Freedom of Religion trumps Freedom of expression?

So as the title says this is my interpretation of the described events.

The statue was NOT harmed, or damaged in any way, and nobody knew such a thing had occurred till the goofy kid (lets face it this is something a goofy kid does) posted the pic on facebook.

Now "desecration" is described as committing an act that is "offensive" to a religious group, particularly an artifact.

Now before you go all "BUT IT WAS JEBUS! You jus can't do that to JEBUS!" keep in mind, that we've all made fun of Mohomo-ad at some point or another. And to those muslims, even a cartoon is blasphemous. It's just a different side of the same coin, or am I missing something?

http://www.examiner.com/article/teen-imitates-lewd-sex-act-with-jesus-statue-seen-on-facebook-cops-file-charges?cid=sm-facebook-091014-11.00pm-LewdActWithJesusStatue

Teen posts picture on Facebook pretending to have sex with Jesus statue, now in hot water with cops!Facebook

Advertisement
September 10, 2014

A Pennsylvania teenager simulating sex acts on a statue of Jesus has been charged with desecrating a religious statue. The unnamed teen was charged after he posted a picture of himself with his crotch in Jesus’s face on Facebook, according The Smoking Gun on Sept. 10.

State Police report that the boy posed for these pictures back in July in front of an Everett organization called Love in the Name of Christ. He was charged with desecration of a venerated object after police discovered his identity recently. He will face the misdemeanor charge in juvenile court.

The teen posted a few pictures to Facebook simulating sexual acts with the statue of Jesus. While his name hasn’t been released, police did say he is from Everett, so chances are people from the small Pennsylvania town will recognize this kid.

How embarrassing this must be for him and especially his parents. This one Facebook post has been seen in headlines nationally today and the picture of the boy with his crotch in the face of the Jesus statue has gone viral.

The public information release report for the incident states that the boy was 14-years-old and from the town of Everett. This kid will probably be known for that picture for the rest of his life. His deplorable prank can stay with him for years because it is a picture posted online.

He may now take the chance of this being seen by the entrance board of any college he may apply to one day and even a future employer. Even though his name is not posted, there are probably enough people who know who he is so that the name will eventually surface.

The desecration of a religious statue is a crime and back in 2010 a student at a Catholic College in Wilkes-Barre was arrested on the same type of charge. The college kid was intoxicated and caught urinating on a Nativity scene that was in the city square for all to enjoy.

It is time these asshats GROW UP!    PC = MIND CONTROLL!!!!!!!~

Yup...

So a person is breaking the law if you don't believe in Jesus and think it's funny to hump a statue of him?  Him humping said statue has zero effect on my beliefs.

• Like 2

"has been charged with desecrating a religious statue"

desecrating a religious statue? now that is some made up BS right there. the worse I see him being charged is trespassing, not some BS law  more suited for the dark ages.

Everett. pa is about 90 miles from Harrisburg, pa where the 3 mile island nuke plant is, has the radiation leak rotted all those people brains to come up with that BS charge. here is hoping that the judge was from someplace else and see for what this  charge is, utter BS, and throw that out or a charge that is suited for that, trespassing

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

There is a misconception of one's 1st amendment right one thinks they have a right to this the other to that.  Let me break down the 1st Amendment, "When your rights infringe on the rights of others it is NOT YOUR RIGHT.......

The only thing the first amendment gives one a right to do is to speak out AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT not each other. Learn History………

The government wants controversy this is how they make their moneys by putting people in jail…..

• Like 1

There is a misconception of one's 1st amendment right one thinks they have a right to this the other to that. Let me break down the 1st Amendment, "When your rights infringe on the rights of others it is NOT YOUR RIGHT.......

The only thing the first amendment gives one a right to do is to speak out AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT not each other. Learn History………

The government wants controversy this is how they make their moneys by putting people in jail…..

But it's the local government whom discovered the photo,and pursued charges,not the owners of the statue.

There is no right not to be offended.  The kid acted like a jackass.  So what.

A jackass puts a crucifix in a jar of piss and that's art.  A different jackass pretends to hump a statue of jesus and that's a crime?

One person's rights end where the other person's rights begin.  So show me who was harmed.  The answer is nobody was harmed.  Some people were offended.  Boo fucking hoo.

If you want freedom for yourself you have to want it for everyone.  Even jackasses.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 7

Here are the "LEWD" photos. This is a bullshit charge.  They show far worse on prime time TV, everyday. IF this is criminal then explain what YOU should be charged with for PAYING your cable company to provide you with content much more sexually explicit and vile than this?

post-32655-0-15167900-1410740247.png post-32655-0-63598500-1410740273.png  

If I'm not mistaken there is something about "graven images" and worshiping or serving them in the Bible (Exodus 20:4).  What the kid did is typical of what kids do.  I did not bother me other than it reaffirming the direction our country is heading towards...

• Like 1

Here's something guaranteed to piss everyone off (except the Atheists). 011.gif

Warning, NSTV (to View). 015.gif

The chick in Austria who's in this video has a nice set of knockers though. 032.gif

http://www.efukt.com/21181_The_Religious_Compilation.html

Holy crap!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll see a few of them from the video in the hellivator with me when it's finally my time to go. :lolol:

:eek:011.gif

Wow whats next, Ronald McDonald statues? Will it be a crime then?

only if it's  dressed up in a robe

clownjesus_b.jpg

otherwise it's OK to mouth fuck Ronald

ronald+might+not+be.+in+this+picture+we+

kid is lucky it wasn't a black jesus statue, he would have probably been charged with a "hate crime"

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

There is a misconception of one's 1st amendment right one thinks they have a right to this the other to that.  Let me break down the 1st Amendment, "When your rights infringe on the rights of others it is NOT YOUR RIGHT.......

Case and point!!!!!!!

http://www.theeagle.com/news/texas/thousands-released-after-immigration-holds-denied/article_e1c650a7-e3f3-595c-bd7f-59e4a4887849.html