Here's an exerpt from a member on another forum in regards to semi-auto firearms:

" You'll never get semi auto's back.

People who actually need them have them e.g. Defence/police/professionals

What does the average joe need one for? If your popping off rounds you ain't gonna hit shit and if you shoot slow enough to hit something, it ain't any faster then a pump or bolt.

If all you wanna do is fire off heaps of rounds fast then your just wasting ammo and money.

If you wanna play with some cool guns go join the army and do something useful a the same time. Otherwise realise countries like the USA are full of wannabe whankers running around with tactica-cool ar's and blowing up shit in the desert.

Whoop-dee-friggin-doo

Tighter gun laws have produced a new generation of accurate shooters restricted to bolt guns that realise it only takes one shot and every shot counts. "

Sadly, this represents the opinion of most gun owners in Australia. If any form of shooting in Australia isn't mandated by the Government ( According to our Australian shooting bretheryn), it shouldn't be allowed - this applies with Airsoft, Semi-Auto's, 2nd Ammendment, etc. All of that is just too American/Pro-Gun. we can't be seen enjoying gun ownership.

I really feel sorry for all people living in this country who would love to come on here and show off there SAIGA's, nuff said.

What does the average joe need one for? If your popping off rounds you ain't gonna hit shit and if you shoot slow enough to hit something, it ain't any faster then a pump or bolt.

If all you wanna do is fire off heaps of rounds fast then your just wasting ammo and money.

If you wanna play with some cool guns go join the army and do something useful a the same time. Otherwise realise countries like the USA are full of wannabe whankers running around with tactica-cool ar's and blowing up shit in the desert.

Whoop-dee-friggin-doo

Tighter gun laws have produced a new generation of accurate shooters restricted to bolt guns that realise it only takes one shot and every shot counts. "

I guess this is what you have to say when you have no choice. If they took their bolt guns away they would probably say how this only makes them better knife fighters. I kind of feel sorry for them.

• Like 5

I'm not an average Joe. I am a US citizen. There are certain rights written in our Constitution that others don't have.

If someone wants to mag dump...it's their money (and grin). Doesn't have to make sense. It just has to be safe so you can go out and enjoy another day .

It's surprising how so many people know so much better and go out of their way to explain/rationalize something they lost.

• Like 2

Bottom line. The only reason we have the great 2A is to prevent subjugation of our citizens... Again. Those who are already subjects don't see this. I'm not so sure a big portion of Americans aren't already subjects of the new federal crown anyway.

• Like 2

We have our guns because the founding fathers knew and saw it neccessary to maintain a free people and this countries security. You know why something like red dawn would probably never happen, because we have the largest standing army in the world, the american firearm enthusiast. Thats right the real homeland security here is us.

• Like 2

First I do hope you guys understand that government does not "grant" rights.

Your Creator gave you those rights not some pencil neck in some capitol.

In understanding that you can neither give them to or have them taken by said government. What one can do is pretend to have lost a right when one is unwilling to confront the evil that enslaves.

• Like 2

Reply to Ausie....

"It's always sad when you have to justify your own(government's) stupidity. Any invasion to one homeland, will not be counered by pumps and bolt actions. Semi-auto, high capacity, military style weaponry is the least that it will take, just to stand a chance against actual military issue full-auto and select-fire weaponry. But Australia has no worries since America will save your ass again. Because we can."

• Like 5

Here's an exerpt from a member on another forum in regards to semi-auto firearms:

" You'll never get semi auto's back.

Whoop-dee-friggin-doo

Sadly, this represents the opinion of most gun owners in Australia. If any form of shooting in Australia isn't mandated by the Government ( According to our Australian shooting bretheryn), it shouldn't be allowed - this applies with Airsoft, Semi-Auto's, 2nd Ammendment, etc. All of that is just too American/Pro-Gun. we can't be seen enjoying gun ownership.

I really feel sorry for all people living in this country who would love to come on here and show off there SAIGA's, nuff said.

If bolts and pumps are better than semi-autos, maybe they should be banned too. Makes sense, right? OH, and single shots too. You need to be really accurate with them. VERY dangerous.

Edited by ironhead7544

It's bad in the United Kingdom as well.

LIVE ammunition has been found lying in the doorway of a busy high street shop.

The .22 calibre short round bullet was found at the entrance of the 99p Stores in Walthamstow High Street on Wednesday morning, November 1.

Haroon Khan, who has a firearms licence and is a member of a local gun club, was alarmed to discover live ammunition in a Walthamstow doorway.

The bullet, of Swiss origin, was still in its brass casing, complete with enough gunpowder for it to fire itself.

Mr Khan said that if it had been struck hard enough or exposed to heat it could have gone off.

"This sort of thing should not be lying around. It was live, primed and active," he said. "But rather me pick it up than a little kid.

"How can you feel safe when you are finding things like this on the street?

"To get hold of one of these is not easy. You have to go through a scrutinised search, you need a licence and you have to belong to a club."

Ammunition of this kind would ordinarily be used in a small handgun or pistol, and both can be owned legally under licence.

But to leave strictly controlled goods out in the street would be enough for a firearms licence to be revoked.

The bullet has been examined at a Metropolitan Police laboratory and details about it kept for future reference.

A police spokesman said: "Recovering firearms and ammunition is a priority for the police. We take the same view of ammunition as we do of a gun.

"If it goes bang, it is still lethal."

Police are treating the unattended ammunition as a crime. Mr Khan alerted them at 10.16am, and they arrived at his shop to pick up the bullet at 11.32am.

It's bad in the United Kingdom as well.

LIVE ammunition has been found lying in the doorway of a busy high street shop.

The .22 calibre short round bullet was found at the entrance of the 99p Stores in Walthamstow High Street on Wednesday morning, November 1.

Haroon Khan, who has a firearms licence and is a member of a local gun club, was alarmed to discover live ammunition in a Walthamstow doorway.

The bullet, of Swiss origin, was still in its brass casing, complete with enough gunpowder for it to fire itself.

Mr Khan said that if it had been struck hard enough or exposed to heat it could have gone off.

"This sort of thing should not be lying around. It was live, primed and active," he said. "But rather me pick it up than a little kid.

"How can you feel safe when you are finding things like this on the street?

"To get hold of one of these is not easy. You have to go through a scrutinised search, you need a licence and you have to belong to a club."

Ammunition of this kind would ordinarily be used in a small handgun or pistol, and both can be owned legally under licence.

But to leave strictly controlled goods out in the street would be enough for a firearms licence to be revoked.

The bullet has been examined at a Metropolitan Police laboratory and details about it kept for future reference.

A police spokesman said: "Recovering firearms and ammunition is a priority for the police. We take the same view of ammunition as we do of a gun.

"If it goes bang, it is still lethal."

Police are treating the unattended ammunition as a crime. Mr Khan alerted them at 10.16am, and they arrived at his shop to pick up the bullet at 11.32am.

Hopefully they were able to safely disarm it. This has got Al Queda written all over it. 009.gif Edited by DogMan
  • Like 3

Swiss ammo is especially dangerous due to the fact it can fire itself.

Thats it! People don't kill people. Swiss ammo does.

• Like 3

To my friend in Australia,

I feel sorry for you and your fellow Aussies for not having a Second Amendment. The people should have stood up for the right to keep their weapons, anf they failed to do so. I and many of my friends will never allow this to happen to us.

However, your government has at least made it clear that Jihad Muslims, and Muslim law, are not welcome and that it will not tolerate spreading hate in the name of religion. Until our country follows that kind of policy the Second Ammendment is the only helping to keep the United States safe from their expansion even if our governement wants to, not so quietly, allow it.

I'll keep Australian's and every other country denied the right to properly protect themselves in my prayers.

• Like 1

Hopefully they were to safely disarm it. This has got Al Queda written all over it. 009.gif

The Bomb Squad probably used 1lb of C-4 and a blasting cap which is more powerful itself than the cartridge alone to dispose of it.

that was in between disarming WW2 German bombs.......i was on a building site in Coventry ( in the Midlands, Germans blitzed the crap out of the place) last year and five were found in one day, the largest being a 1000lb'er.

I 've know a former Australian military member via another forum for over six years now. At one time he was proud of showing pictures of himself while serving and also owned several weapons as a civilian. When the subject of Australia's gun ban came up on the forum (not broached by me) the best he could come up with was "I don't miss them."

Also, to once again show you guys just how tough I am, I was at the Dragon Man's gun range Thanksgiving Day and spotted a live 22 round (long rifle, not a wimpy short) lying on the ground. My first reaction was to throw my body on top of it and yell for everybody to run, but there were two problems with that response. Hitting the ground would hurt, and getting up would be harder than it used to be. Throwing caution to the wind, I instead reached down, picked it up, and bent the bullet out of the casing. Having disarmed it, I poured out the powder and threw the disarmed remains into the trash can. I realize I acted rashly and put my life at risk to protect others, but that's how I am. My only regret was that I wasn't in England where I probably would have received a medal at the very least.

• Like 9

I 've know a former Australian military member via another forum for over six years now. At one time he was proud of showing pictures of himself while serving and also owned several weapons as a civilian. When the subject of Australia's gun ban came up on the forum (not broached by me) the best he could come up with was "I don't miss them."

Also, to once again show you guys just how tough I am, I was at the Dragon Man's gun range Thanksgiving Day and spotted a live 22 round (long rifle, not a wimpy short) lying on the ground. My first reaction was to throw my body on top of it and yell for everybody to run, but there were two problems with that response. Hitting the ground would hurt, and getting up would be harder than it used to be. Throwing caution to the wind, I instead reached down, picked it up, and bent the bullet out of the casing. Having disarmed it, I poured out the powder and threw the disarmed remains into the trash can. I realize I acted rashly and put my life at risk to protect others, but that's how I am. My only regret was that I wasn't in England where I probably would have received a medal at the very least.

And most Australian gun owners think that way.

That's why I plan on traveling overseas for shooting purposes

• Like 1

Hopefully they were to safely disarm it. This has got Al Queda written all over it. 009.gif

The Bomb Squad probably used 1lb of C-4 and a blasting cap which is more powerful itself than the cartridge alone to dispose of it.

that was in between disarming WW2 German bombs.......i was on a building site in Coventry ( in the Midlands, Germans blitzed the crap out of the place) last year and five were found in one day, the largest being a 1000lb'er.

I was stationed in Germany for 6 years and that was commonplace around the area but they were bombs from us.

Brain washed also....................

From shooting.com.au:

" A step towards a country free of gun violence, look at the US, theres atleast one massicre a year because there is no form at all of any gun control.

Registration allows knowedge of who has what, its intended use ect ect, if you were shot but someone with a 9mm, the police figure out its a 9mm, without registration it would be impossible to check which LAFO's in the area/who you knew had a 9mm. (granted the shot would have been an illegal weapon but the point still stands). Im all for registration/licensing ect, perhaps not the excessive amounts of paperwork, but still for it."

I weep.......

Most of the Pro-Gunners on that forum are either foreigners or Queenslanders.

Maybe they should have a QueensLanders only forum.

The problem here is there are so many places in the U.S. where guns are not allowed, but is it not amazing that these places are usually the scenes of these massacres. Our laws handicap the honest armed citizen while helping the criminal out giving him a clear map of where he can and cannot commit his nefarious acts. Our only gun control problem is the restrictions on private citizens. Imagine the colorado shooting if 1 or 2 people had been carrying that night.

And most Australian gun owners think that way.

That's why I plan on traveling overseas for shooting purposes

Are you from the land down under? Where women glow and men plunder? Well, least the guys used to.

• Like 1