The other week, I wanted to find a pistol to replace the KelTec P3AT. The P3AT has served us well but, It's kinda like wearing a jacket. After a few years, you just get sick of wearing the same thing. The P3AT is dependable, cheap and goes bang every time but it lacks a few things like usable sights and accuracy. It's accurate up to about 15 feet. Yep, it sucks beyond that. Not that it needs to be used at any distances beyond that range. It still kinda stinks.

The other day I was sending back my wonderful Arsenal rifle that is still in the shop two weeks later. I noticed a little tiny pistol in the case that looked like a Glock. I asked to see it and sure as rain, it was indeed a Glock!

I have always wanted the european .380 Glock model 25 but, they don't sell them to civilians over here because it is designated a police and military weapon in countries that are not free. They can't import this because of this silly law that prevents mothers from protecting their children. Thank G-d we are in America. Anyway, I am glad I didn't end up finding a police return model 25 because this model 42 is much thinner.

The kicker? IT'S MADE IN THE USA! I don't think the Austrians would let USGLOCK produce a piece of crap and put their name on it so hopefully it will act just like it's big sisters.

We are still adjusting to this pistol but can tell you right off the bat, it is more ergonomic, accurate and as dependable or more dependable than a buffed out P3AT. That doesn't say much but it is a very accurate little shooter with less bite than the P3AT. It weighs a little bit more but not that you would notice while carrying it. The sights appear to be Ellison or Wilson? I can't read it with the naked eye and can't find my glass.

The only thing I did to this thing was add the Pearce grip extensions to the 6 round magazine. They have Ghost kits to add two more rounds and Glock has a 6 round extended factory magazine you can put the new guts into. 6+1 is just find and since it has to work all the time, I hesitate to put the aftermarket guts in the mags. The Pearce extension fits better on our hands better than the factory extended magazine. Still not sure why this is not standard with every new glock. It truly does need an extension for actual shooting and doesn't really get in the way of carry.

There was a little learning curve with this safety system and carry. I showed my wife the video of the cadet training to be a cop who shot his leg and she followed procedure to the T.

Here are some photos, if you were looking for another mouse gun. This one is very dependable and you won't feel bad when your sweat covers it and lint gets in the barrel.

post-24315-0-04909700-1412264175_thumb.jpg

Freestyle!

post-24315-0-44298100-1412264250_thumb.jpg

Not bad for the first day!

post-24315-0-00185700-1412264292_thumb.jpg

P3AT on top 42 on bottom.

post-24315-0-21599100-1412264348_thumb.jpg

Thinner is sometimes better.

post-24315-0-00445700-1412264405_thumb.jpg

Low profile, good feel.

post-24315-0-94625300-1412264466_thumb.jpg

Born in the USA!

post-24315-0-89679500-1412264520_thumb.jpg

Out with the old and in with the new!

The KelTec will never be sold. It's served it's purpose and will be a backup to the backup now. The price went up on them and It just made sense to upgrade to the Glock. The only thing we did not like about the P3AT was it's lack of accuracy. I know you will have issues with a short barrel but even clamped down, it was still loose as a goose. She is now semi-retired.

This is a good pistol to get your girl into shooting and make her feel more confident. My wife loves her new glock and looks forward to carrying it every day. I think it's a good idea to keep your women happy with their weapons, come to think of it..... Just keep them happy!

Good luck to you and yours.

N

• Like 8

That's a nice group shes got there. No bad guy is gonna wanna be messing with her beer.gif

Thanks! I'm proud of her shooting skills. She is getting better every year. I sent her to the northern lights training group earlier in the year and she had a blast with the old, crusty green berets. Not only did she have a good time, she gained friends and learned how things work around here.

I can't wait to say the same thing about my kids some day. :)

• Like 5

I like small guns. They fill a niche. You just have to pull the trigger a few more times.

I think a small Glock in .40 or .45 might be my next purchase.

ya, ive been tryin to hide double stack nines on my person for a while, and its just too rough during tshirt weather.(im skinny) think i need to just admit the fact that if i want capacity i gonna need to carry 2 guns, prob 2 sig 238s....

I like small guns. They fill a niche. You just have to pull the trigger a few more times.

I think a small Glock in .40 or .45 might be my next purchase.

ya, ive been tryin to hide double stack nines on my person for a while, and its just too rough during tshirt weather.(im skinny) think i need to just admit the fact that if i want capacity i gonna need to carry 2 guns, prob 2 sig 238s....

SIM,

SINCE YOU'RE THAT SKINNY, HAVE YOU TRIED APPENDIX-CARRY, IN AN INSIDE BELT HOLSTER LIKE THE SPARKS SUMMER SPECIAL?

OF COURSE, IN THAT POSITION, OBSERVATION OF "RULE 3" IS PARAMOUNT!

JESS1344

Edited by JESS1344
  • Like 1

Yinz got some big friggen mice around there!  :D

I bought a Colt Gov't Model .380 years ago that was one of my first-ever carry pistols. Still have it, still use it sometimes.

I bought a Kahr CM9 last year. Had a friend/local gunsmith round-off the very sharp corner at the front of the ejection port, and while he had it he gave the trigger a quick polish. It was good before, now it's very good!  :up:

She has some great shooting going there, glad she enjoys it!

• Like 1

Mouse guns definitely have a place!  I used to run night elevator service calls to DC public housing. 'Concealed' carry was NOT good enough, it had to be completely surreptitious carry. My tiny little .25 Beretta saved my life more that a time or two!

The argument  that you need to have 'enough ' gun is moot, when you are comparing a mouse gun in your pocket with a 1911 that is home in your safe.

I picked up a 42 as well, love it. Cant find mags for it though. Also carried a Keltec P3AT. I like the fact that the Glock has a real trigger, and it takes down like every other Glock. The Keltec is still easier to carry though.....

seen the factory mags on gunbroker and ebay with the extensions. about 40 bucks a pop! ouch!

agreed on the carry for the most part. this dude on ebay makes a kestrel holster that really does a nice job carrying it.

I love these little glocks, but I will wait for the 9mm version.

I suspect there will be no 9mm version. It would handle like a PF9 (in terms of weight/recoil).

yes, but how about a compensated model? if you can bake a .375jdj not kick with a freaking magnaport, you can tame a glock with a few holes.

I love these little glocks, but I will wait for the 9mm version.

what were you saying? I was staring at your ass again.

• Like 1