Looks like the bald eagles are starting to hunt ducks again, so they're getting hungry.  Get those cats and dogs back in the house, or loose them!

One nest that came down this spring had 5 dog collars in it, and local vets had reported 20 pet attacks by eagles from Jan - May of this year. 

• Like 1

Dear Canadian Tourists,

Unless you travel with your dog all the time, please leave that stupid piece of shit at home. It will be killed by wildlife or a conservative who catches your dog chasing elk and deer.

P.S. Fuck you, go home.

It sounds like you're seeing people who don't know how to travel with animals. My dog goes with me every time I can take him but he is always on a leash, in a vehicle, or indoors. Anyone who lets their pet run around loose outdoors even for a minute, especially in a strange environment, shouldn't ever expect to see it alive again.

• Like 1

Looks like the bald eagles are starting to hunt ducks again, so they're getting hungry.  Get those cats and dogs back in the house, or loose them!

One nest that came down this spring had 5 dog collars in it, and local vets had reported 20 pet attacks by eagles from Jan - May of this year.

Wow. Recently I saw a video of eagles catching fish, pretty amazing.

Poodles are good if they are trained like any other dog,.I have had two and both were great dogs.

Labs are great dogs, Pits are great dogs .

What I am saying is if you train them and treat them like a dog they all will be great animals.

In Nam they have 50 ways to Woc your dog.

Hello

My Drahthaar has quite a bit of Pudelpointer (European hunting Poodle) in her lineage. Laugh if you like, but she is one badass versatile hunting dog. They're used against bear and wolves in some countries. One helluva hog dog if you go that route, and an upland/waterfowl bird machine.

FWIW......

-guido in Houston

that's crazy, we had the same thing found near a friend's house in our area: eagle's nest came down and it was filled with pet collars.

there are so many bald eagles around my place that they become pests in some cases, even digging through trash like seagulls. hell of a change in 15 years or so. we never used to see them at all, now they're everywhere.

It ain't just eagles you got to watch out for hawks also. We have had eagles just start coming back around here about 4 years ago but hawks have been a problem for sometime. I have a hawk's nest about 100yds from the fenced in part of my yard.  My wife breeds havanese's they are a 15lb fur ball and would make a tasty meal for a hawk or eagle.  

I'm still pretty sure I ate either dog or cat on a Chinese cargo ship. It was shaped like a cat or dog leg and was white meat. I thought the only other thing it could be was rabbit, but I doubted the ship had rabbit meat on board. It was pretty good so I kept on eating and didn't ask questions.

• Like 1

I'm still pretty sure I ate either dog or cat on a Chinese cargo ship. It was shaped like a cat or dog leg and was white meat. I thought the only other thing it could be was rabbit, but I doubted the ship had rabbit meat on board. It was pretty good so I kept on eating and didn't ask questions.

That's fine, but as far as I'm concerned if it's from China I'm asking lot's of questions. Their dog food can't even be trusted. And if I thought I was suckered into eating a dog the cook would be wearing it like a cheap suit.

Edited by DogMan