Meeting the man, Tony Rumore!

Sorry Tony,

But I just cannot hold it in!!! I got the opportunity to meet Tony and a friend (Jess) of his last week. I offered to take him fishing here in Alaska, for halibut and salmon since he was going to work on my Saiga. I didn't want anyone to get mad that he took time off from working on THEIR S12, but I just can't help it! It was a blast, to talk to him about the guns, and shit in general. Beside, you guys want him to be relaxed and ready to work hard on YOUR gun, right?

We got some good halibut fishing in, even with some crappy weather. Plus some salmon trolling, and even a float down the mighty Kenai for world class rainbow trout! All in all, a great time Hopefully I can talk him into another trip in the future...

IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0573.JPGIMG_0602.JPG

Sorry guys... didn't mean to steal him from his shop...

(more pics HERE)

Edited by SwissyJim
  • Like 1

Man, those are just lil'chicken Halibuts, bring on the Barn Doors!

LOL... Looks like a great time, roughing it in style.

I've fished out of the Kingfisher Lodge in Sitka, simply outstanding Salmon & Halibut.

Nothing like Alaska, I love it up there.

haha! Yeah, they may not be the barn door 'butts, but they are a hell of a lot tastier! I actually target the 25-50# ones for that reason... not to say it's not fun to hook a monster once and awhile. I just let 'em go...

And Spartacus... y'all are MORE than welcome to keep that #$%^&* out of the state. We don't like quitters up here...

• Like 1

And Spartacus... y'all are MORE than welcome to keep that #$%^&* out of the state. We don't like quitters up here...

Yeah, I know she bailed on you guys.

I can't help it, I'm still a fan of hers.

She looks like my old girlfriend too.

grimace.giff0ckers.gif

• Like 2

Does this look familiar?

Homer's International Cruise Line - The Mother Ship

post-1323-0-12138200-1341338656_thumb.jpg

HA!! Bob Cousin's house/zombie float plan. It is better known around town as the Sea Ghetto (at least in the circles I ran in).

Tony doesn't fish with a Saiga?

You're thinking of the alligator hunting trip.

LOL........ That was the one when Tony ended up being the bait !! (Momentarily !! )

post-3950-0-80966100-1341354331.jpg

In the water / Out of the water : Elapsed time= 1 heartbeat !!

After falling on top of that aligator, I flew out of that swap and back in the boat like Superman on a pogo stick.

I'll bet that gator was thinking, "Man, these Rednecks from Oklahoma are some crazy mother fuckers"

Tony

• Like 1

Oh, if you are in Homer, the distinctive boat should be the Russian Marine glass gillnetters. My uncle designed the molds for the second generation (i.e. the one with good hydrodynamics)

I've got a lot of acquaintainces who are from there or have lived there a while.