Need some legal advice in the Greensboro/Burlington NC area.

Hey Guys!

I will like to start off by thanking all of you very much in advance for your responses. I have a female family member who needs some legal help and I have never come across a situation like this before to have even given any thought where to begin.

So here goes the situation, She was charged with assault on a police officer and what ever they charge you with for walking down the interstate. She had not slept or ate anyting for some time and started to degrade mentally with stress after a trip across country. She became disoriented at a pitstop off of the interstate and got seperated from the party she was traveling with and the rest went down hill from there. First of all she was not on drugs because she was tested afterwards. She is diabetic and has high bloodpressure and takes meds for that. As far as assualting the police I understand she did not touch any of them but they did taser her. She has never had any run in with the law and she is in her late 40s. I here she is in real bad shape mentaly and phiscaly. I am on the other side of the country right now so I have not seen her yet.

My question to you is what steps do we need to take as far as handling these charges and most important of all how much would this probably cost when all said and done? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Man I tell you when it rain, it really comes down.

Edited by LOVE MY SAIGA!

Martindale.com is a good place to start looking for a lawyer. They list most of them and give a rating. From what I understand it is how lawyers find other lawyers when they need help with something they usually don't deal with. Good luck

i don't live in your area, but you can check for reviews for any business. just type in the lawyers name and review, then see what people have to say

i always read the bad reviews and try to judge if its legit or not, sometimes people leave fake bad reviews when they are mad.

good luck to you man, hope it all works out.

Edited by Salt
I have a female family member who needs some legal help and I have never come across a situation like this before to have even given any thought where to begin.

You don't need a lawyer to get a copy of the police report. Doing so will serve you two fold. First, you weren't there so it will clear up any confusion you might have. Second, when searching for a lawyer you won't have to verbalize the encounter. Fax it to a lawyer and take it from there.

Good luck and try not to stress, it'll wear you thin in these types of situations...

The least of your worries right now sounds like it shouldn't be the assault charge. Although you can more than likely get it dropped with the lawyer. Do that. Get the lawyer, get her out of jail. Then you need to get her to some doctors. Sounds like you need to tie up a lot of loose ends in the story and find out whats going on. Mentally and health wise she may be in danger.

Why was she not eating? Why was she traveling cross country? then why did she decide to leave? What drug panels did they run? No offense intended but there are some new things out there that dont show on a basic drug panel. bad shit that isnt good for you at all. May very well not be drugs. But it very well could be a health/mental related issue.

Stick to the lawyer and find her a doctor. Do what you can. Good luck.