How Come I Always Shoot Off ALL The Ammo?

I mean no matter how little I buy, I always seem to shoot off all my shooting-off ammo. Like right now I have NONE! Shot it all off on July 4th. How come this always happens to ME? (M2 Carbines are way too $expensive$ to enjoy!) HB of CJ (old befuddled coot) All US Laws And NFA Rules Apply. SW Oregon. Happy Birthday America. (Betty Bucker and Maxine Maxblast stayed in the safe. Too recoil intensive for everybody to enjoy. Pics in the works.)

The only time you can have too much ammo is if the house is on fire. I pick up a box a week of the common calibers and keep a stack set aside for teaching new shooters or range day with friends.

• Like 2

I mean no matter how little I buy, I always seem to shoot off all my shooting-off ammo. Like right now I have NONE!

I see your problem, if you don't; don't buy a little, buy a lot, and you won't have that problem of running out.

now is the time to buy it cheap and stock  it deep.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

For various reasons, I've learned to only take with me what I can afford to shoot. If its 2k rounds or 20 rounds, that's all I take. It's sorta like a savings account. Its good to have it when you need it and you don't want to squander it.

• Like 1

Even 20 every day will deplete your stores, if you aren't careful. That keeps me out of the head shrinker's paperwork, though. big_smile.gif

Edited by Yeoldetool

People sometimes ask me to go shooting. I know the marksmen who match ammunition and fun factors. The others expect to go out and try out all your gear and use up the ammo like it's .22lr back in the 80's.

Limit your friends without any ammo to 5 rounds of ammunition on each weapon you fire.

It is a drug, you give them a taste and they want more. If you're lucky, they will love your exotic calibers and will pay for the ammo.

• Like 1

People sometimes ask me to go shooting. I know the marksmen who match ammunition and fun factors. The others expect to go out and try out all your gear and use up the ammo like it's .22lr back in the 80's.

Limit your friends without any ammo to 5 rounds of ammunition on each weapon you fire.

It is a drug, you give them a taste and they want more. If you're lucky, they will love your exotic calibers and will pay for the ammo.

If your friends aren't dick they'd pay for it. Its like that buddy that show up, drinks all your beer, and never brings any over. I *had* a friend like that.

• Like 1

If your friends aren't dick they'd pay for it. Its like that buddy that show up, drinks all your beer, and never brings any over. I *had* a friend like that.

Sounds like any run of the mill alcoholic laugh.png

• Like 1

I cast and reload, what is this "running out of ammo you speak of"?haha.gif

You got that right! all but 22 and last year when I was low I vowed never to be low again. When I do shoot 22 with my friends I only bring a small amount like a brick.

I have tons of factory 380 but we shoot reloads , they just group better.

As a matter of fact everything I load groups better for less money

Edited by jerry52

Nothing like a good belt fed!  pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop- let barrel cool....pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop- let barrel cool....pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop- let barrel cool....pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-DAMN! OUT OF AMMO!

• Like 1