Prob airsoft guns

Actually, I was using my new Hi-Point 9mm. Guess everything is considered an AK these days.

I hear those are really hi-quality.

Pretty much, seeing as how it was confused with what I consider the best down and dirty weapon around.

Seriously, I do finally have one but haven't had a chance to do anything but a quick inspection so far. Maybe this weekend. smile.png

At SHOT show last year I asked the Hi Point rep why should I buy a Hi Point. He told me" they were the best firearm you could buy if you only had $200 in your pocket"

Exactly, Mr. Mwestra! Except I gave 239.00 for my 995TS and I doubt anyone could find one much cheaper. Inflation, I suppose. Could I have paid more for something else? You can always pay as much as you have, IMO, but yes, I could have forked out a few more bucks if so inclined. I wasn't so inclined for a couple of reasons.

Admittedly, out of reflex action I ragged on Hi-Points myself for a while, but then began to wonder why. Let's see. American made, cheap, reliable, and accurate. Somewhat fugly, but not overly so in the TS incarnation. Invariably, all the contempt for Hi-Point carbines came from non-owners (they wouldn't sink so low as to buy one, apparently) and all the praise came from people who had actually used and abused them. Hmmm.

Secondly, I have an innate urge to defend the underdog especially when people are piling on them. I'm not one to put a bumper sticker from the latest Super Bowl winner on my car just to seem hip, but that's just me.

Also, in these trying times there are indeed a lot of folks who can't afford the best of the best, whatever that is. I firmly believe that everyone has a right to defend themselves and their families. If they can afford a Beretta CX4, I have no problem with that. If they can't, I don't have a problem with that either. I plan on a brutally honest review of my 995TS although there have been numerous ones done before. FYI, I don't baby my weapons.

Finally, I just love to tinker, and have a few ideas for maybe improving the platform (that may include a new receiver). I'm not a gunsmith, but stayed at the Red Roof Inn last night (ouch!) so the possibilities are endless.

BTW, I'm not ragging on you at all, just explaining my viewpoint.

Welcome to the forum,

Tim

Well Tim I always keep a couple of Hi-Points around, the carbines and pistols aint bad really.

They go bang, hit what I aim at and use pistol ammo and come with a life time no questions asked warranty.

What the hell keep a couple around who knows.

• Like 1

Well Tim I always keep a couple of Hi-Points around, the carbines and pistols aint bad really.

They go bang, hit what I aim at and use pistol ammo and come with a life time no questions asked warranty.

What the hell keep a couple around who knows.

name='Rhodes1968' timestamp='1354862577' post='829355']

Oh yeah, I forgot that last part. A far longer warranty than most all of the 'premium' gunmakers have. Seems to me that if your product is so good, you could afford to back it longer.

Edited by TacticoolTim

I would have less of a problem with the HiPoint 995 if it didn't look like a Buck Rogers raygun.

eQ0ma.jpg

8Wcm1.jpg

I'm sure it runs awesome but it looks like it is made of licorice. HiPoint needs to hire someone else.

Edited by mancat

Tougher penalties on gun-related crimes and stepped-up enforcement would fix this. Am I wrong?

What part of the American Dream is this?

Government is failing us, once again.

Laws are tough enough as is, you seriously want them having more power?

Enforcement of the obvious crap is the problem.

I would have less of a problem with the HiPoint 995 if it didn't look like a Buck Rogers raygun.

I'm sure it runs awesome but it looks like it is made of licorice. HiPoint needs to hire someone else.

Looks? Seriously? For that price????

• Like 1

At least its not a SAIGA 12!

Maybe not on this one, but an S12 was used by a 19 year old kid to shoot one of our deputies this week. Fortunately, the deputy is now recovering and doing much better. At least we will get to skip the trial for the kid, but I do feel for his family and their loss...............................of the S12

eQ0ma.jpg

8Wcm1.jpg

That is totally awesome! I've always wanted to be a spaceman and now I can pretend to be one on the cheap!

Hey they go bang every time...

So does my ex, but that doesn't mean I want that bitch hanging around! :lol:

Nah, they are what they are- neat little shooters for the money, backed with a good warranty policy from what I've heard.

As to the OP, this is unfortunate. I'm getting really tired of all these shootings being publicized by the liberal media. It's one thing to state the facts, but they don't even do that. My LGS got robbed about a month ago and the first report was that the owner had been shot in the face, a customer had been grazed, and the shop had been pilliaged. A friend of mine spoke to dispatch an hour later and they informed us that no shots were fired, the owner had been beaten by hand, and four guns were missing.

People just love to tell a sensational story, and the media has a field day every time a crime is committed with a firearm.