I would like to hear others opinions. The NRA has been pretty much silent to far. Im starting to think more rational(maybe) and well maybe they are making the right move. Everything is very HEATED right now and any move could be quickly countered or attacked.

Maybe they are waiting to see who shows their true colors, who turns over, and who is still with them...

Maybe(I hope!) the NRA is building their case, maybe they are working on the big finale....?

I am betting things at the NRA are very interesting behind closed doors right now.

Im holding out hope here...

• Like 1

I disagree, I think the NRA should be rallying the troops and circling the wagons.

Im trying to stay optimisitc right now lol, holding out hope.

They stand to gain a lot more members if they fight for our freedoms, they stand to lose a lot too. If they stay silent too long it could be too late, but im thinking maybe they are staying silent for just the right time....

Despite some peoples objections with past decisions the nra has made, I think they stand to change those minds right now if they can step up and turn this around.

Im with ya chevy. With the anti gunners going bat shit crazy the nra will have a hell of a fight on their hands. All we can hope is that they're using their power correctly and making the right decisions at the right times. They have done a pretty good job at keeping those assholes in check so far, I just wonder how long it can last, I hope forever, but the odds are getting worse as time goes on.

If I were Wayne LaPierre, I'd take a similarly passive publicity position. When asked--and they will be asked, because the news will probably try to look like they're "balanced"--the NRA's statement should be that they are not in the business of politicizing human tragedy or capitalizing on the understandably intense emotional reactions to them. The mass murder in Connecticut in no way changes the organization's policy position or dedication to it. They should encourage all parties to wait for the air to clear before making far-reaching and irreversible decisions.

• Like 2

I like to think that the NRA is using its resources right now to prepare for the introduction of Feinstein's new AWB. The pain felt by many because of the shooting will never completely go away, but in time people will generally be less emotional about it. That fact is any anti-gun law's death right there. The democrats know this and as such are trying to push a new ban as soon as possible while people are still shaken up.

yes they are doing the right thing..right now the left is very upset nobody from the nra will respond to there shit and agree to go on air (you should have heard the rant on msnbc over just this fact)..face it all they want to do right now is utterly destroy any person pro gun..we are being told that we as gun owners (enablers of death some have said) must give up our absolute ideology in regards to the 2nd..right now the correct and logical responsible thing to do is for the nra to shut the hell up until later this week

ps:..one huge positive for nra remaining silent is they are learning who there true friends are and not wolves in sheep garb...like grassley (iowa),,munchin (west virginia) and warner (virginia)..every one of those dumbass turn coats needs to be booted to the door..its going to be a long week for us..next week all new ball game...AWB is not so cut and dry this time..we have 10 years of stats from 1994-2004...the former AWB showed no affect on crime...mistake was made by the left in 1994..they should have agreed to a 4 year ban then they could argue AWB's work contrary to direct correlation of 10 years of data show they simply do not

ps: is the nra perfect..hell no!!!..i have a lot of issues with them but they are going to be in this game along with us

Edited by snooter
  • Like 1

I believe the NRA sold out individual rights for "sporting purposes" a long time ago...

they also supported Harry Reid who helped us get not one, but two anti gun justices...

ETA: I still pay my dues

NRA has updated their webpage...

NRA STATEMENT

12/18/2012

The National Rifle Association of America is made up of four million moms and dads, sons and daughters - and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown.

Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting.

The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.

The NRA is planning to hold a major news conference in the Washington, DC area on Friday, December 21.

Details will be released to the media at the appropriate time.

We'll see what they say I guess...

• Like 2

I think this is the time for silence!!! The hard winds blow, let them blow and for gods sake, let's bury the dead first!

Finally someone has the sense to be quiet!!!

The time will come and now is not it!!!

If you don't join the NRA now or are not a member i really don't what to hear your jabber!!

So, JOIN!!!

M2cents

• Like 1

The NRA will sell AK owners down the river. They will stand up for hunters and sport shooters only. There will be a compromise and AK owners will get shafted. They will say nobody needs an AK to hunt or to shoot clays and that these are weapons of war designed to kill, and with a stroke of Obama's pen we will all be criminals facing 25 year sentences in US prison unless the guns are handed over to be destroyed.

That's my prediction. Nobody is coming to defend AK ownership.

No; the NRA is NOT doing the right thing. Every minute they hesitate gives the other side more time to pile it on and on, higher and deeper; until literally nothing can be done. Time is of a preminum right now. Besides, IMHO the REAL job of the NRA is to slowly give up our 2nd admendment rights. Are we better off now than 50 years ago? I do not think so.

Respectfully, the NRA is part of the problem and certainly not part of the correct solution. Like already said by others better...our founding fathers would be reloading by now. My opinion only, take it or leave it. Your choice...but what about your kids and their kids? HB of CJ (tired old coot) sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

Well, the NRA stands to win or lose my money. If there is an AWB, they get NO MORE of my money. That is all the truth, it will be the last draw. I have donated recently to help support this, if they can not deliver it is their fault, they have the power. They know they have the power. Their reputation has had too many strikes against it to give them another chance after this one. I will wait patiently and see.

I hope they pull through. Otherwise my money will go to other organizations.

• Like 1

"Issued by an aide to NRA President Wayne LaPierre, the statement also conveyed condolences for the murders and expressed the group's willingness to offer "meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again."

I do not like the sound of this at all. It sounds like they are talking about making some concessions.

Whatever they do it had better be good. IF an AWB passes, they are likely to be out of business for good. I hope that the huge shift towards sporting semi-auto rifles and shotguns by many competitive/sport shooters and hunters may mean that the NRA is a bit more filled out than it was in 1994.

I have been pretty annoyed by their lack of response, but now that I've thought about it a bit, if their response is good, I am willing to give them credit for waiting until the end of the week for their first major statement. You have to realize that a lot of the public has an insanely short attention span, and the vitriol could very easily stat to edge off by the end of the week here, even with constant media coverage.

There can be no legislative action until after new year's, unless Obama goes the EO route. By that time, a lot of the kneejerk public is going to be on to something else, especially after Christmas. I think this is what the NRA is banking on.

Frankly I've never been a huge fan of the NRA, nor am I a member. If they pull this off I will sign up for life.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 2

I guess we are doomed! I noticed a lot of conservative voters did NOT vote for Romney as he was to centralist (many saying he was not really any different than BHO, sic) and millions did not vote! Look at what happened! We have no idea what is coming in the next four years! Now the hard cores think the NRA will sell them out!! WTF!

Look I'm as hard core as any but we have to stand together or we all lose! Did I think Romney was the best choice?? Hell no, Do I think the NRA is perfect Hell no, but everyone needs to understand what we are up against and with the Left Wing Activist main stream media, this has to be handled very carefully or they will destroy us all.. And now your going to say BHO is the same as Romney!!! Bull Sh*t!!!

As far as the two faced lying Dingy Harry, He will have to face god someday and spend eternity somewhere other than Heaven for his deeds! This man sold out everyone!!!

The NRA will sell AK owners down the river. They will stand up for hunters and sport shooters only. There will be a compromise and AK owners will get shafted. They will say nobody needs an AK to hunt or to shoot clays and that these are weapons of war designed to kill, and with a stroke of Obama's pen we will all be criminals facing 25 year sentences in US prison unless the guns are handed over to be destroyed.

I think AR shooters or any Military based platform for that matter, will be fucked. Even the pro 2nd Amendment folks are parroting the POTUS saying these weapons have no sporting purpose. They fail to see it was written for the people to bear arms to protect the public from tyranny not for killing ducks. Everyone seems to be allowing grief and emotions override their common sense, even those on the right. Hell, Bill O'Reilly kept referring to an AK-15 two nights ago. We will probably see AK-15 on the new list of evil weapons now.

• Like 3

I think the NRA is doing the right thing. They are giving the families of those children and teachers some time to heal, and not using a tragedy to manipulate bleeding heart Libtards, which is more than I can say for Libtard in Chief, and his minions.

This is war, plan and simple, the libs and the powers to be have stated their next move without a pause! You don't sit back and wait, when your taking fire from the enemy, you turn fire! The NRA needs to act now and in full force, you don't wait till half time to start throwing up shots. If they don't come out swinging we'll all know that the rumors are true!

Skip to 4:35 to see them sitting idly by as he shoots at cars.

Any more info on that Clark County Shooting Park in the video? If it's just for shooting skeet and air rifles... then maybe. Hoping there's a fence, berm, or something along the highway.

Otherwise....What...the...

I think this is the time for silence!!! The hard winds blow, let them blow and for gods sake, let's bury the dead first!

Finally someone has the sense to be quiet!!!

The time will come and now is not it!!!

If you don't join the NRA now or are not a member i really don't what to hear your jabber!!

So, JOIN!!!

M2cents

I disagree with part of your statement, being a member or not of the NRA does not grant you some super status and give you more of a voice than someone who is not! I've helped many people on this forum by giving away NRA memberships and I continue to support them, but there are many suspect things about their origination that has many people not trusting them, so I can understand if people are at arms length with them. But your point is still very clear as far as I'm concerned, if people aren't working for this cause they are working against it! So JOIN!!! the fight in any capacity.

• Like 2

They sure were silent in 1989 when California banned the so called assault weapons. Their silence was deafening.