I recently got a Blade MCX2 RC copter and I am hooked. I impulse bought the larger helo in the background and it is cool, but impossible to fly indoors. After many crashes and repairs I did some research on RC forums and discoverd the MCX2 in the foreground. Damn thing is additctive. If anyone wants to dip their toes into RC helo's, I highly recommend this thing. They even make cnc machined parts for this tiny thing. Good thing it is very durable for those FWI flights.

Helis002.jpg

Edited by RedChallenger
  • Like 2

I picked up some $45 POS from the mall during Christmas season last year. It's definitely fun to fly around and dive bomb my cat with. Even has some sweet red and blue flashing LED's on it, oh yeah.

Typo error in title. Sorry .

Yeah, I bought a cheapo in th PX lobby which piqued my interest, but gave it to my nephew.

Trust me, when you get a 4 channel mini you will be amazed. And the MCX2 lights are functional for night flight, right green, left red, tail slow red, front blue.

Tony, that blade 400 looks cool. How long did it take you to graduate to single (non co-ax) prop?

Edited by RedChallenger

I am with tony on the DX6i... Got TWO blade MSR's as well and an Esky King 3... talk about sensitive... I have crashed that beast more times than I have flown it... now I have a bad servo... ( one that I replaced with an OEM one... ) that is REALLY glitchy... and is very unstable and makes the bird even more difficult to keep under your thumb... :(

I LOVE flying the MSR though... full 4 channel function...

And REALFLIGHT on the PC... Thats a blast too!!! :up:

:smoke:

I would like to get into them. My friend Rich now works for national networks getting shots for events and commercials. He's an awesome pilot. I tried out one of his nitro powered starter helicopters and crashed it after about 30 seconds of fun.

He would slalom the helicopter in between the middle of the high speed quad ski hill chairlift. Did spins and flips. His hobby turned into a living! We put a camera on his craft about 13 years ago and got some shots. Now he's big stuff.

It's very difficult to fly them and even harder to be a pro at flying them.

What would you guys suggest I get for a basic starter one that I could repair myself?

check this stuff out! nuts!

I would like to get into them. My friend Rich now works for national networks getting shots for events and commercials. He's an awesome pilot. I tried out one of his nitro powered starter helicopters and crashed it after about 30 seconds of fun.

He would slalom the helicopter in between the middle of the high speed quad ski hill chairlift. Did spins and flips. His hobby turned into a living! We put a camera on his craft about 13 years ago and got some shots. Now he's big stuff.

It's very difficult to fly them and even harder to be a pro at flying them.

What would you guys suggest I get for a basic starter one that I could repair myself?

check this stuff out! nuts!

Cool stuff. I recommend you get a MCX2 (RTF, if you don't have a controller). This model is very durable, repairable and upgrade able.

As you get better you can add the carbon fiber rear tail, etc.

• Like 1

I've got the Blade CX2 and a couple of the CX models, with some upgrade parts and one with a little remote camera mounted in the nose. Got the whole lot with extra parts and batteries and all from a member here a couple of yrs ago for something to do while I was sidelined. They're pretty easy to get started with. Then after you get better with em you can try flying them upside down like some videos I've seen online.

• Like 1

E flite makes nice product and the blade CX2 is awesome for beginners. It had 2 counter rotating blades which makes it easier to fly and adds stability. Tony said he has the blade 400, which is what I'd like to get. Just google search "E Flite" and you'll see all kinds of fun stuff on their site. eBay also has tons of aftermarket upgrades for them.

• Like 2

I got this really nice one from a black friday sale, worked great, I can't remember the brand, it was reg like $300, but was at the sale for $100.

I landed it, and it got eaten by my friends lab lol

I got a few months use out of it at least.

I've had some cheap ones at the office, but they get destroyed pretty quick .

I would like to get a more serious battery or gas powered one, but just never get around to it.

thanks guys. i'll check out the cx2 at the local hobby shop in kalispell. might pick up a few rocket engines while I'm there.

Haha! I used to love flying model rockets! Fitting bigger engines to smaller rockets was always fun.

• Like 1

thanks guys. i'll check out the cx2 at the local hobby shop in kalispell. might pick up a few rocket engines while I'm there.

Haha! I used to love flying model rockets! Fitting bigger engines to smaller rockets was always fun.

I miss model rockets

we used to take diecast trucks and cars and make them into rocket powered ones! so much fun.

I shouldn't say this I might have the green police after me...

LOOK OUT HERE COMES THE REDAC-TOR!!!! we took some of my pops ************** *********** ****** ***** **** ****** ***** heh

Edited by Syndicate
  • Like 1

Get the Mcx2 as it is the upgraded version of the Cx2. Nicer fuselage and cool led lighting that makes it operable in the dark. I got mine on eBay for $86 with controller (rtf), extra battery and the CF tail boom. It comes with 2 batteries and wit a extra you get almost unlimited fly time, especially if you get a 2 port ac charger.

Edited by RedChallenger
  • Like 1

I have a cheap one from Target or somewhere. $30.

It works OK. At least for entertaining my 2 year old nephew. I'd like to get a bigger one for outdoors, but from the little research I've done, you're looking at big $$ for something that won't get blown off course with a slight breeze.