Need some drum or factory magazine

I've fired MD Arms, Promag and AA drums. Two of them in full auto Saiga 12s. The Promag worked ok, with one or two hiccups, but overall was pretty nice. The AA drum had 4 failures in 20 rounds (see video). The MD drums haven't let me down yet. Not sure who has the best deals, but going rate for the MD is around $100, while the Promag is 30 bucks less. The AA is twice the cost of the MD, and sometimes more.

AA drum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GMHAFZvyD8

MD drum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzzaFFvvA_U

Edited by Corbin

I don't care if ProMags were $1, I would still pay $100 for an MD-20. I have never had a failure that was directly related to a MD-20. I have probably owned more MD-20s at one time and fired more rounds through them than all but a few people here. MD-20 is King, period.

• Like 2

I'll be happy to buy that $1 Promag 20 round drum from you sir! tongue.png

I would probably buy a bunch of them and use them for targets to shoot with a S12 with a MD-20 in it. I could use some decent 2 3/4" Buck, so the brittle plastic rear cover would fragment. MD would probably get a kick out of that ;)

MD 20 got my cash vote too. Original and best.

I would be happy to take a promag as well, but MD is clearly better.

Really If I were buying any promag product, it would be their 12 round drum. That is a good product, -- and this is coming from an extremely dissatisfied owner of a completely useless promag 10/22 drum.