There's was an older gentleman from somewhere in central America with his wife with a Chinese milled 556 ak with a rare metal adjustable for LOP stock and a bag full of about 8 magazines none that would fit his rifle. I know that 556 Chinese milled AKs are super rare he was trying to sell it, I walked by him and told him he should get at least 1200, since he looked like he had no idea what he had. I found out later he sold it for 800! At this gun show saiga 223 stock were 1000 and there were some vepr 12s for 2400 and a ps90 for 5000 and a rock river arms pistol PDS for 3000, needlessly said he got TOO little for his rare ak.

It's an AK. When you're in certain areas of the US that are more ignorant about AK style rifles and they think they should all be cheaper just because they're AK style rifles, believe they are less accurate, etc. I can see that happening.

Around here though when appropriately priced, AKs and ARs don't stay on the shelves, it's an even match of AR and AK lovers. I saw a Century .223 on a gun store rack recently. Wanted about that price. A week or two later, gone. Outsold his ARs that were still sitting there. :) He wants too much for his FALs though, I can tell you that. But that's nothing a stable market can't fix, whenerver we get to one (Damn politicians...). Cost and Worth as they say are two different things.

I haven't set up at a gunshow in over 10 years, but did so today to unload a pile of accumulated junk in the Tromix shop.

A guy comes over (about 35 years old) and picks up a Tapco AK SAW grip, which was in a box with about 20 others. He asks what it fits? I tell him it fits AK-47 style guns.

At this point, he leans forward across the table and looks me square in the eyes and says, "I'LL TELL YOU RIGHT NOW, THIS GRIP DOES NOT FIT AN AK-47"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm.....really? You're a Fucking dipshit.................move along ass clown.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

What was Spetnaz Soldier doing in Oklahoma? cool.png

• Like 4
I haven't set up at a gunshow in over 10 years, but did so today to unload a pile of accumulated junk in the Tromix shop.

A guy comes over (about 35 years old) and picks up a Tapco AK SAW grip, which was in a box with about 20 others. He asks what it fits? I tell him it fits AK-47 style guns.

At this point, he leans forward across the table and looks me square in the eyes and says, "I'LL TELL YOU RIGHT NOW, THIS GRIP DOES NOT FIT AN AK-47"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm.....really? You're a Fucking dipshit.................move along ass clown.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

What was Spetnaz Soldier doing in Oklahoma? cool.png

An idiot abroad episode, Carl was sick?

• Like 1

Tony Rumore

Tromix

I wish you had video!

usually it's the vendors that are the assholes. at least in my experience.

There are a few nice ones though but majority of them are asses.

The worst vendor we have has no price tags, and will change prices from person to person on the same gun. The 2nd worst is a tie between NCStar super tac all star that insists they are the best opics ever, way overpriced along with crappy "tac" lights for 5-10x what you can get them for on amazon, and the guy that sells nothing but knock off products made for Airsoft for actual guns.

There's was an older gentleman from somewhere in central America with his wife with a Chinese milled 556 ak with a rare metal adjustable for LOP stock and a bag full of about 8 magazines none that would fit his rifle. I know that 556 Chinese milled AKs are super rare he was trying to sell it, I walked by him and told him he should get at least 1200, since he looked like he had no idea what he had. I found out later he sold it for 800! At this gun show saiga 223 stock were 1000 and there were some vepr 12s for 2400 and a ps90 for 5000 and a rock river arms pistol PDS for 3000, needlessly said he got TOO little for his rare ak.

It's an AK. When you're in certain areas of the US that are more ignorant about AK style rifles and they think they should all be cheaper just because they're AK style rifles, believe they are less accurate, etc. I can see that happening.

Around here though when appropriately priced, AKs and ARs don't stay on the shelves, it's an even match of AR and AK lovers. I saw a Century .223 on a gun store rack recently. Wanted about that price. A week or two later, gone. Outsold his ARs that were still sitting there. smile.png He wants too much for his FALs though, I can tell you that. But that's nothing a stable market can't fix, whenerver we get to one (Damn politicians...). Cost and Worth as they say are two different things.

I wish I could even find an FAL around here

I went to my local gun show yesterday and actually walked away a happy camper. Got me some AK mag couplers that I have been looking for a long time.

When I saw them I'm immediately thinking this guy is gonna want $40-$50 dollars a piece, turns out, 2 couplers for $7, yes seven dollars. I picked up 8 of them shook the guys hand and ran like hell laugh.png The vendors I don't like are the fat ass lazy fuckers that act like your wasting their time. I go to a lot of different types of vendor type shows for other things as well and have found the gun show vendors to be the rudest people of all. Some fat ass knife vendor at the gun show was trying to tell me how his POS china OTF spring assisted knives are superior to Microtech. He wanted a 100 dollars a piece for these knives that looked like they came out of a gum-ball machine. Then he tries to tell me that Microtech knives are all made in Japan nowrolleyes.gif Then throws a fit when I don't buy anything and walk away. I think I've had my fill of gun shows for awhile. Same people with the same junk shit.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH
usually it's the vendors that are the assholes. at least in my experience.

There are a few nice ones though but majority of them are asses.

for shits and giggles if you get the opportunity be behind the table for a weekend. at the end of it you'll say to yourself, "damn there sure are a lot of stupid morons and assholes out there, and they own guns"

now do that for 10-15 years, and you'll find why some of these vendors are the ways they are.

when you have to deal with stupid morons such as;

the "DIME STORE PRICKS", these asswipes offer you 2 percent of what wholesale cost is on a item, I can understand negation and will negotiate with people, but when this asshats comes up and he offers you 15 bucks for a NIW FACTORY HK USP45C, I'd like to say, "don't like the price? keep your ass moving down the aisle" instead of "I will have to pass on your kind and generous offer" they never get the sarcasm

the "FINGER FUCKERS", these asswipes have barely enough money to get in the show and no money for anything else, then go from table to table picking up and banging away at every single gun on the table, without so much as "can I look at this" or any intention to buy anything, then go to the next table and start on another vendor's guns, then the next etc etc... etc...

I really have to hold myself back from saying to a guy that is clearly a finger fucker "that'll be 10 dollars for molestation fee". or if he has a GF, wife with him. "well since you finger fucked the guns , turn about is fair play, let me finger fuck your woman".

the "LONELY AND STUPID" they don't intend to buy anything, but will stand there bending your ear on just about anything, usually tin foil hat stuff, blocking the view on what's on your table from prospective buyers

at one time during a particular bad case of stupids and morons all day, I actually thought that a swarm of short school buses pulled up at he show and dumped these people off.

here is a true story, one of the vendors had his own stalker. every gunshow this moron picked him for telling him his prices were outrageous, which they weren't and just was a real PITA at the show to him. he went and lost it after like 3 or 4 months dealing with this ass clown, grabbed him took him to the promoter and said, "whatever the entrance fee is, I will pay double to keep this guy out"

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

I can't tell ya how many times Lorie and I have been "swept" or even snapped in on at gun shows and we only sell shirts... It's ridiculous...

Here is a generous offer I received on my Gun Broker auction for 2 East German 5.45 Bakelites in excellent condition. This guy really is a Dipshit!

"I'll give you 25.00 for both of them. And that is generous considering the market's floor and dropped out on mags and AR's and AK's. Mike"

I've never been to a gunshow and man, I really don't plan to start.

You're really not missing anything (Unless its a machinegun show. Those are cool.). I have never found a good deal on anything at a local gunshow.

I have had people lie, misrepresent, and fear-monger to me in an attempt to sell me their firearms. My favorite was the vendor who was trying to sell me a Saiga 7.62 with a thumbhole stock as an authentic Russian milled receiver AK! Or the guy who told me his CETME was an HK. Or the guy who swore the state legislature was banning everything as we spoke... etc, etc.

I think my favorite thing about going to a gun show is that its one of the few places where you can carry whatever firearm you want so I always make sure to carry something totally badass that isn't for sale and usually outshines whats actually on the tables!

I use to enjoy gun shows, now days not so much. Too many people on both sides of the table that are experts in all things, and now days just too many people.

Very few private sellers with stuff like an old 311 shotgun for a couple of hundred bucks or the guys who were just showing a beautiful collection of Kentucky long guns or civil war memorabilia.

Its now mostly just dealers with the same stuff they have in the store with the same prices or higher.

You also have the people selling “factory” mags that are painted instead of blued and made out of some really thin metal of unknown origin.