Stupid bitch should have kept her mouth shut.  However, I don't feel a judge should be able to run up the ticker like that.  What if he was just having a bad day and felt like someone else should have a bad portion of the year in the slammer.  I'm sure she's no model citizen, but fuck that judge.

Stupid bitch should have kept her mouth shut.  However, I don't feel a judge should be able to run up the ticker like that.  What if he was just having a bad day and felt like someone else should have a bad portion of the year in the slammer.  I'm sure she's no model citizen, but fuck that judge.

Sorry, you are wrong.  That dumb bitch deserves every one of those 300 days.  You can't say "fuck you" to a judge.

The judge was just doing his job.

• Like 3

It wasn't just the "Fuck You", it was the blatant insubordination/disrespect for the Judge from the very beginning.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

But yeah, it is, IMO, excessive and the Constitution is supposed to protect us from such.

• Like 1

It was a dumb thing to do, but you have to admire her spirit.

I don't think it's right the way he was able to keep stacking the contempt charges just for her lack of respect.

On the other hand, she just assured herself a place to stay for 10 months rent free.

• Like 1

Judges don't have any patience with people like this. That has been my experience.

He was being respectful to her regardless of her circumstance, until she got mouthy.

Like Chili said, "play stupid games..."

Showing respect for genuine authority and appearing redeemable can keep a smart person out of a world of hurt.

It's kind of like raising kids... get mouthy = spanking, repeat as necessary, until you get your point across.

So what does the first amendment protect then?

Absolutely nothing...........

I can call Obama an Asshat, how's that?

• Like 2

On another forum, a guy was relating a story where a friend could have walked away with 6 months in County lock up.

But he ran his mouth to the point that the Judge threw the book at him...  Four years in the State Pen.

Showing respect for genuine authority and appearing redeemable can keep a smart person out of a world of hurt.

It's kind of like raising kids... get mouthy = spanking, repeat as necessary, until you get your point across.

I'm all for the judge laying the proverbial smack down.  The same goes for my house.  What am I going to do, let the 7 year old control my environment?  Hell no!  More and more adults never learned that lesson as a child and now our society is filled with adults acting like children. 

• Like 7

haha.gif I miss that show.

But for the OP, Its hard for me to have sympathy. Our court system is filled with fuck ups that choose to stay in it. When this shit happens, they get what they deserve. Im all for self expression, but there is a time and a place. If I know Im going away for a long time regardless, then I could see how it wont hurt to say such, but this fucktard didnt know when to keep her mouth shut.

• Like 3

play ghetto games, win a ghetto prize.

as for all this non-sense about her "1st admnt. rights". well,  that has limitations, you can't yell "fire" in a theater, when there isn't a fire, and you can't  act out like a hood rat yelling out profanity at the judge in a court of law.  

now, if any of you want to challenge that. then the next time you get a speeding ticket and have to go to court, go right ahead and act out like that hood rat did, then after numerous attempts by the judge for you to be civil, go right on acting like a hood rat. then after you get  cited for contempt of court, pay the fine, go to jail etc.. go ahead and challenge that in a court of law, that the judge "trampled" on your 1st admnt right. then see how far that will get you

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 2

Who watches the watchers?  Who has ultimate responsibility for correct behaviour in the courts...both the accused or the court officers themselves?  We do.  Both parties screwed up here.  Yeah, the young lady is not an august model citizen.  However....I also think the judge also had a too short fuze....and really needs to held accountable for his actions.  Both parties?  Yep.  The judge needs a suspension. 

Yep...sometimes you just need to sit back and eat all the abuse some people throw at you...including judges taking it all from non august model citizens.  The lady should have had more respect for the courts.  The judge should have showed more patience.  If he does this routinely then he needs to leave the bench.  My read only.  HB of CJ (old coot) (ex FF, PM, RN)  Suck it up Judge!!

Awesome power absolutely requires and demands total responsibility.  She had everything to lose...the judge had every reason to show restraint.  That is the way is must be or else we have anarchy.

• Like 2

The lady should have respect for the court.....

but then again, we have courts that do not respect the Constitutional rights of the people.

How do we hold the judges in contempt?

At some point it becomes difficult to respect the enforcement & judicial system of a corrupt government.

Mom and Dad should of bitch slap this kid down from the gitgo. Then maybe she wouldn't be in the shit sucking off the societal tit. For the wuss whiners bitching about the judge, GROW THE FUCK UP and act like an adult, not a spoiled little cunt. Amongst the gangs, some one would have just shot her ass.

Judges don't have any patience with people like this. That has been my experience.

He was being respectful to her regardless of her circumstance, until she got mouthy.

Like Chili said, "play stupid games..."

So what does the first amendment protect then?

Absolutely nothing...........
I can call Obama an Asshat, how's that?
If you did to his face I'm sure his Gestapo would have your ass. Remember that whole "felony to protest within 200 feet "law Obama passed.
  • Like 1

but then again, we have courts that do not respect the Constitutional rights of the people.

At some point it becomes difficult to respect the enforcement & judicial system of a corrupt government.

The court does not require your respect, just your adherence to the rules.

Freedom of speech is part of what the First Amendment protects. There are certain speech elements that are illegal.

-Slander.

-Fighting Words.

-Classified information

-Inciting violence or a panic.

Amongst others.

When you are in court, you are addressing not a Judge, you are addressing the Court. This is the law of the land, and,

as an American citizen, you undertook an implicit social contract by being a US citizen to obey it. This is why the sovereign

citizen movement holds no water; the instant you benefit from society (ie being born) you are required to obey the rules

or face the consequences.

As such, if you disrespect the Court, you are breaking the law, then and there, with witnesses. It is illegal to disrupt the court,

freedom of speech does not apply because it is a legal exception that most everyone understands.

The woman should have politely asked the Judge for a solution because the court prevented her from returning home. This

is why you have a lawyer. The lawyer will ask for reasonable things, and the judge must grant them, or provide reasonable

logic why not.

This issue is a non-starter. It is not an abridgement of your rights, and there are much worse things to be upset about, so go

get Tea Partying on some other aspect more worthy of your time and effort.

• Like 5

Ha, just think about what her fate would have been in another country for pulling that kind of stunt. I would say shes lucky for only getting 300 days for that level of disrespect. Theres a saying here in the south: "If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough".

• Like 2

The court does not require your respect, just your adherence to the rules.

Freedom of speech is part of what the First Amendment protects. There are certain speech elements that are illegal.

-Slander.

-Fighting Words.

-Classified information

-Inciting violence or a panic.

Amongst others.

When you are in court, you are addressing not a Judge, you are addressing the Court. This is the law of the land, and,

as an American citizen, you undertook an implicit social contract by being a US citizen to obey it. This is why the sovereign

citizen movement holds no water; the instant you benefit from society (ie being born) you are required to obey the rules

or face the consequences.

As such, if you disrespect the Court, you are breaking the law, then and there, with witnesses. It is illegal to disrupt the court,

freedom of speech does not apply because it is a legal exception that most everyone understands.

The woman should have politely asked the Judge for a solution because the court prevented her from returning home. This

is why you have a lawyer. The lawyer will ask for reasonable things, and the judge must grant them, or provide reasonable

logic why not.

This issue is a non-starter. It is not an abridgement of your rights, and there are much worse things to be upset about, so go

get Tea Partying on some other aspect more worthy of your time and effort.

Well stated and I agree with you.

I really wasn't trying to defend this woman's behavior with my post.

I was reflecting on the much larger issue of the failure of the courts to adhere to Constitutional Law in many cases.

My comments were out of frustration with what we all see happening, and maybe not directly relevant to the original post.

I will address something from your post though...

"This is the law of the land, and, as an American citizen, you undertook an implicit social contract by being a US citizen to obey it."

My response is this...

“All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.” (Marbury vs.Madison, 1803.)

I had a good friend that told a judge to fuck off and he only got 30 days.  He was white and this poor woman was black.  That judge HAS to be a racist.  She seemed like a fine upstanding woman who just wanted to be able to go home.