That's a big one...but it won't be fit to eat....I would rather cook up my boot. Down East is all farm land plenty to eat..One of the biggest black bears taken in North America was taken in Hyde county..it was a little over 800#...I have had clients take black bears over 600#s when I guided down there...Plenty of groceries for the critters.

Is that a Sig716?

The mag looks like it has too much of a curve to be a 716 to me...

It looks that way to me as well, but the article said it was a .308 AR.

Either way its a hoss for sure.

Edited by Captain Hero

That's not too far from me, there is a large animal reserve near where he killed that pig. I often think about all the animals in The Great Dismal Swamp, there are giant black bears taken from around the edges of it all the time, I would imagine it is just full of pigs like that. There is good reason it is called The Great Dismal Swamp, much of it is pretty inaccessible for hunting or anything else.

That's not too far from me, there is a large animal reserve near where he killed that pig. I often think about all the animals in The Great Dismal Swamp, there are giant black bears taken from around the edges of it all the time, I would imagine it is just full of pigs like that. There is good reason it is called The Great Dismal Swamp, much of it is pretty inaccessible for hunting or anything else.

Don't forget about the big ass red wolves too...I have seen some huge ones around the Stumpy Point area.

The estimated bear population of Hyde Co. is around 5000...People population is 3000. Down East has no shortage of critters to shoot....

Edited by sccritterkiller

...that boar is an escaped specimen from our biological research facility down east. The plan was to breed a large wild boar capable of wearing an automated select fire turret and be hearty enough to make the trek deep into blue states and give their assistance once the revolt begins.

Just kidding. In all seriousness though eastern nc is hog farms and corn/soybean fields once you get away from the coast. Dash in a couple hurricanes unleashing a hog farm or two's population and you have a perfect breeding ground for them. Domestic swine go feral in 2 generations -domestic sow gives birth in the wild-piglets morphologically change to the common wild boar appearance. Glad they took them off the big game list, no license required to take them out now.

• Like 2

Wish California would figure that out. My uncle maintains property for a guy and wild hogs live on his property. Tag and license required to take. I don't even know if catching them in the act of destroying ornamental is good cause to take one without a tag. I so wanted to go help remove them, but not gonna pay non resident tags. Gave that state over 20yrs of my life, that's all they get!

Wish California would figure that out. My uncle maintains property for a guy and wild hogs live on his property. Tag and license required to take. I don't even know if catching them in the act of destroying ornamental is good cause to take one without a tag. I so wanted to go help remove them, but not gonna pay non resident tags. Gave that state over 20yrs of my life, that's all they get!

You need a tag for a non native invasive species? That's just insane!