Saiga members...all members (Mods, business, contributor and non-contributor alike).

The WTS/WTT section has been broken up into groups now for easier searching or posting. What is everyone thoughts and suggestions here? Please, pros and cons are all welcome as we are trying to make the forum better for all you members.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you,

Gunny New River

Looks much better.

Are you going to include a way for members to close threads after sales have been completed, so that ancient threads from don't get resurected?

No, but if the member either marks it SOLD or PM's a Mod we can lock it for you.

I am sure I will get use to it BUT I liked it the other way. That way I could just click on one subforum and scroll down and look for todays new posts. Now I have to look a several subforums and when I go back to find something I will have remember where I saw it Because those of us that have been here long enough know that there is alot of members that dont know where to post things and they have to get moved alot. I dont know what you mods have to put up with behind the scenes but if it makes your job easier then I am all for it.

It would be helpful if settings were changed so that titles could be edited, or at least so that older posts could be edited, in those subforums only.

Kind of sucks to not be able to put a price in the title. Title editing would be an extremely welcome addition.

Looks much better.

Are you going to include a way for members to close threads after sales have been completed, so that ancient threads from don't get resurected?

I get people asking if stuff is still available months later. It is as if they are reading the title, not scrolling down to see what happened, and just sending an IM. This is an excellent idea, IMO.

Overall, I think it is a great change.

• Like 1

Pros:

(If everyone posts in the correct section.....)you can find specifically what your looking for

Your ad gets to stay on the first page longer.......

Cons:

Everytime I hit the "back page" to go to the next part of the classifeds......i have to scroll all the way back to the bottom of the web page...annoying\time consuming

Another improvement would to have a "forum business member section"........When I go to the classifieds, I'm not looking for a forum business member sale....I'm looking for a "private owner" sale

• Like 1

I like it, but I think we could do without the separate AK, other rifle/shotgun, and pistol sections. I think one firearms section would suffice for the amount of traffic going on. I also like the idea mentioned above of moving the section higher up in order to generate more traffic.

• Like 3

Not a fan, It was much easier to see what ALL was for sale befor. I've never been in there looking for anything specific. So now in order to see what all is for sale I have to go into 5 different forums. I could see it needing to be done if there was pages of recent for sale posts but that wasnt the case so I dont see the point.

I agree with those who said the old one was better. i try to cruise through there daily and everything was seen at a glance. Now i have to check each section individually, not a big deal, but it's not my preference.

FWIW i agree with risky. A firearms and an other, or whatever named section would go alot further IMHO.

Am I going blind? I can't find any Shoguns in the Shogun section....

post-22401-0-69859800-1353808858.jpeg

Mine has them right in the title

post-38885-0-61919400-1353809901_thumb.jpg

And as long as we're nitpicking spelling errors - "ect" should be etc., as in et cetera.

And for fuck's sake, all of the posted stickies with apostrophes. AN APOSTROPHE DOES NOT INDICATE PLURALITY. IT INDICATES A CONTRACTION, OR IN SOME CASES, POSSESSION.

• Like 1

I like it, but I think we could do without the separate AK, other rifle/shotgun, and pistol sections. I think one firearms section would suffice for the amount of traffic going on. I also like the idea mentioned above of moving the section higher up in order to generate more traffic.

+1. Plus maybe a separate one for vendors so the WTS doesn't get cluttered with "ads". If they are a vendor, they should already have their own section anyway. If I want to see what a particular vendor has in stock, I'd rather visit their section.

• Like 1

Pros:

(If everyone posts in the correct section.....)you can find specifically what your looking for

Your ad gets to stay on the first page longer.......

Cons:

Everytime I hit the "back page" to go to the next part of the classifeds......i have to scroll all the way back to the bottom of the web page...annoying\time consuming

Another improvement would to have a "forum business member section"........When I go to the classifieds, I'm not looking for a forum business member sale....I'm looking for a "private owner" sale

The more I think back......the classifieds werent too bad until business members started flooding it......and the classified title is "from private seller"....just sayin.....

Edited by Saiga Power
  • Like 1