I've been trying to find a job outside of Illinois, and have had no luck thus far.

I was offered a job southern Illinois, as a Fire Chief for a small fire department in Benton, Illinois. This is a huge step in my career even with this being a smaller department. This job may lead to other opportunities in the future, and at least we will be getting further from Chicago.

I'm also going to restart my military retirement process. I'll be fast tracking that, and will be done with 21+ years of service.

I appreciate the leads from forum members on other potential jobs.

• Like 6

Congratulations on the new job.

Yep, the position will be freaking fantastic on future resumes.

Southern Illinois is a whole different country compared to Northern, you'll be a happier man.

I've family in Arthur, IL, that area of central IL is big time Amish country, they love it.

Southern Illinois is a whole different country compared to Northern, you'll be a happier man.

I've family in Arthur, IL, that area of central IL is big time Amish country, they love it.

Ha, the wife and I went to Arthur for the cheese festival this year. Had a good time. Small world.

Ha, the wife and I went to Arthur for the cheese festival this year. Had a good time. Small world.

Dear God, please do not allow Chile to involve dolphins in this thead.

• Like 1

Congratulations! I remember when I go my first administration position. Remember this one rule "don't take things personal" and you will be just fine. Unions, politics and money will always be your challenges. Also seek out wisdom from other administrators in your position,

Good Luck and God Bless You!