Just got a newsletter from sgammo saying ukraine's UCW factory was sanctioned because the rebels took it over. Anyone else hear this? I'll post the majority of what was said here. Just figured to give y'all a heads up if there's any truth to it... but i dont think Sam is the type to jerk your chain.

"For AK shooters, given the escalation of violence in the Russia/Ukraine conflict, if you are in need of ammo I recommend stocking up on steel case 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 calibers while prices are down. The Ukrainian Factory UCW is now under sanctions and it was recently captured and now controlled by rebels as their civil war rages. We will no longer be able to get ammo from that source. This leaves only Russia as a source for low cost ammo used by recreational shooters of these calibers and it is possible supply could be effected if the war continues and foreign relations with Russia worsen."

Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck!!!!!  anger.gif

I got that email but I didn't read it.

Suddenly I feel the 7k rounds of x39 I have isn't enough.  I really wasn't planning to buy more ammo but another case of Wolf HP coming up.

Edited by Darth Saigus

No panic.  Just a realization that if a major source of supply is cut off, supply and cost will be affected.

I have kicked myself too many times for not stacking it deep when it was $149 a case.

• Like 1

Romanian ammo is still plentiful. Don't panic!

Red Army standard is made in Romania and Ukraine. What I don't know is, is it all made in Romania and/or Ukraine and packaged accordingly, or is it made separately in both countries??? 

With f*ckhead in office they could just say "Ukraine, Romania, it's all the same".

Keep in mind this is to eliminate all low cost ammo into this country which is getting to be not low cost anymore. They know beyond a shadow of a doubt we buy com.bloc ammo almost exclusively and without ammo your gun is an expensive stick. Believe me, they know what they are doing.

Oh how I miss the days of the $75 shipped 1440 round cases of Norinco copper washed.

Red Army standard is made in Romania and Ukraine. What I don't know is, is it all made in Romania and/or Ukraine and packaged accordingly, or is it made separately in both countries??? 

With f*ckhead in office they could just say "Ukraine, Romania, it's all the same".

Keep in mind this is to eliminate all low cost ammo into this country which is getting to be not low cost anymore. They know beyond a shadow of a doubt we buy com.bloc ammo almost exclusively and without ammo your gun is an expensive stick. Believe me, they know what they are doing.

Oh how I miss the days of the $75 shipped 1440 round cases of Norinco copper washed.

We used to shoot that in sks till the barrels glowed

Some of that stuff's made in Bosnia, too - I believe Red Army Standard itself is an exclusive CAI product, they just have their ammo made in several different countries - CAI isn't Russian or Ukrainian - so it's not going to get sanctioned, even if some of the individual companies to buys from are.

I just hope we keep getting good Serbian brass-cased ammo (PPU) and the fact that much of it's branded "Wolf Gold" doesn't create problems down the road.

There is a question about the GT ammo.  The name of the company that makes it is on the list but the city specified is not the actual city GT is made in.  A government bureaucrat could take it either way.  One might say it is banned.  Another might say it's not.

I'm assuming the worst and preparing accordingly.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

GUYS,

I KNOW WE ALL DESPISE CHEAPER THAN DIRT (SPIT!), AND RIGHTFULLY SO, FOR THEIR PRICE GOUGING DURING DIFFICULT TIMES, BUT THEY HAVE BARNAUL H.P. FOR $115.00 PER 500RND CASE.

JUS' SAYIN' (SPIT!)

JESS1344

so, that's $249.95 with shipping ;)

Is Brown Bear ammo corrosive?

No.

GUYS,

CORRECT, SHANDLANOS, IT IS NON-CORRO; I'VE SHOT A SHITLOAD WITH NO CLEANING THEREAFTER WITH NO RUST. ETC.

FYI, THE MONARCH BRAND, ACADEMY'S HOUSE BRAND, IS ALSO BARNAUL.

ALSO, THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BROWN, SILVER, AND GOLDEN BEAR, IS THE COATING ON THE STEEL CASE, ZINC FOR SILVER, BRASS FOR GOLDEN.

BALLISTICALLY, THEY'RE ALL THE SAME.

WITHIN THE BROWN BEAR, YOU'LL FIND LACQUER AND POLYMER COATED.

I'VE HEARD, THAT UNDER HEAVY FIRING, THE LACQUER COATED TYPE WILL MELT THE LACQUER TYPE COATING TO STICK IN THE CHAMBER, AND ALSO CAUSE A BUILD-UP OF LACQUER.

I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THE RUSSIANS WOULD COAT THEIR AMMO WITH SOMETHING THAT WOULD CAUSE THESE PROBLEMS.

PERHAPS SOME MEMBERS THAT ARE FROM THERE COULD PROVIDE SOME INSIGHT INTO THE TRUTH, IF ANY, OF THIS.

JESS1344

I just read that dipshit is expanding the sanctions and all form 6 imports are to be suspended until ATF can determine their validity.

Ammo imports fall under form 6. So like I mentioned this will stop ALL ammo imports regardless of country of origin.

We may be royally screwed here. Seeking clarification. The info was posted on The bangswitch.

Well, that sounds just entirely illegal.

If true, needs a source - not just another sourceless forum post.

http://www.thebangswitch.com/all-russian-firearms-imports-on-hold/

Granted, he has no cites in his blog, but he has been pretty spot on.

Edited by ChileRelleno

We are living in a historical moment. All cheap import Russian ammo will soon be a thing of the past.

It is going to be weird to not see any of it for sale anymore. Now we will have to pay a premium price

for American ammo. But it makes me wonder, since the demand for American made ammo will rise

and sales along with it, Could the price actually come down? I always thought American ammo was 

so expensive because everyone bought foreign ammo instead. Figured they had to offset the price to

make up for the lack of sales.

I've never heard of a product that is already in extremely high demand getting cheaper when the demand suddenly grows by 10 fold.

If all this stuff sticks, I think the best we're going to hope for in the 3-5 years is that US ammo manufacturers can do something to actually KEEP UP. Prices are going to be whatever they are going to be, but "cheap" doesn't cross my mind.

GUYS,

I KNOW WE ALL DESPISE CHEAPER THAN DIRT (SPIT!), AND RIGHTFULLY SO, FOR THEIR PRICE GOUGING DURING DIFFICULT TIMES, BUT THEY HAVE BARNAUL H.P. FOR $115.00 PER 500RND CASE.

JUS' SAYIN' (SPIT!)

JESS1344

Ill sell all my AKs and just stick with ARs before I give my money to CTD