COLUMBIA COUNTY - The Columbia County District Attorney is making good on a promise not to prosecute a man arrested under the SAFE Act.

DA Paul Czajka told NewsChannel 13 he would not prosecute Gregory Dean Jr.

Dean was pulled over earlier this month after police say the light over his license plate was out.

Police say he also had a gun in his car.

While they say it was possessed legally, it had nine rounds of ammunition, which exceeds the state's new limit of seven rounds.

NewsChannel 13’s Dan Levy was in court for the decision.

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S3043917.shtml

big_smile.gifbig_smile.gifbig_smile.gifbig_smile.gifbig_smile.gifbig_smile.gifbig_smile.gifbig_smile.gifbig_smile.gifbig_smile.gifbig_smile.gifbig_smile.gifbig_smile.gif

• Like 2

Awesome, and I loved the comments as well. I have been thinking alot about you all from NY on the forum. I hope you know a lot of us stand with you, no matter what. Hopefully, the current leadership will go...starting with Bloomberg and Cuomo.

We need a full auto voter revolt in the next election, wide spread replacement of liberal Democrats across the board in EVERY STATE! Something that makes the last election look lame in comparison. I think it IS possible people are seeing just how far these progressive marxists are willing to go when they think they can get away with it. NOW we need to show them what kind of sleeping giant they have awoken at the polls on election day!

We need a full auto voter revolt in the next election, wide spread replacement of liberal Democrats across the board in EVERY STATE! Something that makes the last election look lame in comparison. I think it IS possible people are seeing just how far these progressive marxists are willing to go when they think they can get away with it. NOW we need to show them what kind of sleeping giant they have awoken at the polls on election day!

This^^^

And I suspect there are many more on "our side" than you might imagine who don't bother to vote. We need a major "Get Out The Vote" effort.

^ I have a few old cell phones lying around ... haha.gif

But, in all seriousness, Squishy is right. We need programs to mobilize our side. At this point it is pretty clear that our side is the majority easily. I recent read an article that was discussing how the "neutral" people on gun control were shocked at the banner's attacks. I think, maybe for once, reason is bleeding through. Now we need to use it!

They should have put him in jail and released rapists, child molesters, and murderers to make room for him. That would have been the smart thing to do to keep these hardened, 9 round wielding criminals behind bars....

We need programs to mobilize our side.

I'm not adverse to "programs" but what I think will work is just talking to people you know....and ask them to talk to people they know etc., etc. I think people are becoming desensitized to clever slogans and slick ad campaigns. I'm talking about serious, heart to heart talks...face to face. I did some of this during the last gun control push asking friends and family to send emails and make phone calls.

In 2014 all we're talking about is doing one thing on one day.

Also I think much of what is coming out about real examples of government tyranny, the IRS and Justice Department scandals etc. should have people's attention and hopefully make the convincing easier.

Of course there are those who will say it doesn't matter, blah blah, but I'm going to do what I can to push hard and if the HOR remains Republican and we can get the Senate it will be the only way to stem the tide. If it goes the other way we really will be upper case SCREWED.

No, the Republican party as it is now ain't nothing to write home about but I have absolutely no doubt it's way better than the alternative. The emboldened left as we've seen since Nov. 2012 will most certainly try to finish what they've started if they remain unchecked.

They don't give a shit about your principles or mine so let's show them the door.

• Like 1

But, in all seriousness, Squishy is right. We need programs to mobilize our side. At this point it is pretty clear that our side is the majority easily. I recent read an article that was discussing how the "neutral" people on gun control were shocked at the banner's attacks. I think, maybe for once, reason is bleeding through. Now we need to use it!

I think you, and many others here, need to realize that for every on "our side" there are two fucking Liberals. If not we wouldn't be in the sad situation we're in. As the old song goes.... "Teach your children well." of course written and sung by a hippy.

I think you, and many others here, need to realize that for every on "our side" there are two fucking Liberals.

I'm not convinced they out number us, in fact I think it's the opposite BUT, they are better organized and do less squabbling amongst themselves. They close ranks around "the cause" and are active politically.

We, on the other hand are busy working, raising our children and living our lives. We consider politics a necessary evil, they live for it. We believe in fair play and that the truth will win out in the end, they believe in creating their own truth and imposing their will by any means necessary.

Only until we band together and close ranks as they do will we have a chance against the "collective".

As always, just my opinion.

I think you, and many others here, need to realize that for every on "our side" there are two fucking Liberals.

I'm not convinced they out number us, in fact I think it's the opposite BUT, they are better organized and do less squabbling amongst themselves. They close ranks around "the cause" and are active politically.

We, on the other hand are busy working, raising our children and living our lives. We consider politics a necessary evil, they live for it. We believe in fair play and that the truth will win out in the end, they believe in creating their own truth and imposing their will by any means necessary.

Only until we band together and close ranks as they do will we have a chance against the "collective".

As always, just my opinion.

I tend to agree with Squishy here. I know, up in NYS, you have many more dems, and even here in VA, we have northern VA, which is bled-over from DC. Too many dems here. However, you have to ask why the elections are so very close every time. You also have to why its so close when the dems have such large programs to turn out the vote, while the republicans have nothing as big to speak of. I am pretty sure its because the whole center of the country is red.

I have to admit, I have gotten tired of talking to my own people lately. My gun club (about 1500 members), has meetings every month, and I talk to everyone when I can, and even within their ranks, the vocal responders are always saying its useless to call our reps/senators. While many agree with me, I really get the feeling they don't follow through. Its just 10 minutes a day, but even that seems tough for them. I also talk to a guy who is perhaps my best friend, and he just won't vote. I don't know why, I think he thinks its useless. It gets frustrating.

I guess I need to regroup and start again, maybe work out a new tactic in my "talks".