The Blonde

lauren.jpg

I love the quote from the girl/woman that found the gun.

“ ‘Oh my God, it’s a gun.’ I said, ‘I think I’m going to throw up,’ ”

All that time unattended, and it didn't go on a killing rampage.

And when they opened the bag, it didn't automatically start shooting them.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/15/3872773/report-wife-of-miami-dolphins.html

Wife of Miami Dolphins’ QB Ryan Tannehill leaves AR-15 rifle in rental car

1aCOYK.St.56.jpg

Quarterback Ryan Tannehill with wife Lauren, visits the team and appears at a press conference Saturday, April 28, 2012 at the Miami Dolphins facility in Davie. Chuck Fadely / Miami Herald Staff

By CARLI TEPROFF cteproff@MiamiHerald.com

It may not be a crime, but leaving a rifle behind in a rental car could be dangerous.

Lauren Tannehill, wife of Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill, turned in a rental car, but forgot to remove an AR-15 rifle from the back seat.

The weapon was found by the next rental customer, a woman from New York, who turned it into police.

“This is certainly the kind of item you don’t want to forget anywhere, but forgetting isn’t a crime,” said Broward Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Keyla Concepcion.

According to a BSO report, Lauren Tannehill, 26, rented a Nissan Rogue from E-Z Rent-A-Car on Jan. 4. She had the vehicle for about two hours, then turned it in for another.

That same day, Judith Fleissig, 58, of Rochester, N.Y., rented the same Rogue.

She later found the gun, valued at $2,000, secured in its case in the back seat, according to the report.

Fleissig told the South Florida Sun Sentinel that the seats were folded down when she picked up the SUV, and she didn’t look in the back until two days later.

When she and her daughter saw the bag, they looked for an ID. They found the gun.

Her daughter unzipped the bag and said, “ ‘Oh my God, it’s a gun.’ I said, ‘I think I’m going to throw up,’ ” Fleissig told the paper.

She was told to hand the rifle over to the nearest police department so she turned it over to Hillsboro Beach Police.

It was not clear Wednesday whether Tannehill was able to get the gun back.

The Dolphins had no comment on the matter, saying, “The Tannehills view this as a personal matter.”

Miami Herald writer Adam H. Beasley contributed to this report.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/15/3872773/report-wife-of-miami-dolphins.html#storylink=cpy

A Freudian slip.  She didn't want to touch the evil bag that contained the evil gun.  She was just hoping somebody else would take it home and he would just forget about it.  Then she would be much safer.........right?  wink.png

Too bad I didn't find it when I rented a car.  The only thing I found in a rental car was a C clamp.  I would have loved to find an AR-15.

One would think so but really the paranoia that hits when you find something like that is likely common sense.

Used to rent a lot of cars when I traveled constantly. Found a wallet, bag of grass, and other less identifiable substances.

Returned the wallet to the agency and chucked anything I could not identify.

nothing.gif  

• Like 2

Too bad I didn't find it when I rented a car.  The only thing I found in a rental car was a C clamp.  I would have loved to find an AR-15.

One would think so but really the paranoia that hits when you find something like that is likely common sense.

Used to rent a lot of cars when I traveled constantly. Found a wallet, bag of grass, and other less identifiable substances.

nothing.gif  

What'd ya do with that bag of green stuff?  000.gif

nothing.gif  

What'd ya do with that bag of green stuff?  000.gif

You never know what they spray on that stuff while its' growing.  Could be all kinds of stuff that is real good for you.  Especially the stuff that is grown south of the border.  grimace.gif

Paranoid side comes out. Finding cash, drugs, and/or weapons in a vehicle. Is it a set up?? Then, every now and again hear/reported of Federal agents leaving or losing weapons. Heck, Holder and Obama lost 100's, yes it was intentional, but what the heck. Media wont wad panties over that.

Thousands of weapons misplaced in Kuwait, wonder if they ended up in Syria, or other Jihadist hands. Oh, it was an accident.

Finding a gun in the back of a rental car would make me want to puke too.

Time outta my day to take it to the police, really?

Let the owners know where they can come pick it up.

Stupid.

Can't I just keep it after we run the numbers?

Edited by Sim_Player