I don't know whats right or not but i pronounce it "Sy-guh".

For awhile there, Military Arms Channel on Youtube, the dude was pronouncing it "Sy-ay-guh". I cringed.

+1

just like how Izhevsk is pronounced you-scheff-vsk. the "sch" is not like in "school", but more like in the name "schmitt"

I've always heard it pronounced by Russians as Ee-jevsk, emphasis on the second syllable, the "j" pronounced similarly to the French "je".

Sai-guh is how I pronounce it. The "g," when pronounced by a Russian, sounds to my ear to be halfway between a "g" and a hard "k" sound.

Edited by Shandlanos

Mullet Man and Indy are correct from what I've heard, which includes Russians saying it. Believe it or not, I've actually heard a couple of people call them Sy-ay-guhs too. I thought to myself "Let's not make it any more difficult than necessary".

just like how Izhevsk is pronounced you-scheff-vsk. the "sch" is not like in "school", but more like in the name "schmitt"

I've always heard it pronounced be Russians as Ee-jevsk, emphasis on the second syllable, the "j" pronounced similarly to the French "je".

Sai-guh is how I pronounce it. The "g," when pronounced by a Russian, sounds to my ear to be halfway between a "g" and a hard "k" sound.

ive herd it two different ways, from two different russians. one was the way i posted above, the the other was more of what you said. so its hard to say. i dont speak russian so i cant tell ya for certain.

I've always heard it pronounced by Russians as Ee-jevsk, emphasis on the second syllable, the "j" pronounced similarly to the French "je".

well today i spoke with another russian. and you are indeed correct shandlanos.

I always have pronounced it "sai-gah" but will occasionally say "sega" since I have gone into gun stores in the area, and when pronouncing as "sai-gah" get an odd look and the response "You mean a sega?". I think thats a MA thing though, I think that most people around here dont know how it is intended to be pronounced.