Fuck everyone around Seattle, and all the young voters around WSU in Pullman. All of them were too stupid to do their research into what 594 actually meant, instead believing the multiple TV ads paid for by Bloomberg and friends - which were countered by ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from the NRA. Not a single anti-594 commercial aired on TV. NRA was more worried about dumping millions of dollars into senatorial campaigns that were going to swing R any way, regardless of what the NRA did.

Here is the 594 voting map, illustrating how like California, Washington should be split into two states.

XVOrY8p.png

If this state keeps getting more and more like California, we will be pulling up and moving out to join my wife's family in Montana. I will have to start a new career, and wife will have to deal with having a winter.

What makes me madder more than anything is those people. Those Californians and other "foreigners" who moved into the state I was born and raised in, and brought the attitudes with them that "this is how we did it in California", or some other shitty northeastern state, and decide to turn this state into the restrictive shitholes that they moved from.

It's not just guns. Our governor wants to emulate the CARB emissions standards in this state - annual smog checks and safety inspections on vehicles, lawn equipment, power plants (we get nearly all our electricity from hydro any way), fucking up hunting and fishing regulations, etc.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 4

This whole left coast is getting worse each year. The election results here is just shameful.

It's starting to look like the only way out is that massive quake and tsunami they keep promising. See who's still alive after about ninety days with no groceries or electricity.

Fuck everyone around Seattle, and all the young voters around WSU in Pullman. All of them were too stupid to do their research into what 594 actually meant, instead believing the multiple TV ads paid for by Bloomberg and friends - which were countered by ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from the NRA. Not a single anti-594 commercial aired on TV. NRA was more worried about dumping millions of dollars into senatorial campaigns that were going to swing R any way, regardless of what the NRA did.

Here is the 594 voting map, illustrating how like California, Washington should be split into two states.

XVOrY8p.png

If this state keeps getting more and more like California, we will be pulling up and moving out to join my wife's family in Montana. I will have to start a new career, and wife will have to deal with having a winter.

What makes me madder more than anything is those people. Those Californians and other "foreigners" who moved into the state I was born and raised in, and brought the attitudes with them that "this is how we did it in California", or some other shitty northeastern state, and decide to turn this state into the restrictive shitholes that they moved from.

It's not just guns. Our governor wants to emulate the CARB emissions standards in this state - annual smog checks and safety inspections on vehicles, lawn equipment, power plants (we get nearly all our electricity from hydro any way), fucking up hunting and fishing regulations, etc.

Welcome to the new California mancat! I feel the same way you do. I remember when CA was no where near the liberal shit hole it is now! I feel the same way about the "foreigners" that infiltrated this state and fucked it all up. It's a damn shame that the libtards in the big cities votes outweigh the many folks that are not anti gun.

ETA: I have a very good friend of mine that moved to WA, partly to get away from the CA politics and he is pissed as hell about this. At least I know you have one CA transplant that is on your side up there.

Edited by Bigtwin

The NRA did nothing to show the bullshit lies that were being shown on the tv ads.

Shame on them.

Now when I go anywhere in public I have to wonder which 60% of the people I see are traitorous morons.

Most of this law can be ignored anyway, however , buying a firearm from someone you do not know is a no go.

• Like 2

I have a very good friend of mine that moved to WA, partly to get away from the CA politics and he is pissed as hell about this.

soon there will be no place left to run. We the people need to stop running and start fighting back.

You are 100% correct in that statement! As long as I am here I will continue the fight here. Sure I would love to be in a better state where my vote is not out numbered by 100 others! I here for the foreseeable future(ie 10 or so years) and I have been involved in the fight and I will not give up the fight in this fucked up state!

The NRA did nothing to show the bullshit lies that were being shown on the tv ads.

Shame on them.

Now when I go anywhere in public I have to wonder which 60% of the people I see are traitorous morons.

Most of this law can be ignored anyway, however , buying a firearm from someone you do not know is a no go.

Had a conversation with a guy last week about this. The speculation was that NRA wasn't worried about this because absolutely nobody in their right mind would VOTE away their own freedoms.

Clearly most of king county is not in it's right mind.

• Like 2

Have heard all sorts of things, but that the NRA didn't expect 594 to pass was not one of them. It polled high with almost every in-state polling agency.

Other things I've heard about the NRA's lack of action here:

- They don't like Alan Gottlieb or the SAF, and decided to leave them high and dry on their own turf - SAF is based on Bellevue, which is basically east Seattle. Certainly possible, as SAF has won several prominent 2A court cases that the NRA have not been able to touch. If this is true, it's a truly petty competition that needs to end here and now, and NRA, SAF, and GOA need to cut the bullshit and join forces to protect our 2A rights.

- NRA didn't think they could outspend Bloomberg and the other billionaires, so they decided to wait to see if the initiative passed, then fight it in court.

(Some background on this... 594 possibly violates the state constitution and initiative regulations, specifically by addressing numerous issues in a single piece of legislation - initiatives are only allowed to address ONE issue, where 594 does nearly three or four things in a single initiative This has led to numerous initiatives being thrown out within the past several decades, there is very real precedent here and those pursuing the case have sufficient standing for it to be heard - the only problem is that the courts could prove to be corrupt and refuse to allow the case to proceed, where they have done so in the past for initiatives they don't like (e.g. those that cut taxes).)

- NRA intends to let WA fall and use it as another example of "look what could happen to you if you don't contribute!", to scare members into contributing more. Those that live in CT and NY thought the NRA would come and fight for them in the aftermath of the new post-Newtown laws. Unfortunately the NRA basically abandoned them, and made no attempts to fight new legislation.

FWIW the NRA did provide several hundred thousand of dollars, but to whom or what extent I do not know. I believe this was primarily in the form of buying online ad space, printing bumper stickers and signs, sending out several reps to the state to work with local volunteers, and providing access to their robodial facilities to allow volunteers to make calls.

IMO the NRA only had to produce one good TV ad that would counter some of the lies put out by the MANY 594 commercials that were on TV, and it would've made a huge difference in getting some people who were on the fence to stop and think about the hidden gems that exist in this complete shit initiative.

Those that don't live here really don't realize how intense Bloomberg and friends blanketed the airwaves. Local channels were playing pro-594 commercials on every commercial break, sometimes two different 594 commercials in a single break.

Additionally, none of the local media made any attempt to give any voice to the huge opposition that existed. The local media simply parroted whatever the 594 group put into their press releases, completely avoiding any mention of the fact that the initiative affected TRANSFERS, not sales. No investigation of any of the claims of the anti-594 groups that this law would make criminals out of many gun owners by its vague and restrictive language on transfers. One major local paper (Seattle Times) even endorsed the initiative, ending any chance of receiving unbiased coverage on it. The local news media truly went out of their way to avoid any possibility of admitting that there was some truly bad shit hidden in 18 pages of legalese.

Even the state official voters's pamphlet mentioned none of this, and misrepresented the initiative as a restriction on private sales.

I've lived here my whole life, and I've never seen so much dishonesty and lies from the local media, even the elections commission and attorney general - who refused to comment on whether or not people would be prosecuted for various new criminal offenses created by the passage of 594. It truly appears that the election was bought and paid for, all the way up to the top.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 5

Not to suck up or anything, but you pretty much always say what I would want said. I really ought to take a trip in the next 29 days to your side of the state so we can pass our guns back and forth.

• Like 3

Blame King county if that makes you feel better but the real truth is less than 500k voted against the fuckin thing, so who's really to blame ? the POS libs that did what everyone expected them to do or the so called silent masses of people that didn't get off their ass and go vote. Less than 1.3 million votes all together out of a State of how many millions ? Its not hard to see why WA. ST. is a liberal paradise

Regardless, there is a safety valve. By WA law, in 2 years the legislature can modify or even throw out the law completely. No initiative is permanent, but we cannot let them continue to throw them at us and let them stick..

WA legislature is very 2A-friendly despite this shitty election outcome, with a healthy D/R split. We just got SBRs and suppressors in the past two years, and the legislature were originally the ones who looked at the text of 594, were given the chance to enact it into law, but after reading it said essentially "fuck this," which is why it was then taken up as an initiative.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 2