring rear for HK sights- I wouldn't like a HK diopter rear on a Saiga, but the XS can work out nicely.

p_006000137_2.jpg

I'm interested in low sights. It looks like that front sight will drop into the HK front sight block, but I don't see how that rear sight block is going to attach to the Saiga.

Looks like you'd have to have an HK rear sight base welded to your dustcover in order to attach it. Looks like an easy upgrade for folks with standard HK rear sights.

The front sight is for an HK front sight base, it will not thread directly into the S12. To clarify, the post with the dot on the left is the front sight post and the post with the ring on the right is the rear-sight ghost-ring aperture (different size maybe?) that threads into the rear sight pictured in the center.

I think I got all that right.