BAR II: On the Range with the Heavy Counter Assault Rifle

GUYS,

HELL-FUCKIN'-YEAH!!!

GUARAN-DAMN-TEE YA, MARINES WOULD BE GETTING IN FIST-FIGHTS OVER WHO WOULD GET TO CARRY THESE.

NEEDS TWO THINGS, IMHO, ONE, A CROSSHAIR SHOTSTOCK RECOIL BUFFER, AND A LANTAC DRAGON MUZZLE BRAKE.

AS TO 7.62 vs. '06, WITH THE VASTLY IMPROVED POWDERS DEVELOPED OVER THE YEARS SINCE THE '06 WAS THE SERVICE CAT'RIDGE, I'M BETTING THAT THE '06 COULD BE SAFELY JACKED UP TO NIBBLING ON THE HEELS OF THE 300 WIN-MAG.

'PEARS AS THOUGH WE'LL BE ON A LONG DISTANCE BATTLEFIELD, FOR THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE, SO THE '06's LONG LEGS WILL BE USEFUL.

THE ORIGINAL BAR DIDN'T DO TOO BAD IN PACIFIC JUNGLE COMBAT EITHER, OTHER THAN FOR LENGTH AND WEIGHT.

JESS1344

Not practical for military use my ass. I like the poodle killer as much as anyone, but you need the 30.06 or .308 to send a message, the kind only a .30 caliber gaping hole will send. Screw the Geneva convention. Every damn terrorist in this world could not care less about it and we should be making up our own rules, meaning no rules and everything is fair in war. We know where their strongholds are, clean 'em out like the vermin they are, every last mother and mother's son. Let the military run the show and not the politicians. We'll show the bastards we didn't like the way Viet Nam was run. Scorched earth policy.

• Like 3

Not practical for military use my ass. I like the poodle killer as much as anyone, but you need the 30.06 or .308 to send a message, the kind only a .30 caliber gaping hole will send. Screw the Geneva convention. Every damn terrorist in this world could not care less about it and we should be making up our own rules, meaning no rules and everything is fair in war. We know where their strongholds are, clean 'em out like the vermin they are, every last mother and mother's son. Let the military run the show and not the politicians. We'll show the bastards we didn't like the way Viet Nam was run. Scorched earth policy.

A friend of mine said one day   "well you can't kill everybody",   I just said why not,   he just stood there looking at me amazing.gif  

• Like 3

I've always been a fan of the 1918A2. Something about portable semi-sustained fire concept. Personally I like the concept but I'll stick with the classic look of the 1918A2.

Glad to see OOW trying the waters woth this though.

A friend of mine said one day   "well you can't kill everybody",   I just said why not,   he just stood there looking at me amazing.gif  

Hehe... Some friends and I were discussing ways to "remove a threat" from a house. My one buddy suggested, "Just burn the house down. Problem solved."

Everybody just kind of stared at him, too.  ;)

• Like 2

That is an awesome variation of the BAR. They should have however, left the receiver as it was. The .30cal M1 is a total badass round. My dad was a rifleman in WW2 and carried a bazooka and a Garand. His buddy that carried a BAR used to stroke it and say "Yep, 20 rounds of particular Hell"! The arm our piercing stuff would go through 6 inches of concrete.

I can't see the '06 having much advantage over 308 with a barrel that short.

It's an interesting project but not practical when the 308 is already in the supply chain and there are many good 308 rifles to choose from.

• Like 2

If they could get the price down, chamber it for .308 and make it compatible with M14/M1A mags I might want one.  But they need to drop the price down for me, way down.

I  think you just described the M14.

• Like 1

If they could get the price down, chamber it for .308 and make it compatible with M14/M1A mags I might want one.  But they need to drop the price down for me, way down.

I  think you just described the M14.

Well the M14 was designed to replace both the BAR and the Garand but in full auto fire it wasn't that effective.  The BAR was designed for sustained full auto fire which makes it more ideal for military usage in the manner in which this modernized version is apparently hoped to be used if the military were ever interested.

Semi Auto is where the M14 shines.  This is very clear not only because of the military trials in which it had to be tested but because it is indeed a product improved M1 Garand by design.  Most M14s in service today have their fire selectors welded to the Semi-Auto position for a reason.

GUYS,

WE HAD THE WRONG MUZZLE BRAKE/FLASH SUPPRESSOR ON THE M-14.............

GO TO THE SMITH ENTERPRISE W-SITE (THE VORTEX GUYS) AND WATCH THE VID OF THE GUY RIPPING OFF A 20RND MAG, IN TWO BURSTS, FULL-AUTO, FROM THE OFF-HAND POSITION, WITH ONE OF THEIR MUZZLE BRAKES.

I BET THAT MUZZLE DOESN'T RISE AN INCH!

"ALL FOR THE WANT OF A HORSESHOE NAIL".

JESS1344