I have my Michigan Concealed Pistol License or CPL. Currently we cannot conceal carry in Hospitals, Schools, Daycares, Bars & Places of Entertainment with a known seating capacity of over 2500. We can currently open carry in these areas but you get noticed quite quickly! There is legislature on the Governor's desk that would allow us to conceal in those places with additional training.

"No Gun" signs on private property here in MI carry no weight, all they can do is ask you to leave. Obviously you can face trespassing charges if you don't leave though. An example is the mall, they have "No Weapons" signs at entrances. When I first got my CPL almost six years ago I would leave my gun in the car. That didn't last long. Now I just go right ahead and carry, being sure it's concealed.

I carry everywhere. Concealed means concealed.

My wife used to ask me "why do you need to bring that" or "do you really need that HERE"... Those comments have become fewer and fewer. And this weekend while I was gearing up she actually admitted "it's getting crazy out there, what's happening to our society". I just looked at her and said "now you see why I carry everywhere".

Everyday I have my M&P, spare mags, Kershaw Leek, & pepper spray. I need to get a nice small flashlight.

I have a Beryl folding stock on my Saiga and it's registered as a pistol here in MI which means I can carry it loaded in my car where ever I want. (Unlike a rifle, here in MI they must be unloaded, separate from ammo and locked, inaccessible to the driver)

I have been seriously considering putting it in my car with a spare mag or two. But I fear it being stolen.

Just ordered a new holster aid me in carrying un-noticed at work with a wider option of attire. There have been days I have left it in my car because what I was wearing didn't lend itself well to carrying. No more.

Sorry for the long post. Kind of just rambling on there...

• Like 2

I carry everywhere, every day. People around here don't say much about it if they see it but I usually carry concealed. Kinda funny..... My county sheriff actually tried to tell a guy I know that he couldn't open carry in Indiana.... He apologized after looking up the law.

• Like 3

I open carry most places. Pretty much the only places I conceal is work and places that have signs. I got harassed by a cop once when I first started carrying and that's been it. I get more people telling me "right on".

I have a Beryl folding stock on my Saiga and it's registered as a pistol here in MI which means I can carry it loaded in my car where ever I want. (Unlike a rifle, here in MI they must be unloaded, separate from ammo and locked, inaccessible to the driver)

I have been seriously considering putting it in my car with a spare mag or two. But I fear it being stolen.

Consider getting a combination bicycle cable lock. Run it through the magwell and around something solid in the trunk or under your seat. Its a cheap and effective way to keep someone from easily walking away with your gun while letting you get to it quickly if need be.

• Like 2

How did you register your shotgun as a pistol?

I registered my Saiga .223 as a pistol. Until Jan. 01 2013 a rifle with at least a 16" barrel or a shotgun with at least a 18" barrel measuring between 26" and 30" is considered a pistol. (GOOFY law)

Legislation made it through to end that, but anything registered before Jan. 01 2013 can be grandfathered (non-transferable though).

Those no firearms signs might as well say "Victims Only". I use to put my sidearm in the glove box when entering one of those places too. No more.

Pine, I have to ask... Is that your dog in your avatar? That is one bad ass picture.

Edited by Pyzik

Here, we only need a permit if it's concealed on the body. I can carry it in a "man purse"(or hip pouch) and the wife can carry in her purse without a permit. Luggage exclusion.....gotta love it. In the summer, I OC, especially when riding the bike. If you see me, it's within reach.

• Like 2

I have a concealed carry permit here in GA. I don't carry everywhere - but i probably should. I live in the metro Atlanta area, and the cops in my small town are about as anti-gun as you can find. I have a holster mounted under the steering column in my Jeep, and when in it that's where my pistol resides. I was pulled over in a traffic stop here this past summer, and at the time didn't have a weapon either on me or in the vehicle. The cop went ballistic when they saw a empty holster, and even after explaining i didn't have a weapon on my person OR in the vehicle, and I DID have a permit to carry, I was harassed, lectured, and had my Jeep searched.

The ignorant bitch had the nerve to ask me why I needed to carry a weapon anyway. Boy was I tempted to tell her "to protect myself from the street thugs and nut jobs while you are across town stuffing you 230 pound ass full of another half dozen doughnuts"!

I had to bite my tongue and let it go....

• Like 5

I carry a 25 auto in my front pants pocket, If ya look close ya can see it.

By law I can not carry in a school building, but can keep it locked up in the work van.

Before ya ask, I dont know what I would have done on Friday!

My Boss is OK as long as you have the permit.

I carry everywhere, but in school buildings.

Edited by RED333

I carry everywhere, and in KY there are few places that you can't. In fact, many of the concealed carry prohibited places are still legal for open carry. No gun signs from private or county/city governments don't have the force of law; you can only be told to leave.

Carrying a handgun ain't to be taken lightly... it takes constant, clear focus and situational awareness. It's much more important to know when to draw and shoot than it is how fast.

You've also got to decide ahead of time just how engaged you are willing to be in these unfortunately ever more common 'active shooters' situations. I've made the decision that if I'm with my family, getting them clear of danger is my only priority. If I'm without them, I'll do my best to close with and if able, put rounds on the guy(s).

I used to carry only in my car even though I have my CWP. My job takes me through many "unsavory" areas. However about a year ago I started to carry everywhere where it was legal or not posted. It bothered my wife although she never openly objected. After the events of last Friday, I think the light bulb finally went off in her head.

I took my 14 yo daughter to finish up Christmas shopping on Saturday and we went to see "The Hobbit". I found it weird that from the time I entered the theatre, I was making mental notes of who walked in, where routes of protection and egress were, and what I would do to protect my daughter if something happened. I was CCing but I still felt uneasy. It sucks that you can't even go and enjoy a movie without worrying about nutjobs these days. I love my XDs, but I would have felt safer with my Saiga 12.

• Like 1

I have a concealed carry permit here in GA. I don't carry everywhere - but i probably should. I live in the metro Atlanta area, and the cops in my small town are about as anti-gun as you can find. I have a holster mounted under the steering column in my Jeep, and when in it that's where my pistol resides. I was pulled over in a traffic stop here this past summer, and at the time didn't have a weapon either on me or in the vehicle. The cop went ballistic when they saw a empty holster, and even after explaining i didn't have a weapon on my person OR in the vehicle, and I DID have a permit to carry, I was harassed, lectured, and had my Jeep searched.

The ignorant bitch had the nerve to ask me why I needed to carry a weapon anyway. Boy was I tempted to tell her "to protect myself from the street thugs and nut jobs while you are across town stuffing you 230 pound ass full of another half dozen doughnuts"!

Should have asked him the same shit. Or you could have replied that you carry for the same reasons he does. Anti-gun cops are the worst.

I took my 14 yo daughter to finish up Christmas shopping on Saturday and we went to see "The Hobbit". I found it weird that from the time I entered the theatre, I was making mental notes of who walked in, where routes of protection and egress were, and what I would do to protect my daughter if something happened. I was CCing but I still felt uneasy. It sucks that you can't even go and enjoy a movie without worrying about nutjobs these days. I love my XDs, but I would have felt safer with my Saiga 12.

We went on Sunday. I shit you not, a dude walked in with a fucking dust respirator on. Not a little paper mask but a dual carbon filter mask. I commented on it to my buddy and he about shit. We didn't take our eyes off him. Very fuckin weird. Had I not been carrying, I would have left.

• Like 1

Me and the wife went Saturday. I couldn't help but keep an eye on everyone who came in even just going to a fairly empty 11AM showing. The best thing I got out of it was when I had mentioned to the wife about wanting to carry in the theatre after we got home, she was saying she really would have preferred to as well

Signs mean nothing. Trespassing if you don't leave when asked?

Fuck it. You don't want my business? That's your choice.

I carry everywhere I go. New IN law allows carry to work (to- not in). I leave my 1911 in the truck 'till it's time to clock out, then it's on my hip. Thus far, openly carrying has had overwhelmingly positive consequences. Concealed carrying has given me great peace of mind.

IMO, the crazy ones are those who believe their protection lies in anyone's hands but their own.

• Like 2

I carry a 25 auto in my front pants pocket, If ya look close ya can see it.

By law I can not carry in a school building, but can keep it locked up in the work van.

Before ya ask, I dont know what I would have done on Friday!

My Boss is OK as long as you have the permit.

I carry everywhere, but in school buildings.

Red, all kidding aside, (not that I ever kid anyway) please trade that 25 in on a minimum of a 380.

Thank you,

Tim

• Like 1

Signs mean nothing. Trespassing if you don't leave when asked?

Fuck it. You don't want my business? That's your choice.

I carry everywhere I go. New IN law allows carry to work (to- not in). I leave my 1911 in the truck 'till it's time to clock out, then it's on my hip. Thus far, openly carrying has had overwhelmingly positive consequences. Concealed carrying has given me great peace of mind.

IMO, the crazy ones are those who believe their protection lies in anyone's hands but their own.

I have been asked to leave more than one place and I won't go back (I was open carrying). Value City Furniture, Sprint Store, Local Pawn Shop to name a few.

I was in a Hotel in Ohio and actually talked the owner into taking the sign down. He actually had his concealed licence too and said he "never thought about it"... C'mon.

• Like 1

It's amazing how this latest shooting has polarized the nation. You've got people on one side who are now terrified of guns and millions of people who have suddenly "seen the light" when it comes to carrying. I really wish how I could predict how this will all pan-out.

I'll be OC'ing at the grocery store tonight- I guess I'll see how people respond.

• Like 1

It's amazing how this latest shooting has polarized the nation. You've got people on one side who are now terrified of guns and millions of people who have suddenly "seen the light" when it comes to carrying. I really wish how I could predict how this will all pan-out.

I'll be OC'ing at the grocery store tonight- I guess I'll see how people respond.

Good man. I OC'ed all weekend with no difference in attention. I have tomorrow off and have some errands to run with the wife. I'll be OC'ing including to her eye exam. We'll see how that goes. bad_smile.gif

• Like 1

Should have asked him the same shit. Or you could have replied that you carry for the same reasons he does. Anti-gun cops are the worst.

Captain, it was a SHE, not a he. Anti-gun cops are bad? Try a rabid bull dyke Lesbian anti-gun cop! And every bit of 230 lbs as well. It would take three people to pick her up if she ever toppled over...excl.png

• Like 1

How did you register your shotgun as a pistol?

I registered my Saiga .223 as a pistol. Until Jan. 01 2013 a rifle with at least a 16" barrel or a shotgun with at least a 18" barrel measuring between 26" and 30" is considered a pistol. (GOOFY law)

Legislation made it through to end that, but anything registered before Jan. 01 2013 can be grandfathered (non-transferable though).

Those no firearms signs might as well say "Victims Only". I use to put my sidearm in the glove box when entering one of those places too. No more.

Pine, I have to ask... Is that your dog in your avatar? That is one bad ass picture.

I wish. Wife won't let me get a full blooded Cane Corso. Have a Corso mix, but not as evil looking as the one in the avatar.

Edited by pinetopfirefighter