Wonderbus is the last of the loaves!!!

Looks like the Hostess Bakery in Philly just closed down. No more Wonderbread, or Twinkies, or any other favorite treats. However, I can't help think that somehow, the Health index of our nation just went up 1 notch.

Still a bummer.

• Like 1

+1 but they might not go for the deal if the purchaser has to buy all the baggage too.

What usually happens is that bankruptcy court can apportion out the obligations including pension debt and convert it to a flat percentage. Then stuff like the brand label, bakeries, goodwill, etc are sellable assets. Often, they just write off a bunch of the debt and stay in business with plans assigned by the court rather than negotiated.

• Like 1

I would say for anyone who really loves Twinkies to Run out and get 'em quick..........but those folks probably don't do a lot of Running. :)

You'd be surprised. I went to Albertsons for some Bloddy Mary fixings and checked out the Hostess section. Cleaned out. Went to the Connoco for gas. Cleaned out. Apparently the husky kids can run when supplies get critical.

• Like 3

I always thought the Twinkies and Ho-Ho's were kind of..... yuck.

But then my weakness is Chips-Ahoy and Butterfinger bars (me and Bart).

Sometimes peas and carrots just don't fill the need. tongue.png

I got yer Finger Right here!!post-16191-0-23106300-1353122099_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I bought a pack MONTHS ago on the way to work, opened the pack, ate one and had a truck come in for a delivery. Sat the pack on the pallet rack and went about my business, they sat there for about 3 months, opened pack and all, and look like the day I bought them. Hell, even the rats in the shop didn't touch them. Now what's wrong with this picture...... :)

• Like 1

I bought a pack MONTHS ago on the way to work, opened the pack, ate one and had a truck come in for a delivery. Sat the pack on the pallet rack and went about my business, they sat there for about 3 months, opened pack and all, and look like the day I bought them. Hell, even the rats in the shop didn't touch them. Now what's wrong with this picture...... smile.png

That's just cuz the rats didn't have an AK to use it in a torture test

• Like 1

Unions kill another enterprise.

post-13534-0-59908800-1353108703.jpg

Blame is as much, if not more on Silver Point and Monarch (hedge funds). They wanted the unions to give up their pensions and COL increases after they had already made concessions to the tune of $110+ million. Kinda fucked up when the CEO was making $1.2M / year and had gotten a 75% raise. So much for the 'job creator' myth.

-D

Edited by Donkeyshins
  • Like 1

Blame is as much, if not more on Silver Point and Monarch (hedge funds). They wanted the unions to give up their pensions and COL increases after they had already made concessions to the tune of $110+ million. Kinda fucked up when the CEO was making $1.2M / year and had gotten a 75% raise. So much for the 'job creator' myth

Hopefully those thoughts keep the 18k employees warm at night when they cant afford heat because of the endemic unemployment they now face.

• Like 1

First thing yesterday morning, I went to the local grocery store. Not a Hostess product in sight.

Went on a "twinkie hunt" this afternoon, still no luck.

Damn you, Little Debbie and your stupid "Cloud Cakes!" It's not the same, damnit!!!

The twinkie is the edible equivalent of Avtomat Kalashnikova: When absolutely, positively every motherfucker in the room must have high blood sugar. Accept no substitutes.

-sniff- Farewell, sweet golden deliciousness. -sniff-

First thing yesterday morning, I went to the local grocery store. Not a Hostess product in sight.

Went on a "twinkie hunt" this afternoon, still no luck.

Damn you, Little Debbie and your stupid "Cloud Cakes!" It's not the same, damnit!!!

The twinkie is the edible equivalent of Avtomat Kalashnikova: When absolutely, positively every motherfucker in the room must have high blood sugar. Accept no substitutes.

-sniff- Farewell, sweet golden deliciousness. -sniff-

You doe'nt happen to have a Escalade with a V-plow on it do ya?nothing.gif
  • Like 1