EPA's McCarthy: Contaminated water from Colorado mine will spread http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/11/epa-mccarthy-contamination-from-colorado-mine-spill-will-spread-cause-still/

"The spill occurred while an EPA crew, using heavy equipment, was working with federal and contract workers, to inspect the abandoned mine near Silverton, Colorado."

The EPA should not be allowed to operate heavy equipment, period.

• Like 6

Anyone else does this and they would be fined into bankruptcy, brought up on charges, jailed and put against the wall of public opinion and shot.

What will happen to the EPA and their contractors, likely nothing or a just a dog & pony show slap on the hand.

Who will pay for this?  We the Taxpayers.

• Like 9

Sometimes shit just happens?  Eventually how far downstream will that crap go?  Is the Gulf of California eventually toast?  Will it get out into the greater Pacific?

Yep ... until we have real accountability with our government, the can will just get kicked down the road.  Are there special laws protecting the governmental inept?

• Like 1

Anyone else does this and they would be fined into bankruptcy, brought up on charges, jailed and put against the wall of public opinion and shot.

What will happen to the EPA and their contractors, likely nothing or a just a dog & pony show slap on the hand.

Who will pay for this?  We the Taxpayers.

I think we will too. Being a government agency at fault, they'll not want to interfere with Mother Nature healing herself in this case. All blame absolved.

I find this to be upsetting. When the EPA slams it own ass with fines the taxpayer will have to pay for it and someone at the EPA will get a raise. What about the people who will suffer financial loss and health loss over this? They will not win in a lawsuit. Gov't entities rarely ever lose, just the taxpayer, and most of us don't even like what they are allegedly doing for us. I wish this stuff was elective and simply a part of the income tax reporting (I never get returns, so I don't call it a return). Let the US Citizen vote with their wallet for the success of programs they actually want to fund and pay for. There should be a checklist and you can actually pay for the programs you want to support and not contribute to the things you don't want....

Do you want to fund the US Military? Yes

Do you want to fund the Border Patrol? Yes, if they will be allowed to enforce law.

Do you want to fund the EPA? No

Do you want to fund Planned Parenthood? No

Do you want to fund a study to see if cocaine makes people horny? No, go ask a crackhead.

Etc.

Etc.

• Like 5

Miners are as pissed off as gun owners over this!  EPA = ATF!

Check this thread on Tresurenet.  It's about 7 pages right now.  A few of the members know what was going on in the area and the history.  Very informative!

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/472144-animas-river-colorado-huge-environmental-disaster.html

• Like 2