lolz, no-one can figure out how to rawk-n-lock an AK mag

So simple a child can understand it. So common, a few thousand children are issued them.

So crude a grown man might have to beat on it to get one to drop free, and the next one is so loose that it rattles

Funny thing is that looks old enough the soldier probably learned on a US issue gun like M14 that would have been RNL too.

if you guys take a look at the uniform he's wearing, large square pocket fatigue "shirt", non-subdued name tape, rank and branch and the gold lettering U.S. ARMY (yeah I know it's a B&W photo, but that is the color U.S. ARMY was on fatigue uniforms) not to mention bright and shiny belt buckle, that photo was taken in the late 50s or at the least early 60s, the AK-47 was a rare thing to come by let alone be familiar with.

• Like 2

.................. well, i wouldnt use a picture of a guy flubbing a mag insert in a serious article.... not really the time or place. unless they included the caption "dam! those crazy ruse-keez sure make a weird mag catch!"

of course its early, but anyone with any mechanical aptitude can look at it, see whats going on, and do it right... i just like that thats the pic someone chose for wikipedia...laugh dont laugh i dont give a shit!

.................. well, i wouldnt use a picture of a guy flubbing a mag insert in a serious article.... not really the time or place. unless they included the caption "dam! those crazy ruse-keez sure make a weird mag catch!"

of course its early, but anyone with any mechanical aptitude can look at it, see whats going on, and do it right... i just like that thats the pic someone chose for wikipedia...laugh dont laugh i dont give a shit!

Its a good reminder as to why that wikipedia may not always be the most reliable source of info. It's an interesting photo but nothing to go on to conclude this guy is incompetent due to a snap shot in time with no following context... especially when its something we have all done at some point.

And of course the first time any of us ever laid hands on an AK we instantly we able to demonstrate the proper manual of arms and have never fumbled inserting a magazine since.

Some of you really get kicks out of some stupid shit.

Why do you gotta come in and shit in everyone's cereal? Its a funny picture because we have all been there at some point and this guy just happened to get his picture taken at an inopportune moment. Some of us find it funny, just because you don't, it doesn't mean you have the right to rain on the parade. Haven't you seen Bambi? I believe the quote is: "If you don't have anything nice to say, shut the fuck up".... or something like that anyway.

Edited by DrGonZo
  • Like 2

It's weird how many people will take a dump on wikipedia and then take some prepper thread as serious credible information. See also alternative medicine claims.

I personally find it to be a great starting point learning where to look for good info for almost any topic. If it doesn't give you the facts, it at least shows you where fight is.

Posts #10 and 11 have a good point. However, I also agree with #14, the picture is still funny. No harm in noticing something funny and laughing at it.

The guy in the picture looks annoyed at a design that is still clumsy and that people still goof up to this day, including people who have practiced. Yes you can learn to run one smoothly, but the fact that you have to practice to be able to do it proficiently shows a design flaw. Changing a magazine should be so intuitive that anyone can do it on the first try every time. I am not saying that it is extremely complex, just more than it needed to be.

And of course the first time any of us ever laid hands on an AK we instantly we able to demonstrate the proper manual of arms and have never fumbled inserting a magazine since.

Some of you really get kicks out of some stupid shit.

Why do you gotta come in and shit in everyone's cereal? Its a funny picture because we have all been there at some point and this guy just happened to get his picture taken at an inopportune moment. Some of us find it funny, just because you don't, it doesn't mean you have the right to rain on the parade. Haven't you seen Bambi? I believe the quote is: "If you don't have anything nice to say, shut the fuck up".... or something like that anyway.

Cause I'm a dick.

• Like 3

To me it looks like he's thinking "I sure wish I could have this one instead of that junk M16 that didn't even come with a cleaning kit"...

Not sure if it's true but an old fella at the renge looked at my 7.62 and said he remembered if they found enough of them, mags and ammo they ditched there rifles for them. In the rain and mud the ak always worked.

]Not sure if it's true but an old fella at the renge looked at my 7.62 and said he remembered if they found enough of them, mags and ammo they ditched there rifles for them. In the rain and mud the ak always worked.

you can be sure he's full of shit if he said that. for one thing no command, ie squad/platoon leader etc.. would tolerate such a thing, how you going to keep these guys resupplied if they get into a long firefight? you're not. and second the AK makes a distinctive noise when fired, and if he got into a fire-fight shooting while shooting it, he wouldn't be here to tell that story, as that would bring every M16 onto him.

the only time a AK would have been used by US forces was in a LRRP unit, if they had to venture into enemy territory where no US units were. if they got into a fire-fight the firing of that weapon would be second-guessed by the enemy if they are another friendly unit

Edited by Matthew Hopkins