The Saiga issue

We just spoke with ATF, we are actually using their table to write this.... This is an easy fix to the problem according to Rick Vasquez from Tech Branch. If you have a saiga of any kind, from any importer, you need to measure the barrel and fix it.

Measure the barrel from the bolt face closed to the end of the barrel with the choke off.

IF you have a gun that is out of spec, call your local plumber and have him silver solder it on, or weld it in place. Do not call the ATF and freak out about it. Do not call your local PD and freak out about it. Just fix it. The ATF is not as concerned about the violations on the holders end, they just want them fixed. We are dealing with the import and sales violations now. That is what they are concerned about.

IF you have a gun that is out of spec, regardless of who you got it from or when you got it, please email it to us ( sales@fbmginc.com) or call it in to us so we can compile it for the Russian plant and address the quality control issue. Please do not waste your time or ours by posting the number here

IF you have a gun that is out of spec and got it from us we will make it right. We do not yet know how, we are working with RAAC on that. If you have a gun in question and want the removeable choke, we will exchange the gun for you. Please contact us directly for this.

We all have seen how the ATF operates, and how things can change in the agency. This is what they are saying today, so take advantage of it and do what you need to do and we can address things on our end once everyone is clear of any issues. The ATF will be addressing this in writing very shortly, so again, do what you have to do RIGHT NOW. If you choose to wait for any other kind of resolution, more than likely it will become YOUR problem. Again, if you fix it now we will do what we can to fix your problem once everyone is clear.

Thanks,

FBMG

Yes thanks Pvt Pyle. It's nice to have someone at the Shot Show looking out for us. :super:

I don't know about you guys but I'm going thru the yellow pages to find me a plumber with some 12ga muzzle attachments laying around. :lolol:

Perhaps Tony or someone else could produce a short length barrel extension we could have soldered/welded on with OEM threading so all the chokes/flash hiders/muzzle brakes we've already purchased can still be used and interchanged. :unsure:

Edited by tritium

I'm surprised the BATFE are being friendly in solving this issue. Im glad they didn't arrest the unwitting owners for having non compliant shotguns. Apparently JPFO's exposing their abuses has helped.

We owe PvtPyle a big thanks for getting a friendly solution from the BATFE to the problem to keep our forum members from ending up in jail.

Edited by uzitiger
Perhaps Tony or someone else could produce a short length barrel extension we could have soldered/welded on with OEM threading so all the chokes/flash hiders/muzzle brakes we've already purchased can still be used and interchanged. :unsure:

NO! Do not wait. Do what you have to do now and if you want to get the adjustable chokes on your gun, let us know and we will take care of you. If you wait, you may not be able to own a gun later. Fix it now!

This doesn't effect me, but how do you document "when" the fix was performed....especially if it's a diy?

Hey, I'll give you this one to-you've always stated that you would stand behind your product sales if there was a problem. Not a better example than here.....now.

NO! Do not wait. Do what you have to do now and if you want to get the adjustable chokes on your gun, let us know and we will take care of you. If you wait, you may not be able to own a gun later. Fix it now!

I understand your point, but I've purchased my S-12 from another source unfortunately, and not FBMG. Is there anything you guys can do in that case? Thanks.

I can not take your gun in and give you a new one right now. BUT, we are getting more as we speak. Get with me off line, and if your dealer won't take care of you, we will help you fix this.

Thanks. I am awaiting a response from my dealer to see what they are offering as a solution and if not satisfactory will contact you privately ASAP.

Edited by tritium

Thanks...my S12 is on its way from you right now....I emailed you with my conserns....if it measures short when I get it I will contact you on the options. I want to add a brake of some kind anyway so maybe somthing can be worked out with Tony to get one of his brakes silver soldered on.

thanks for jumping on this, Greg

I dont believe the BATFE was so friendly, as mentioned above, maybe it was JPFO, if so, good for them and their boot the BATFE campaign.

Maybe, seeing that they dont really know WHICH of the people received a bad gun, as was the case with all the Yugo M76's imported in the lot mine was in, they figure a voluntary fix is acceptable, as opposed to recalling every shotgun sent out, if there were really 10,000 of them imported.

I agree, fix em quick, the Justice Dept isnt gun friendly as with Ashcroft behind the wheel, before they decide they need recalled, and I guess you could always claim the choke was soldered on at the factory.

Another question, if you attach a brake instead of a choke tube, would that violate 922R? I didnt think a brake was allowed until you did the whole US parts compliance thing.

Another question, if you attach a brake instead of a choke tube, would that violate 922R? I didnt think a brake was allowed until you did the whole US parts compliance thing.

Very astute observation frick. Technically, I believe you are correct. Add a US muzzle flash hider and face 922r compliance. Of course this is a damage control exercise. RAA is going to feel BATFE heat for this before it is all said and done. As Riley said many years ago "What a revolting development!!!"

Wolverine

The problem is that you would have to send ATF the muzzle device and have them rule as to whether it is actually a muzzle brake or a flash hider. That would probably take longer then the window of time they will allow to actually get the muzzle attachment permanently affixed.

If FBMG has a contact at the ATF, maybe we could get the device expedited through a ruling. The two units that I have been using would definately be ruled as flash hiders. My new Shark brake may be ruled a muzzle brake, since it does not have any cuts that are parallel to the bore.

Edited by TonyRumore
The problem is that you would have to send ATF the muzzle device and have them rule as to whether it is actually a muzzle brake or a flash hider. That would probably take longer then the window of time they will allow to actually get the muzzle attachment permanently affixed.

If FBMG has a contact at the ATF, maybe we could get the device expedited through a ruling. The two units that I have been using would definately be ruled as flash hiders. My new Shark brake may be ruled a muzzle brake, since it does not have any cuts that are parallel to the bore.

Tony , Im going to convert mine right away so any muzzle device that brings the barrel length to the legal length would be cool , right? Im interested in the AK74 style break that you make...would that do the trick if silver soldered on.

I have seen a solder on extension that has the internal threads for win-choke or rem-choke. Most likely Brownells,Midway may have one too. They should work nicely! Cut the barell back 1" less than the amount the extension adds. (OR FIGURE FOR 18.25"TOTAL)

G O B